CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Francine Benedict August 21, 2013 at 11:52 am

Was shock to see CSI Miami was canceled anyone out there hear me out you did wrong canceling the show, please bring it back.

"Sully" August 20, 2013 at 9:03 pm

CSI: Miami should have been renewed. Profit isn’t everything! Fans consist of the older generation as well and there really isn’t a great deal left that is “fit” to watch. The show and the fans deserve a good close. No one should be left hanging without closure. It has been a part of the fans weekly life for a lot of years.

Wesley man August 19, 2013 at 4:34 pm

please don’t cancel the show. I watch CSI Miami religiously.I have already watched all of the first ten seasons and season 10 was so exciting. I was so looking forward to season 11. Please don’t cancel season 11

marenna August 18, 2013 at 1:07 am

BRING IT BACK…..THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV DON’T KILL THE VIBE

csimiamilover August 17, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I LOVE CSI MIAMI IM OBSESSED WITH IT PLEASE DONT END IT I LOVE THE CAST AND WHENEVER I TURN ON THE TV AND CSI MIAMI IS ON, I JUST FEEL SO HAPPY. FOUND OUT ITS ON NETFLIX SO I WATCH LIKE 4 EPISODES PER DAY I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO WATCH THEM OVER AND OVER, ITS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW. NOBODY WATCHES CSI NY CAUSE THE CAST IS NOT REALLY GOOD AT ACTING. PLEASE SAVE CSI MIAMI PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLAESE DAVID CARUSO EMILY PROCTER ADAM RODRIGUEZ JON TOGO EVA LA RUE REX LINN OMG JUST THINKING THAT THEY CANCELLED IT MAKES ME FEEL SO SAD :(

z.a.p August 12, 2013 at 9:22 am

bring miami back…..please…

Joyce Assad August 4, 2013 at 7:48 pm

It has to continue!!
at least solve the rest of the crimes that arent solve yet and then do a heretic exit!!
to end it now is not at ALLL professional!!

Katelyn King August 1, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Why would you end it right when its getting so interesting, calliegh is about to adopt kids, i mean we all want to know how thats gonna end, and if her and eric will hook up or if she’ll marry and have children. Please keep the show going or if you really want to end it, end it where theres really nothing more that can happen. For example everyones married, or their all happy and calleigh has settled down with somebody or something like that. Dont do this to your fans follow through with the show and end it good, dont maje us curious at whats going to happen.

Anonymous July 27, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Keep Miami!!!!

Ashely Dillon July 12, 2013 at 2:36 am

CSI Miami is the only one I will watch and I think it should countiue I am very very upset

Anonymous July 12, 2013 at 1:36 am

Please bring Miami back !! I need more , I’ve seen all of the epsiodes !! My fav Miami !!

Anonymous July 11, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Cancel the original keep csi Miami and ny

marco July 7, 2013 at 10:26 am

mi dispiace tantissimo che sia terminata speriamo che ci ripensano

Donna Cox July 3, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Csi Miami is the only one I will watch. I do not care how much it costs to produce the other piece of crap. I will not watch it because the writer and comes up short on everything. This show is way up there with the original NCIS! The Spin- off actually sucks. I haven’t even watched it even to remember the name of it. There’s more picture snapping than show on the stupid thing. Any way Csi was tossed was tossed in the trash by me years ago years ago when the Cast was not plotted correctly. Soaps are not welcome on a crime show! Turning our favorite Stars into theirs and gamblers is a no go! Affairs with fathers and daughters? Really, if you could name it, it happened on this show. Then you give us a true cop with all the right moves and attude. A team as close as a family can be, and you want to take that away? That really is not fair. Lose the awful CSI and let us keep the best one! Thanks a bunch, Donnalou

abii July 1, 2013 at 2:33 am

SEASON 11 NEEDS TO COMEE!