Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Canceled and renewed TV show

847 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Marsha Henderson says

Loved this show! If I missed it because of work I was on my computer the next day to view it.
    Move to Europe to watch?? I do hope to continue to see it (do not have cable) so of course want NBC to run it.

2. Gary A says

No way NBC will renew it. Its a great show that doesn’t appeal to the lowest common denominator. One of my favorite shows of the year. Hopefully AMC, SYFY or another cable channel will pick it up. The last two episodes were fantastic!

• elizabeth says

I agree. There is so much reality TV crap on that decent, thought provoking, beautiful scenery, intelligent shows get crapped on. Yes at times one or more of the actors were hard to understand, but that is what made the show great. International actors and a new story every week and an underlying story or two that flowed through the season. I hope someone picks it up. NBC will probably air another talent competition or lock some people up in a house and see what happens. It’s all about the ratings, not the quality of TV programming anymore. It’s a shame. Out of all the new fall shows, I’m only watching two. Here’s hoping Jonathan Rhys Meyers can save Dracula.

3. Steve T says

Yes, renew, the show has a strong cast of complementary but independent characters which help further some great story lines.

4. dawn says

please renew this show. these are incredible actors and the story line is up to date and fresh. i am so tired of watching the same story on the same three stations. do this.

5. Robin McDaniel says

please renew this well-acted, well-scripted program! Excellent program…a cut above much of the current programming.

6. poppy says

Please renew the show. I would watch it even if it was on cable. This show requires a sophisticated audience and is not for your reality show addicts. We need more shows like this on TV.

7. Stacey says

Please renew Crossing Lines for a 2nd season. I love this show. Great cast and amazing locations. There should be more shows on TV like this. Reality shows are so uninteresting.

8. Max Lewa says

Please renew Crossing Lines. NBC has had a habit in recent years of introducing good dramas then letting them fizzle away. Think “The Event”, and “Heroes”. Their writers apparently can’t keep up the momentum or the network won’t give them a chance. Many of us are not entertained by reality shows, new-talent programs, and inane comedies. In the days of ER and the Law & Order franchise, NBC was a leader. Down to L& O: SVU, they’ve lost it.

The Blacklist is promising. Crossing Lines is thrilling adult fare and the international locales give it a bigger edge.

Max L.

9. John says

I’d watch Crossing Lines wherever it was shown. Much better than most series television today, well written and thoughtful. Most shows are, frankly, rather mindless.

10. Suzanne Tessier says

please keep Crossing Lines on TV. It is a great show….better than all those reality shows.
    It is on late at night so I record it for my husband. I got my 15 year old grandson hooked on it too, great show with great actors and actresses.

11. Karen M. says

Here are some of NBC new shows:
    Food Fighters =Another game show which pits everyday people cooking against professional chefs in hopes of winning prizes

American Dream Builders – Yet another show that pits top designers, builders, architects and landscapers against each other to see who can come up with the winning design. Most of these designs the everyday, normal person could never afford.

The Undateables- Just what we need, a show pointing out why some people can’t seem to get dates. I am sure this is just the “feel good” show these people need.

The Night Shift – How many hospital based shows has NNC try and had failed over the last decade and why do they think this one is going to be any different? Let’s put in in the same time slot as Grey’s Anatomy and see how long it takes to make a tremendous belly flop.

The Michael J. Fox Show- I love Michael Fox. I believe he is heroic in his fight against Parkinsons Disease and has done much to to increase the funding in research for this horrid disease that robs people of their lives. That being said, I watched this show and it stinks in my opinion. If this show survives this first season it will only be on the sympathy/pity points.

I would much rather keep Crossing Lines on the lineup that any of these “new” shows that NBC is offering as well as some of the old standby’s.