CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Hazel May 6, 2012 at 9:49 am

Don’t cancel CSI New York or CSI Miami.I love both shows. Love all the characters.

Anonymous May 6, 2012 at 9:43 am

Leave CSI New York and CSI Miami on. They are my favorite shows. Who cares if they have been on for a long time.

sharp May 6, 2012 at 6:39 am

Cancel Maimi, keep NY!! its the best of the series! hey people watch CSI’NY on CBS maybe we can get the ratings up!

lesleywright May 5, 2012 at 6:11 am

Is there an update yet whether NY has had it’s contract renewed for another season? There is no doubt that this is the best of the CSI shows, if any should be cancelled now it should be the original CSI, it’s a shadow of it’s former self and a big disappointment.

admin May 5, 2012 at 10:06 am

lesleywright ยป Not yet.

Claudia Gentile May 1, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Gary Sinise is such an example of what a person of integrity and honesty should be on and off the screen. Plese don’t cancel CSI NY because it is so well written and acted and it also gives you a breath of fresh air and faith in man. Thank You

Lori April 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I really hope this show does not get cancelled! I enjoy the story lines and the characters. The writers really know how to tell a story. You can tell the actors take great pride in their work. The show does not have to rely on sex and violence to entertain which a lot of shows now a days depend on to draw ratings. This show has class. Please do not cancel CSI New York!!!

Betty Strutton April 27, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I hope you don’t cancel CSI New York and CSI Miami. I am sick because CBS is thinking about taking them off.

Jamie April 24, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I love this show and would hate to see it leave. I think it has been so much better these last two years.

Francesca April 20, 2012 at 10:53 pm

DROP AND CANCEL CSI: MIAMI BUT KEEP CSI: NY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff April 20, 2012 at 10:52 pm

CSI:NY desserves to have another season. CANCEL CSI: MIAMI, BUT LEAVE CSI: NY!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Kelly April 20, 2012 at 10:49 pm

CSI: NY is a necessity for me! I need the show! IT BETTER NOT BE CANCELED!!!! OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY!!!!!

Heidi April 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm

CSI: NY has gotten better and better every season. At least that’s what I think. The show deserves more than 10 million viewers. THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!!!! The episodes are two good to stop.

Carson April 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I Live For CSI: NY!!! I will be deeply saddened if CSI: NY will end for good.
I need my CSI: NY! Gary Sinise is my favorite all time actor. CSI NY is the reason why I love Fridays every week.

Allison April 20, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I love CSI NY! It’s my life!!!!!
Please! Another season!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn April 9, 2012 at 3:16 pm

CSI NY should be renewed I love the show keep CSI NY and cancel CSI MIAMI CSI NY should be renewed