CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

GRACIE BEE April 17, 2013 at 10:52 am

I’m in my 70’s and have watched all the csi’s since their inception and N.Y, was always one of the best. I would greatly miss Mac and the rest of the cast if the show is not renewed.

Mike April 16, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Please don’t cancel CSI NY try another night if ratings are bad but don’t cancel it.

Bernie J April 16, 2013 at 3:05 pm

We love the show CSI NY and Golden Boy. Two great shows. Not everybody is over 18 and under 49. Stick reality shows.

BRENDA BRADEN April 16, 2013 at 12:09 am

Anonymous April 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm

please, please, please do not cancel CSI NEW YORK. Gary Senise is my absolute
favorite actor and all the series are great, I am 68 years old & watched it every week.
Undercover Boss & Vegas are both awful. The only great show on Friday night is BLUBLOOD & have to wait ’til 9:00 to watch it.

keri April 15, 2013 at 11:22 am

Dont take it off now. They still have a few more in them i know it. CSI NY & Miami were the best ones by far

keri April 15, 2013 at 11:18 am

they didnt even have a big finish for the end. they did the same with CSI Miami…. whats up with that. give us a good bye

mary hanson April 14, 2013 at 9:46 am

please don’t cancel csi ny I love this show I especially like the ones that had a little historical business going on like the ones with the subway or the high rise apartment that had been closed off for years stay on csi ny

sam April 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Replacing one of the best shows,with one of the best casts with
a dog show like Vegas with stories that make you puck!!!
I wonder who makes
these decisions??????????????

paulette ferguson April 13, 2013 at 6:28 pm

please do not cancel csi ny there are a few other shows that should be canceled and haven’t I love the cast of the show

Norma Bomberger April 13, 2013 at 4:25 pm

CSI NY is certainly one of the better CSI shows. It has better quality actors and scripts. The hope is that it will last another one or two years. The cast has remained steady, but new talent has been brought on in the last two years that has proven to make the series even better. Don’t get rid of it yet.

Susan April 13, 2013 at 11:19 am

NO NO NO NO They cannot cancel the CSI shows. They already took Miami off and I liked it above the others. Now I do not want to lose the last two of the CSI shows. CSI Las Vegas is getting its groove back on with the new cast members. And I love Gary Sinse in CSI New York. Please do not take my shows away. I do not watch many shows on TV anymore because they are just putting to much crap on the air now and the CSI shows are the few left that I watch. Guess I will have to find something else to do instead of watching TV. Sheesh i do not believe this.

Karen Milano April 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I also wish to add that my husband and I, 65 and 60 years old respectively feel that you need to look at a differant market…not evreyone falls between the 19 and 49 year mark…/Gary Sinise is a wonder in his role as Mack..he would deeply missed on Fri nite.

Karen Milano April 12, 2013 at 7:13 pm

NONONO!! Do not cancel CSI NY..it is one of the best shows to.

Deb April 12, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Please ,Please, Please Do not cancel CSI New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a good suspence show.