CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Betty Anderson May 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I love CSI New York and also CSI Miami. Please do not cancel these shows. My little granddaughter loves them too. Please let them continue.

RUTH May 16, 2012 at 10:39 am

Please don’t cancel CSI NY, I love it and I watch it every Friday, I love all the cat members from Mac to Jo, there are so little GOOD shows to pick from theses days that we NEED CSI NY.

Bob Bottomley May 13, 2012 at 5:52 am

CSI NY is too well written and has a great cast to be dropped. Too many of us do not like reality tv. Our option will be to turn off the tv and read a book. Keep some good shows around

Debbie Stertz May 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Please don’t cancel the show. My husband and i have made it a part of
our weekly date night.

Anonymous May 12, 2012 at 11:16 am

Great show CSINY please go not cancel

elizabeth crannage May 12, 2012 at 2:37 am

this is the best show on tv-gary sinise is the foremost actor; I’m in heaven because you got rid of stella ,who would flick her medusa-like hair in mac’s face,everytime he had a line.please give us another year.please.there are 200 lesser shows than this one.

Michelle May 11, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I love CSI New York!!! I think i would stop watching t.v. on Fridays if that show was cancelled. Please don’t cancel CSI New York.

PLEASE KEEP CSI NEW YORK!!!!!!

Bonnie May 11, 2012 at 9:22 pm

We watch 4 shows a week and this is our favorite. Please do not cancel CSI New York, take Miami off instead, it’s not near as good as this show and is so phony from the storyline to the acting.

Megan May 11, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Please don’t cancel CSI NY!!! It’s the only show on TV that I wait to come on and when it’s a rerun, I watch that as well as collecting all the DVDs!!!

Grindle Isaac May 11, 2012 at 7:39 pm

CSI NY is the one CSI which should stay on the air. The stories are more realistic and well acted by an excellent cast. Gary Senise is fantastic!

Joyce Cain May 11, 2012 at 6:58 pm

You have so much garbage on TV, I think it is a shame to lose a good one. I see these shows, and I think that if there had been something like this on when I was a kid, it may have helped me do something diffferent in my life.

Sandy Darling May 11, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Keep this show on and get rid of some of the stupid other shows you have.

Mary Bearden May 10, 2012 at 11:06 am

Please keep CSI: NY on! This is the best! It makes Fridays great!

Mary Bearden May 10, 2012 at 11:04 am

I really enjoy CSI: New York. The technology and things I learn about personal safety are awesome. PLEASE I beg and plead with you to keep it on. You still have a lot to share with Mac and his new love, Lindsay and Danny’s life,Jo and her daughter. Also, as an educator-the awesome things that science can see due to the autopy in the way you do them. You get children interested in science,math , reading,etc. Please keep it around. This is the best CSI on television!

April Cast May 7, 2012 at 7:18 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL IT!!!!! My family and I watch it every week.