Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Terry T December 29, 2013 at 1:09 am

Crossing Lines and The Blacklist are two of the best shows I’ve seen this year. The production values, writing, and acting are all exceptional. It would be a real shame if Crossing Lines isn’t shown on NBC next season. CBS shouldn’t be the only network with good dramas!

Joanne December 26, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I thought this was one of the better shows that the network carried. I hope that they bring it back for season 2, if not than I hope a cable network picks it up so that we can still have a chance at having some intelligent TV.

kameny December 24, 2013 at 3:23 pm

cant wait to watch season two

Art December 22, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Can’t wait for season 2! Great production!

John Burwell December 22, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I think it’s a great show and that it would be a real shame to not renew it. Excellent story lines & acting=awesome show!

Pittsburgh Cheryl December 21, 2013 at 12:22 am

WOW — I can’t believe you would even think about cancelling this program. There is so much garbage on the channels these days and this grabbed hold of people I know and we don’t want to let go. I will never understand “polls”. Who do you call? Not me for sure. It’s like Political Polls. I’ve worked Presidential Campaigns and no one has ever called me for my input in a Political Poll. Guess no one cares how I feel about TV either. This program is a mini-series type program and other programs like Person of Interest, Blacklist and NCIS —- all of which I personally love. Again, please do not take it off NBC. Thank you

Anonymous December 20, 2013 at 8:18 pm

This series was so great! but no one knew about it because NBC didn’t promote it at all. If they re-ran series 1 mid-season and promoted series 2 with only half what they gave HIT LIST, it would really put all the other formulaic shows to shame. Please bring this wonderful show back.

Fox December 18, 2013 at 2:14 am

Great show, can’t wait for season 2.

Anonymous December 17, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Was a great show. Enjoyed it. My whole household liked it.

nancy December 15, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I loved the show — please bring it back – or sell it to cable!!!

Laura December 12, 2013 at 9:33 pm

This was the best new show last year! It was refreshing to see new settings besides tired old New York and Los Angeles. I appreciate the intelligence of the script and the international flair. I can’t imagine ratings on this show were low when shows pandering to idiots (ala “Duck Dynasty”) are such big hits. PLEASE NBC…renew this! Perhaps put it in a different time slot.

CAT December 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm

please bring it back for season 2

Janet December 11, 2013 at 10:15 am

100% bring this show back, it is one of the best drama shows I’ve seen in a long time. Right up there with The Blacklist!!!!

don sutherland December 10, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Come on this is a well acted and interesting concept. Maybe that’s the problem – not enough insane action and bombs.

Anonymous December 23, 2013 at 9:57 am

This is an amazing show! Maybe they should release straight to Netflix like Orange is the New Black! People who pay to watch will show them what is quality.

sheri richter December 10, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Awsome show…myself and atleast 30 friends love the show…..canada wants to see more