CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Bernadette Beauvais March 1, 2013 at 1:38 am

Please don’t cancel CSINY!!! I love it! I never miss an episode and even watch the reruns! I love Mac and Jo, and can’t wait for the next season!
I’m really looking forward to seeing Mac and Christine getting married…
It’s the best show on television !!!!
CSINY and Blue Bloods is a great combo on Friday nights.
Please let there be a 10th season

helen February 26, 2013 at 10:10 am

I hope CSI NY continues to air in Fall 2013. I have enjoyed it all these years and when you get invested in a show and they take it away it is like loosing a friend. I love the character and it is always a good quality watch. I would like to know about it’s future.

Chloe goold February 23, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Don’t cancel csi newyork because I don’t no what I would do without it I watch it everyday and I love it so much expecially the characters are amazing and expecially lindsay and danny xx

Sue Watts February 23, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I agree with the guy that said too many interruptions!! This and Blue Bloods are my favorite shows on Friday night. The whole cast is good and you get involved with them. Of course, they keep the silliest shows on. This is why cable is growing so much (except for the reality shows which are showing our dumbing down!) Keep Gary Sinise on!!

Liz Thomas February 23, 2013 at 4:22 pm

NO..Do not cancel Ilove this show..Liz

RICHARD TENDY February 23, 2013 at 1:00 pm

JUST MAYBE, IF CBS WOULD STOP RUNNING THE LAME SPECIALS AND AWARD SHOWS WHICH INTERRUPT THE CONTINUITY OF ALL THE REGULAR SERIES, JUST MAYBE THE VIEWERS COULD FOLLOW THEIR FAVORITES. WHAT IS THE JUSTIFICATION FOR LEAVING MARGINAL SHOWS LIKE TWO BROKE GIRLS, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, AND MIKE AND MOLLY ON WHILE THREATENING TO CANCEL CSI NEW YORK AND THE GOOD WIFE? 18 TO 49 YEAR OLDS DO NOT COMPRISE YOUR ENTIRE VIEWING AUDIENCE. 10 MILLION VIEWERS ARE NOT ENOUGH TO MAINTAIN A SERIES??? WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

Natalie February 23, 2013 at 12:17 am

CSI NY is one of my favorite shows, put it on During the week! People do not watch as much TV on Fridays, causing ratings to drop! Try after CSI! Or before! A night if CSI and Criminal Minds, wow that’s TV! Or Thursdays with Person of Interest! Move Elemetary to Fridays. CSI NY and NCIS ARE MY favorites!

Jacquelyn L Harrie February 22, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Please bring back one of the best CSI show ever. Thank you

Jacquelyn L Harrie February 22, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I love CSI New York never missed a show. Out of all the CSI show NY was the best one. You should have moved it in the firsst place. You don’t mess with a good thing, I hope you bring it back.

DIANA February 22, 2013 at 1:21 pm

ALSO LET MAC GET MARRIED AND LYNDSEY HAVE HER BABY . MORE FAMILY TIME TOGETHER.

DIANA February 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm

KEEP IT ON, YOU HAVE ALREADY CANCELLED CSI MIAMI

JANICE nEWKIRK February 20, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I would like for everyone on the show to have a nice ending. I think you should renew it for at least one more year and go out with a big bang for everyone.

Nancy McPherson February 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

To add, I really think it is time for the original CSI to go. I mean none of them have relationships we really see. So many characters have gone over the years. Sara is the only one who came back and is married to Grissom but that is the weirdest marriage I have ever seen. You only hear his voice once or twice. Some marriage. I think it is time for it to go bye bye. Bring back Cold Case. That was a real downer when that was cancelled out of the blue.

Nancy McPherson February 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I would love to see one more season where Lindsay has her baby. I would love to see Mac and his new lady get married and possibly have a baby too. I also think Don should finally get to keep his relationship going and growing with the newest member of the team. They look great together especially since Emmanuelle Vaugier was killed. It should end with all of them happy and show scenes from their futures with their respective spouses and grandkids. That would be perfect.

Lorene February 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I really enjoy CSI new York. If its going to end please ensure you come up with a great ending. So sd to see the show go :(