CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Jo-Ann Smadella May 8, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Please do not cancel CSI New York. I don’t understand why the network moved it to Fridays they should put it on Mondays or Tuesdays or Wednesday’s. I love all the CSI’S.
I miss CSI Miami. Please bring it back.

Brenda May 7, 2013 at 2:48 am

if a CSI must be cancelled then please make it the Miami one, I love watching NY and LV CSI’s and those are the ones that if i miss a night i’ll watch from Demand. Both shows are great from plots to actors. Please don’t cancel it yet.

mary May 6, 2013 at 2:34 am

i love all the CSI show, i miss Miami one and if they take csi las vegas, new york, then all we will have to watch is ncis, ncis la, all this other crap on tv is junk. why not take off 2 1/2 men, reality junk, etc. go back to making good movies for families to watch.

Donna May 5, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I love CSI NY & CSI. Keep them on

Caren May 5, 2013 at 3:45 am

Ilove this show if your going to cancell one I hate Miami and vegas is not as good anymore

Anonymous May 5, 2013 at 1:26 am

cbs will be making a bad decision if they cancel csi ny

Jeanna May 4, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I have to agree that reality shows, golden boys and Las Vegas are horrible shows. CSI:NY is the best show to watch. I love that show. Please come back!!

Sandy Soltis May 4, 2013 at 10:29 am

I absolutely love CSI NY and Blue Bloods. Get rid of Vegas and Golden boy. They are both horrible and have no right being on TV. Also get rid of all the reality shows and put some good TV like CSI NY and Blue Bloods on at a good time. Stop shoving crap down our throats.

Kit May 3, 2013 at 9:38 pm

CSI New York and Blue Bloods on Friday nights was a good combination.
I miss this line up and do not watch VEGAS!

CSI is a good show and the addition os Sela Ward made it even better.

If one has to be cancelled then let it be CSI Criminal Intent

Sherry May 3, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Please, please don’t cancel CSI NY

Mary W May 3, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Please please not CSI New York!!!!!!!

Yvonne May 2, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I love CSI NY. Please do not cancel it. It seems like now all we have is reality tv. I don’t like reality tv. I want you to keep the csi’s and esp csi ny

Sheila May 1, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I agree with Kathy. Although there is one reality show I do watch. I do not care for ANY of the others. I do however LOVE the CSI Shows. I miss Miami and New York. I hope you bring them back.

Earl Cornett May 1, 2013 at 1:45 pm

of the three csi shows I think csi new York was and hope still is the best of the three. all of the cast work great together as a team,. and it is better at solving cases better than the others. please don’t remove csi new york

Kathy May 1, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I love the CSI shows especially New York. Don’t cancel it. I wish they would bring back Miami. I don’t watch reality shows and never will.