CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,114 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. lucia v. strail says

This is one of my husband and I favorite all time shows,Gary Sinead is great and he keeps us awake for Blue Bloods. Please Do Not Cancell!

2. kiathleen gisclair says

please dont take off csi ny i love that show i watch the tapes over and over again i wait for friday nights so i can watch u cant leave us like that take them other shows off older people likes to see shows like they dont like them reality shows so please keep it going thanks

3. karin says

This is a great show – so disappointing when its not on. Instead there is so much other vampire, so-called reality shows, and junk on. Please keep this show – keep it on a consistent night so we know when to expect it – and get rid of the other junk!

4. Michelle Resilard says

My mom and I are huge fans of all the CSI’s. I also miss CSI Miami so much. It’s one of my favorite CSI’s. Please save CSI New York, don’t let it be canceled. I would like for it to be on for two more seasons. I think CBS should repeat the CSI NY episode late at night just like TNT and all the other networks, so that the show, so that more viewers could have easy access to watch it.

5. Desiree says

I really think CBS, should start looking at the older generation and what they like to watch. I am so sick and tired of these stupid reality shows. I like a show with plots and CSI New York have great ones! I was disturbed when it was put to Fridays, cause everyone knows that no one stays home on a Friday Night! That is always a big planned outing, going into the weekend. I hate them trying to judge by ratings only, look outside the box for once and see also age groups, time slots where these shows would most benefit them! Then there ratings would be there!

6. nelle says

We enjoy this show and actors and look forward to watching it every week.It is one of the less promiscious shows which everyone seems to enjoy.Leave it alone and continue to run.

7. says

I watch the show every Friday and enjoy every onoe of them. I do not think it is the worst I could name four or five shows that should not have air time “Swamp People” who is thier right mind would write a series about that; thn Duck Dynasty please I do have a brain but I enjoyu CSI it makes me think andi try to guess who is the bad guy ….not to successfully but I do try. It may not have many followers but i think 10 million per show and it does get better. Please take one of your useless Reality shows off and leave this where it belongs

8. Elaine says

I CSI New York it is best show on TV to watch I looking forward to watching it on Friday, when I,m off from work if I can,t watch it then I record it on my DVR to keep up with the show and how everyone is doing on the show, so please let it stay on the air as long as you can. I LOVE THE CAST AND WHAT HAPPEN TO THEM ON THE SHOW SO PLEASE KEEP IT ONNNNNNNN!!!!!! Thank you.

9. says

Please bring CSI New York back on the air. It was one of the few programs I really enjoyed. I love the cast and do miss seeing Gary Sinise on TV, Get rid of some of the reality and keep the good crime shows on. If you have to get rid of any get rid of CSI Vegas It sucks since you took off Gary Petersen

10. says

I love Gary Sinise and CSI NY. Please do not cancel this show. It is the best CSI show on TV. I look forward to this show every Friday and I have noticed they put the show Vegas in CSI time slot. Why would they cancel such a popular show. Sela Ward was a reat addition to the show. I used to see here in the gym in West Hollywood and I love her acting. Get rid of CSI Las Vegas since they took Gary Peterson off I stopped watching it. Please Please make some new episodes

11. Marilyn says

Please keep this on. Move it to Saturday night – there is nothing worth watching-it would be great to see it then!!!!!!!

12. pat green says

Please, please don’t cancel CSI,NY….It’s truly a very good show, with great acting all around. I hate the Friday night time slot….but I would truly hate to see it go altogether.

13. charlotte johnson says

Please , PLEASE , PLEASE NOT CANCEL C S I NEW YORK ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW ! : ) + + +