CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

sue cole September 17, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I love the csi shows! ny csi being my favorite. Do not cancel csi ny! The reality shows are stupid. I wouldn’t waste my time watching them. I’d rather watch reruns of barney!

Clara Henderson September 13, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Hopefully CBS will have a change of heart and keep CSI New York alive. It is one of my favorite shows. There are so many shows that are mindless that CBS keeps renewing each year, but a good show, with good actors they choose to cancel. KEEP CSI NEW YORK!

steph September 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I cant believe the miami one was still on why when horatio has 3 poses and talks in script i think there are 2 decent actors on the show adam rodriguez and emily proctor they must have good contracts because it sure seems they needed to replace people that act better than david maube he set that in his contract. At least the others they all seems to be equal and i have watched them both since day 1 with break when they brought the langston character on. But i must agree to many “reality shows” i may watch some on off season but i wait every season for my good crime dramas bones, csi , ncis&la criminal minds and just now catching up on castle i like they funny with some of the drama too i do wish sometimes the would just have good story lines and not have to put the characters at risk so much its about solving the mystery not trying to kill a character every week

Kim September 2, 2013 at 4:56 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL the csi. I love all the shows and the characters. I agree will everyone else we don’t need all these reality shows .

lisa v. August 28, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I have to wonder why these reality shows keep appearing and vid ny Only had 10 million loyal fans. I can’t believe the stats are so much higher. Please keep csi ny.

necy raquipiso August 9, 2013 at 2:41 pm

please do not cancel the csi ny tv series and the other csis. by the way when will all these reality shows going to end?

please do not cancel the csi ny tv series and the other csis. by the way, when will all these reality shows going to end?

carmela August 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Please do not cancel CSI NY it is one of the very good shows on TV. As a matter of fact it was upsetting that you cancelled CSI Miami as well.

Betty Stevens July 23, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Please do not cncel CSI new york , I agree with the person who is sick of talent and reality shows .Leave on the good shows

betty August 6, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Do not cancel this show,all the reality shows drive me crazy some of them are just plain STUPID

Kimberly Hayes July 22, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Irrespective of the low ratings I look forward to this show CBS nor TNT has anything as this forensic team

Donna Lindsey July 21, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Please CBS…….cancel one of your better shows so that there will be room of yet one more REALITY show!!! I am really sick of ‘reality’ or ‘talent’ shows, or some of those totally air-brained comedies.

Kathleen July 18, 2013 at 6:47 pm

CSI New York is my favorite it should not be cancelled. The show rocks

Elena July 11, 2013 at 6:46 pm

This cannot happen. I understand nothing last forever, but CSI NY should be the exception to the rule. I Love all three. Leave them alone please.

Navel piercing July 7, 2013 at 7:56 am

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your website offered us with useful info to work on. You’ve performed a formidable process and our entire community will probably be grateful to you.

http://jaxov.com/ June 23, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I’m extremely inspired along with your writing talents and also with the layout for your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one today..

Linda June 3, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I agree with all the comments. CSI NY is one of the best shows. Please DO NOT cancel.