CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

daniel metchnek January 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm

i love to see if you can bring back csi ny because it is good show for it i only get 1-6 season on csi ny so please bring back ok. the show is wonderful and great show

MARIE December 28, 2012 at 8:27 pm

DEAR CSINY

I THINK CSINY IS BEING CANCELLED BECAUSE THEY BROUGHT IN MEGAN DOB BS AS A LOVE INTEREST AND PERSONALLY THE FANS DONT LIKE HER AND I ALSO THINK THAT SELA WARD IS THE BEST THING FOR CSINY AND SHE SHOULD END UP WITH GARY SINESE ON FEBRUAR22ND 2013. I THINK THAT NATALIE MARTINEZ AND EDDIE CAHILL SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND PRESONALLY DANNY AND LINDSEY WAS ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE FOR CSINY. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS HIRING MELINA BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT MAC AND STELLA LOOKED GREAT TOGETHER. THE WORST MISTAKE WILL BE IF PEYTON AND MAC DONT FINALLY END UP TOGETHER ON CSINY. THE WORST SEASON FINALE FOR SEASON9 WILL BE MAC MARRYING THE WORST LOVE INTEREST ON CSINY.

caren schnittker December 22, 2012 at 12:37 am

I love CSI ny I don’t care for maimi or vegas but I do like ny please reconsider cancelling it I really miss watching it

gail December 19, 2012 at 3:31 pm

PLEASE do nt cancel CSI NY. I love that show it is the best show on tv. I love danny Messer. If CBS cancels CSI NY they will lose alot of money.Alot of people will be very disapointed.

Jean Heitz December 18, 2012 at 7:54 am

CSI N.Y. is one of the best shows on TV and to cancel it would be business suicide for CBS!! Think twice before doing this! This show has a lot of fans and Gary Senise is great . Only one thing they need to do is turn down the volume on the music while actors are talking!! Otherwise it is one of the few I watch anymore!

Jean Heitz December 18, 2012 at 7:48 am

If CBS takes off CSI New York they are the stupidest network on TV!! I won’t watch that network ever again unless they wise up and show programs that people like instead of this garbage that has started to show up on all channels. Is CBS going to start showing the dumb stuff like ABC does!! Give decent people a break and keep good shows on the air or your sponsors will drop you!!!!! You all are letting the government tell you what to air and that will be the death of decent TV viewing!!

MARIE December 8, 2012 at 1:26 am

keep csiny on the air just fire or kill of megan dobbs

kimmie November 15, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I LOVE CSI NY AND I HOPE THEY MAKE IT TO A SEASON 10 BUT THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET RID OF THE CHARACTER CHRISTINE AND CONCENTRATE ON CRIME SOLVING

maria November 10, 2012 at 3:00 am

dear stupiod csiny writers i felt sela ward is the best thing to happen to csiny and the worst thing is megan dobbs who us the worst guirkfrued nac gas ever had. i REALLY THINK THAT PEYTON IS THE RIGHT WOMAN FOR GFARY SINESE AND MEGAN DOBBS LOOKS MORE LIKE GARYS MUCH OLDER SISTER AND I THIK MAC AND JOSMAKE A BETER COUPLE

MARIE October 28, 2012 at 9:58 pm

DEAR CBS

I THINK THAT CSINY SHOULD BE CANCEL FOR SEASON9 NOT BECAUSE OF POOR RATING BUT BECAUSE THE WRITERS HAVE HAD STUPID STORYLINES NOT LIKE THE ONES ON CSIMIAMI. I THINK CSIMIAM IS BETTER THEN CSI OR CSINY. I ALSO FEEL ADDING MEGAND DOBBS TO SEASON8 AND9 MADE ME WUIT WATCHING CSINY. I THINK THE NEXT SHOW TO GO IS VEGAS BUT IF NOT MENTALIST.

pat tinnell October 21, 2012 at 7:35 pm

please don,t take off csi new york love this show

Maria Saints October 6, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Please do not cancel CSI:NY. It’s one of my favorite TV shows and there aren’t so many shows that Icare to watch nowadays.
Thanks!

pat October 24, 2012 at 10:19 am

The music that drowns out the dialogue and causes the actors to not talk is soooo distracting I will not watch this CSI again the music in all scenes is unneeded nor appreciated are the writers so unsure of what they have written that they need to cover it up with LOUD music?

Jean Heitz December 18, 2012 at 7:51 am

AMEN to that one!!!

Sharon September 9, 2012 at 8:57 am

Please keep the CSIs. I agree with the others, too. I have always enjoyed all the CSIs. Grissom in the original CSI used to be my favorite character, and I have grown to be fond of the character, Mac Taylor, in CSI: NY. All actors have portrayed the characters well and made the shows enjoyable. I salute the writers, too. The reality shows won’t last. I, for one, have grown tired of them and do not watch any one of them any more. Like Mary, I also know that youngsters got more interested in science and maths from watching CSIs. There are too few good TV shows these days.

Mary Ann June 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I agree with everyone else, I hate reality shows, thy interupt shows that should be coming on and they don’t show all of the show that should be on and I’m one of those sr. citizens that don’t like change and as I said reality shows that are so stupid.

Jill May 29, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I love CSINY, so glad it will be on another season.