CSI: NY: CBS TV Show Renewed for Season Eight

CSI: NY renewed season eightFans of CSI: New York can rest easy. The Friday night series was looking like it might be cancelled but has now been renewed for an eighth season.

Starring Gary Sinise, CSI: NY investigations follows the investigations of a team of forensic scientists and police officers in the Big Apple. It began in the fall of 2004 and currently co-stars AJ Buckley, Anna Belknap, Carmine Giovinazzo, Eddie Cahill, Hill Harper, Robert Joy, and Sela Ward.

CBS moved CSI: NY to Friday nights this season, leading many to believe that it was on its way out. The ratings have declined over the years and naturally took a big hit when it was moved. Still, the show has performed better than most other shows of the night and currently averages a 1.8 in the 18-49 demographic and more than 10 million viewers.

According to Deadline, the decision to renew came right down to the wire. Contributing factors that pushed it over the edge include the fact that the show has a profitable syndication deal and also does quite well in international sales.

Though the TV series will be back for an eighth season, it’s not decided how many episodes will be ordered. Unlike the others, it may end up being a 13 episodes season.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that CSI: NY will return for season eight?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our CBS cancel/renew page.

bellj May 23, 2013 at 4:10 pm

They already took off CSI Miami, am so so happy that CSI NY is returning, can’t wait for its return!!!

Carolyn Singletary May 19, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I am very happy that CSI New York is coming back and not being cancelled. I love this show and Gary Sinese

admin May 19, 2013 at 8:41 pm

It has been cancelled. You are commenting on an old post.

Donna May 15, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I am thrilled! I love CSI NY and all the actors and characters they play! I hope it stays on.
Friday may not be a great time slot, not fair to judge not everyone has a night life!!!! I always happen to be home on Fridays and love watching this and Blue Bloods. Also watch reruns!

barb Short May 13, 2013 at 10:37 am

I LOVE NY CSI , GREAT FRIDAY 1st NY CSI , then BlueBloods . Cancel stupid reality shows instead .

eline May 12, 2013 at 8:29 pm

you always cancelled all goods one. I don’t watch CBS any more like i did you cancelled all the goods one and keep all the one i don’t like i find other show on sunday i watch the one come at 10:00 p.m to 11:00 p.m.. on monday i watch 10:00 p.m.to 11:00 p.m. on tuesday 8:00 to 11:00 on wed. 9:00 to 11:00p.m. on thur i don’t watch at all. firday i watch 9:00 to 11:00pm i don’t watch it on sat. at all.

sandra May 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

I was thrilled to learn that CSI New York was returning because it just ended like that was it. I hate that CSI Miami was cancelled I love my CSI show

Anonymous May 6, 2013 at 12:56 am

I’ve missed CSI NY, not the same on Friday nights. Love the show.

Louise May 3, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I think it is wonderful. I was angry that they might take it off. It is the only desent show on friday nights other than blue bloods to take it off in my opinion would be a crime.

Hilda May 1, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I am so happy it’s coming back, I really missed it!

Socorro Horvath May 1, 2013 at 1:32 am

I almost went into depression or heart attack. CSI NY is one of the reasons I would stay home or tape so I wouldn’t miss any of the episodes. I think it’s tastefully done, very caring, and professional all the charcters are caring, sensitive, and make every victum feel cared for and accountable with class. I would keep voting for it on the top 10 shows.

Rebecca Kellams April 30, 2013 at 6:20 am

Love CSINY. The cast is terrific . Adam is one of my favorites. Miss Stella. But love
Jo. Please continue to keep it on. There is plenty
To take off. Trust me.

Jim & Vicki Peterson April 27, 2013 at 1:08 pm

What happened to our favorite show….keeps bouncing around! We love the characters…don’t mess with a great show!

Laura Priest April 27, 2013 at 9:58 am

I almost had a heart attack. CSI:New York is one of the only shows that I watch. I love this show and so do a lot of my friends. Can’t wait to see it again.

janet April 26, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I’m glad to hear CSI:New York is coming back, I’ve missed it on Friday nights.

R Owens April 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm

It is one of the best shows on TV right now one of the best parts about Fri night. I don’t go out on tues or fri and I’m home by ten on Mon. because of your shows. Keep it up.