CSI: Season 13 Ratings

CSI: Las Vegas  ratingsHow long can the original CSI continue to be a ratings success for CBS? CSI: Miami was the first of the franchise to be cancelled. Will the Las Vegas version be the second? We’ll have to wait to find out.

The 13th season of CSI typically airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm on the CBS network. The cast includes Ted Danson, George Eads, Elisabeth Shue, David Berman, Elisabeth Harnois, Eric Szmanda, Jorja Fox, Paul Guilfoyle, Robert David Hall, and Wallace Langham.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if CSI is going to be cancelled or renewed for season 14.

Episode 13-22: Wednesday, 05/15/13
2.0 in the demo (-9% change) with 9.53 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.30 in the demo with 10.42 million.

Episode 13-21: Wednesday, 05/08/13
2.2 in the demo (+16% change) with 9.82 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.31 in the demo with 10.47 million.

Episode 13-20: Wednesday, 05/01/13
1.8 in the demo (-21% change) with 9.49 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 2.31 in the demo with 10.50 million.

Episode 13-19: Wednesday, 04/10/13
2.4 in the demo (+14% change) with 11.11 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.34 in the demo with 10.55 million.

Episode 13-18: Wednesday, 04/03/13
2.1 in the demo (-9% change) with 9.89 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.33 in the demo with 10.52 million.

Episode 13-17: Wednesday, 03/20/13
2.3 in the demo (+21% change) with 10.53 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.35 in the demo with 10.56 million.

UPDATE: CBS has renewed CSI for a 14th season and Ted Danson will return.

Episode 13-16: Wednesday, 02/27/13
1.9 in the demo (-17% change) with 9.44 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 2.35 in the demo with 10.56 million.

Episode 13-15: Wednesday, 02/20/13
2.3 in the demo (+21% change) with 10.65 million (+25% change).
Season averages: 2.38 in the demo with 10.63 million.

Episode 13-14: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.9 in the demo (-21% change) with 8.54 million (-22% change).
Season averages: 2.39 in the demo with 10.63 million.

Episode 13-13: Wednesday, 02/06/13
2.4 in the demo (-8% change) with 10.97 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.79 million.

Episode 13-12: Wednesday, 01/23/13
2.6 in the demo (+13% change) with 11.46 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.78 million.

Episode 13-11: Wednesday, 01/16/13
2.3 in the demo (+5% change) with 11.14 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 2.41 in the demo with 10.72 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 13-10: Wednesday, 12/12/12
2.2 in the demo (-15% change) with 9.59 million (-21% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.68 million.

Episode 13-09: Wednesday, 11/28/12
2.6 in the demo (+8% change) with 12.11 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.44 in the demo with 10.80 million.

Episode 13-08: Wednesday, 11/21/12
2.4 in the demo (-4% change) with 10.77 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.63 million.

Episode 13-07: Wednesday, 11/14/12
2.5 in the demo (+9% change) with 11.01 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 2.43 in the demo with 10.61 million.

Episode 13-06: Wednesday, 11/07/12
2.3 in the demo (-4% change) with 10.33 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 2.42 in the demo with 10.55 million.

Episode 13-05: Wednesday, 10/31/12
2.4 in the demo (0% change) with 10.91 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.44 in the demo with 10.59 million.

Episode 13-04: Wednesday, 10/24/12
2.4 in the demo (+4% change) with 9.95 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.45 in the demo with 10.51 million.

Episode 13-03: Wednesday, 10/17/12
2.3 in the demo (-12% change) with 10.63 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.47 in the demo with 10.70 million.

Episode 13-02: Wednesday, 10/10/12
2.6 in the demo (+4% change) with 10.70 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.55 in the demo with 10.73 million.

Episode 13-01: Wednesday, 09/26/12
2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.76 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.50 in the demo with 10.76 million.

Compared to its season premiere a year ago, the show was down by 22% in the demo (vs a 3.2 rating) and down by 16% in viewers (vs 12.74 million).

Reference point: The 12th season of CSI averaged a 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 11.37 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the CSI TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 14th season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Silvia March 6, 2013 at 9:06 am

Instead of cancel bring Grissom back!
CSI Las Vegas 4ever please please please…!

