CSI: Season 13 Ratings

CSI: Las Vegas  ratingsHow long can the original CSI continue to be a ratings success for CBS? CSI: Miami was the first of the franchise to be cancelled. Will the Las Vegas version be the second? We’ll have to wait to find out.

The 13th season of CSI typically airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm on the CBS network. The cast includes Ted Danson, George Eads, Elisabeth Shue, David Berman, Elisabeth Harnois, Eric Szmanda, Jorja Fox, Paul Guilfoyle, Robert David Hall, and Wallace Langham.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if CSI is going to be cancelled or renewed for season 14.

Episode 13-22: Wednesday, 05/15/13
2.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 9.53 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.30 in the demo with 10.42 million.

Episode 13-21: Wednesday, 05/08/13
2.2 in the demo (+16% change) with 9.82 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.31 in the demo with 10.47 million.

Episode 13-20: Wednesday, 05/01/13
1.8 in the demo (-21% change) with 9.49 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 2.31 in the demo with 10.50 million.

Episode 13-19: Wednesday, 04/10/13
2.4 in the demo (+14% change) with 11.11 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.34 in the demo with 10.55 million.

Episode 13-18: Wednesday, 04/03/13
2.1 in the demo (-9% change) with 9.89 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.33 in the demo with 10.52 million.

Episode 13-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
2.3 in the demo (+21% change) with 10.53 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.35 in the demo with 10.56 million.

UPDATE: CBS has renewed CSI for a 14th season and Ted Danson will return.

Episode 13-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
1.9 in the demo (-17% change) with 9.44 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 2.35 in the demo with 10.56 million.

Episode 13-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
2.3 in the demo (+21% change) with 10.65 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 2.38 in the demo with 10.63 million.

Episode 13-14: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.9 in the demo (-21% change) with 8.54 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 2.39 in the demo with 10.63 million.

Episode 13-13: Wednesday, 02/06/13
2.4 in the demo (-8% change) with 10.97 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.79 million.

Episode 13-12: Wednesday, 01/23/13
2.6 in the demo (+13% change) with 11.46 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.78 million.

Episode 13-11: Wednesday, 01/16/13
2.3 in the demo (+5% change) with 11.14 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 2.41 in the demo with 10.72 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 13-10: Wednesday, 12/12/12
2.2 in the demo (-15% change) with 9.59 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.68 million.

Episode 13-09: Wednesday, 11/28/12
2.6 in the demo (+8% change) with 12.11 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.44 in the demo with 10.80 million.

Episode 13-08: Wednesday, 11/21/12
2.4 in the demo (-4% change) with 10.77 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.63 million.

Episode 13-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
2.5 in the demo (+9% change) with 11.01 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 2.43 in the demo with 10.61 million.

Episode 13-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
2.3 in the demo (-4% change) with 10.33 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.55 million.

Episode 13-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
2.4 in the demo (0% change) with 10.91 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.44 in the demo with 10.59 million.

Episode 13-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
2.4 in the demo (+4% change) with 9.95 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.45 in the demo with 10.51 million.

Episode 13-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
2.3 in the demo (-12% change) with 10.63 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.47 in the demo with 10.70 million.

Episode 13-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
2.6 in the demo (+4% change) with 10.70 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.55 in the demo with 10.73 million.

Episode 13-01: Wednesday, 09/26/12
2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.76 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.50 in the demo with 10.76 million.

Compared to its season premiere a year ago, the show was down by 22% in the demo (vs a 3.2 rating) and down by 16% in viewers (vs 12.74 million).

Reference point: The 12th season of CSI averaged a 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 11.37 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the CSI TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 14th season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Lisa January 24, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I would watch it again if they brought Grissom back. I was 17 when this show premiered, and have had the biggest crush on William Petersen since!!! I know that the show has taken on new directions, but it’s like a completely different show to me now. I really have never seen anything with Ted Danson so I can’t comment fairly on that. I stopped watching when Grissom left, and won’t watch again until he comes back (even if it is a guest spot!!)

Paul February 20, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Grissom was the best character on the show and I was sad to see him leave but Ted Danson fills the spot pretty well. Langston didn’t have enough of that quirky, eccentric stuff like Grissom but Danson does a little bit. I recommend checking out of the Ted Danson episodes/

Natalie January 21, 2013 at 8:53 pm

It should stay!!! The ratings are good, it’s been a crazy up & down season so far for Sara, but I love CSI. I miss Grissom though. I wasn’t a big fan of Teds at first, but he’s growing on me. However I’m still not a fan of Shue or the character of Morgan. Not a fan. But if Jorja, George, Eric & the rest of the originals sign on, I’m in! ( & if we can get Billy to do an appearance, if nothing else than to sve GSR, we’d be set!) ps- please save GAR & keep Sara safe! GSR forever. Love Sara!! & love Jorja!! She’s amazingly wonderful & so gorgeous:)

Boredom December 14, 2012 at 2:50 am

loved the whole csi franchise until they took off the best one (miami) now i just record them and dont watch them because the other to are just boring now.

