CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,114 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Please don’t cancel CSI NY it’s a very good program or maybe it could be picked up by a cable station network like they did with the series Southland. Please continue with it and I agree with everyone else cancel those dump a#### reality programs on CBS.

2. bruce says

I am 60+, and stay home on Friday night’s. I loved watching CSI:NY and then Blue Bloods. I have seen every episode of NY. Please don’t cancel it. Do as everyone else has suggested: get ride of all the stupid, dumb*ss reality shows that have nothing to do with real life and cater to the brainless, non-thinking menions.

3. Peggie Gibeau says

I don’t think CSI: New Yok should be cancelled. Drop some of the stupid reality shows, but this is definitely a good program. My husband and I faithfully watched it on Friday nights, as part of our wind down to the week.

4. KAREN says

Please do not cancel one of my favorite shows, CSI NY. I love this show and all the characters. I watched CSI Miami and was upset it was not given the right ending. Please, get rid of these darn reality shows. Some of them are so absurd yet you decide to cancel one of my favorite shows. Please CBS do the right thing, keep CSI NY on. And I also watch CSI Las Vegas and have watched from the beginning, along with CSI NY.

5. Robin Kaye says

This is unbelievable. There is so much CRAP on TV – like all these stupid reality shows – and they consider canceling one of the few good shows that are still on. When will the networks get the message that they don’t need to aim ALL of their shows at brainless 18 year olds and that theirs is the only opinion that matters. I am 50+ and I thoroughly enjoy a mentally challenging TV drama and I don’t waste my time watching stupid reality shows. Leave the good shows on and get rid of the brainless series aimed at brainless audiences.

6. says

Both my husband and I have watched all of the CSI shows. First they cancelled CSI Miami and I was totally bummed. Now they cancel CSI New York, what the hey. So what if they run more than nine years. They are good shows. Will they ever bring them back. I love people who played on csi miami, and I most certainly love the cast of csi new york. Wish they would bring them back, and I certainly hope they don’t cancel csi las vegas. It finally got good again with Ted Danson.

7. sandy says

why was csi new york cancelled i love it/ its a whole lot beter then what you got takeing its plac/ they are both good showse/ elemertery sucks. cbs needs to bring back csi newyork/ & csi miama they are both good shows/ better then what you have to replace them

8. rocky says

hi there no you should not talk csi new york off because a lot likes the show very much like csi miami they like that show to they were very good