Ann March 4, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I have been a true fan of this show since the beginning and it only gets better. I like the way characters have evolved over the years and the writers bring in new characters to keep the show fresh. I was sorry when Gary was killed off. I did like him but he was getting a little over the top. I am not really enjoying Elizabeth Shue just yet. Maybe that will change. We will see. We have too many so called “reality” shows on, yes they are cheaper to make. However I have my own reality life and that is enough. And bringing a new boss(Ted) in was brilliant. He has a certain humour that makes CSI run well. Nice also to have info on the characters. Makes for interesting scenes. CSI needs to keep going and I hope it does.
Thanks for giving me good TV to watch. Keep it up…..

icp March 3, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I love CSI. Please keep it and CSI NY!! Wish you’d bring back CSI Miami, too!!

CSILover March 2, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Omg I love CSI so much! I got so hooked on it watching Miami. NY and Crime Scene Investigation! They already got rid of Miami I disliked that so much because these shows have made me want to go get in the field of Forensic Science! Please don’t take it away from its biggest fan in the whole world!! Lil team Jorja all the way!!!!

Darlene B. March 1, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Grissom made the show and without him on it, they can take it off. I do not like
Ted Danson on it, it makes it look like a comedy.

Guest13 March 1, 2013 at 10:57 am

Long time fan of CSI–do not like all the ‘personal’ stories this season and the CSI in harms way. Stick to the crime.
That said—can not believe writers chose to end the romance of Sara and Grissom just because Billy Petersen won’t return. Petersen does not have to be on screen, or even heard, for Grissom to be in Vegas and making Sara happy!
I’m sure CSI will be around for 14 seasons, but, please, write crime stories, not all this personal angst! Writers are no where near as talented as Rambo and Goldfinger and others from seasons 1-6.

vicki fraser February 26, 2013 at 2:01 pm

No Idon’t think they should cancell it. I’m sick and tired of getting involved in a really good show then they cancell it. I’m a faithful watcher right from the beginning love them all. There are so many “Stupid” shows on right now it makes me sick. Is TV getting that desperate they have to put garbage on the air just to fill in the time slots? They have taken off 666 Park Ave,Human Target,CSI Miami,Flashpoint ect What’s going on???

vicki fraser February 26, 2013 at 1:47 pm

No I don’t think it should be cancelled I’m a faithful watcher right from the beginning. And I’m sick ansd tired of getting involved with a really good TV show and then it gets cancelled. There are so many “stupid” TV shows on right now it makes me sick. Is TV getting so desperate that they lower themselves to garbage??

Boo February 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Absolutely adore the new cast of CSI. The show is still excellent and reliable. There is no reason to cancel it. Ted Danson makes an excellent supervisor – those ‘family meetings!’ – and brings a new dimension to the show with his family. Nice touch, that! The relationship between Finlay/Shue and Russell/Danson is also intriguing.

Linda Brown February 23, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Love Ted Danson as D.B. Russell. Enjoy watching CSI and CSI NY. Hope they both get renewed for another season.

Centaurette February 22, 2013 at 12:27 am

I absolutely LOVE Ted Danson on CSI! I loved Peterson as Grissom, but Danson is doing an AWESOME job!! It is getting good again. Don’t let it go yet!!!! Same for NY!! Too many shows get cancelled after a season or 2 that had potential, but the CSIs already have it down to a science so keep them as long as possible! ;-)

Ed February 21, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Time to drop the hammer it getting so predicable it boring death all the character are getting long in the tooth and the new ones just don’t fit

Barbara February 17, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Since the introduction of Ted Danson into CSI this show was given a fresh shot in the arm.
Please don’t give up on this program and let there be a 14th season

Marcelline February 14, 2013 at 3:40 pm

I’m french and a great fan of CSI
I want a 14th season, please please

SNAPPS January 26, 2013 at 11:25 am

CSI’s doing great and with it into it’s 13th season it’s had a wonderful run. I never thought I would enjoy this show but after my coworker at DISH got me hooked I never miss an episode. I’m always looking forward to what’s next on primetime since its all I mainly watch. I get it recorded using the PrimeTime Anytime feature in my DISH Hopper DVR which records all four major networks nightly which fixed all the timer conflicts. This puts an end to all the DVRs constantly being tied up in the evenings and lets the kids watch some other shows too. I also like the fact I can watch all my shows on any TV in my home.