Dan Curtis December 14, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I loved the original CSI but never understood the appeal of Miami. David Caruso is one of the worst actors ever! Even the way he removes his sunglasses before he is about to make some melodramatic point is laughable. Just my opinion of course.

kim lee December 15, 2012 at 7:50 am

I totally agree! CSI Las Vegas is the best.

Anonymous December 10, 2012 at 3:23 am

I have and always will love the show. It is still an awesome show after thirteen years, that’s talent! I would be lying if I said that I didn’t miss Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, and even Langston, but I think that the show has really overcome every obstacle that has been in it’s way. I absolutely love the show and I hope it has twenty seasons! Keep up the good work, guys!

geri November 23, 2012 at 4:25 am

I love the new characters on CSI. It gives the show new direction. I loved the old character too, but life goes on. I like all of the CSI shows and I am sorry that Miami is gone.

Anonymous October 16, 2012 at 10:54 am

CSI MIAMI WAS THE BEST ONE OF THEM ALL!!! WHY OH WHY DID YOU TAKE IT OFF THE AIR. I JUST CAN’T UNDERSTAND YOU SUIT & TIE GUY’S WITH
HOW YOUR BRAINS WORK. YOU ALWAYS TAKE THE BEST OFF FIRST, OH CSI MIAMI HOW I MISS YOUR NEW SHOWS THAT WILL NO LONGER COME TO BE !!!!!!

Anonymous October 28, 2012 at 5:53 am

IT SUCKED

Lou November 21, 2012 at 9:53 am

It was nice, I have to agree. A bit too much, with all the color filters added to the image and the super saturation of colors, and David Caruso was clearly doing too much, but hey, that’s what made it different, sort of glamourous.

Now that CSI Miami has ended (poorly! last episode was a joke, couldn’t even tell it was the last episode), there is no more good CSI left. Sad.

I’ll go watch The Mentalist.

Anonymous December 15, 2012 at 7:51 am

David Caruso is such a bad actor.
Please don’t cancel CSI Las Vegas!

Julia October 15, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I love CSI, I have watched it since the beginning. I don’t care what other people say, I will continue to watch CSI no matter what. When I can’t find anything worth watching I can usually find a channel that is showing CSI and enjoy it all over again. Thank You!

Melinda October 13, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Still the best show on the air!

Ruth October 12, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I have never missed any episode in 13 years. To me the addition of Ted and Elizabeth was genius. I love CSI: Miami and think they got a raw deal. Please keep the original going for a 14 th and15 th season! But I do have to agree, it would be a dream to have Marg H. And William P. to come back. Why did they leave? You haven’t seen them since they left. Doesn’t make sense to me why actors do this.

Why Watch October 11, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I don’t watch CSI for one reason, it’s not real. The lab people don’t go out and solve the crime and arrest people. They provide the evidence the police need who then arrest the criminal.

el October 18, 2012 at 11:26 am

if you don’t watch a show because “it’s not real”, i don’t think you get the point of tv ;) it’s a drama show, not a documentary!

still love the show, danson does a great job, shue sucks, harnois is doing okay (but i could live without her) and the original cast is as great as always!

Why Watch December 14, 2012 at 11:42 am

Terrible, inaccurate misrepresentation of how our criminal system works. One does not get instantaneous results as the shows demonstrate. There needs to be some semblance of reality for these shows. There isn’t any here.

Anonymous December 15, 2012 at 7:54 am

@Why watch: You seem to know a lot about this great series for somebody who says it’s not worth watching it.

Lou October 3, 2012 at 5:20 am

Ted Danson sucks! Horribly!

Laurence Fishburne was waaaaay better and of course, the Grissom character was infinitely better.

Shue is unbearable, simply put. Just seeing her arrogant face makes me want to turn the TV off.

This show has nothing left of what made it cool. No more mystery, no more “noir” aspect, it is all drama, it is headed straight to the telenovela style.

No more CSI for me.

Anonymous September 30, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Can’t even watch it anymore now that Ted Danson is part of the cast. He has ruined the show. Really miss Catherine and Grisom.

ThatBob September 30, 2012 at 4:28 pm

While I think Shue was a great addition, CSI is just tired and has nothing left to say. Time to put it out to pasture.

gustavo September 30, 2012 at 9:53 am

Compared to Laurence Fishburne, Ted Danson has made it enjoyable again,. However, the show is still not the same since Grissom left.

Mike September 29, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Ted is horrible in this show! It has run its coarse! He was good (Maybe Great) as Sam Malone! But he has run this show into the ground.

Anonymous September 30, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I agree, can’t stand to watch it now with Ted Danson.