CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Ica March 23, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Same here. MIAMI is the only CSI show which I can really enjoy than the other two. H and his team is the best to me!

Marley March 16, 2014 at 8:06 pm

BRING BACK CSI MIAMI… THIS IS THE BEST ONE OUT OF ALL OF THEM HORATIO I MISS YIU….

Christian March 16, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Ohh…plz CBS bring back csi miami
I love this show so much…there is a lot of moments where
we feel reality in it….family friendship…human errror
its amazing you made us love it soo much
and now you are robbing us that love
there is a lot to be answered
the Esteban crimes the Vogel mysteries and corruption
the relationship between Sci Duquene and Delquo
wolf and boa Vista
maybe another woman to Horatio Caine….
plz BRING IT BACK…..YEAHHHHH

Cojema March 16, 2014 at 12:32 am

I love CSI Miami!! I want it back!!!!!!!

Juby March 14, 2014 at 12:20 am

Csi Miami is the only real csi out there no other csi can match that or beat it. It’s time to listen to the viewers CBS and continue the show!!!!!!!!!!

Macy March 13, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Bring CSI Miami back. Best Show EVER!

...... March 12, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Csi Miami has to come back!

Annmarie March 11, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Very upset. I LOVE CSI MIAMI is the best csi forensics out there ! IT SHOULDN’T BE CANCELED!!!

anonymous March 9, 2014 at 11:48 am

Very dissapointing. Considering that this is the only CSI that I have continued to watch for the past years. I gave up on the other 2. H and his team is the best.

Marinus March 7, 2014 at 9:30 am

I am really disappointed that it came to this. CSI Miami is the best CSI by far. I really can not understand that the CBS could make such a statement. Something tells me, those statistics are doctored

For all I care all the other CSI’s can be cancelled. Then there will be enough money for everything?

robin March 4, 2014 at 1:23 am

Please bring csi miami back it was the best show ever it is better than the other csi I miss the team of csi miami cbs please reconsider bringing it back out please for the viewers

Anonymous February 28, 2014 at 12:34 am

I don’t know how correct their statics are but csi miami is the best out of all the others. persons are waitng for it to go on, and no!!! we do not want to watch episodes we have watched before!!! I think its the worst mistake cbs could have made. How about giving another channel the csi miami contract so that we can go continue to enjoy ourselves because the others put people to sleep.

Anonymous February 27, 2014 at 6:05 pm

CSI: Miami has been one of the best shows I have ever seen. I can’t believe they are cancelled it. ;(

ze mathos February 18, 2014 at 7:44 am

Csi miami is sooo damn good! Cancel New York, it too dismal. Csi Miami has flare, has characters you relate with, come on man bring back Miami!!!!

Anonymous February 17, 2014 at 10:32 am