CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,114 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. sue cole says

I love the csi shows! ny csi being my favorite. Do not cancel csi ny! The reality shows are stupid. I wouldn’t waste my time watching them. I’d rather watch reruns of barney!

2. Clara Henderson says

Hopefully CBS will have a change of heart and keep CSI New York alive. It is one of my favorite shows. There are so many shows that are mindless that CBS keeps renewing each year, but a good show, with good actors they choose to cancel. KEEP CSI NEW YORK!

3. steph says

I cant believe the miami one was still on why when horatio has 3 poses and talks in script i think there are 2 decent actors on the show adam rodriguez and emily proctor they must have good contracts because it sure seems they needed to replace people that act better than david maube he set that in his contract. At least the others they all seems to be equal and i have watched them both since day 1 with break when they brought the langston character on. But i must agree to many “reality shows” i may watch some on off season but i wait every season for my good crime dramas bones, csi , ncis&la criminal minds and just now catching up on castle i like they funny with some of the drama too i do wish sometimes the would just have good story lines and not have to put the characters at risk so much its about solving the mystery not trying to kill a character every week

4. Kim says

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL the csi. I love all the shows and the characters. I agree will everyone else we don’t need all these reality shows .

5. lisa v. says

I have to wonder why these reality shows keep appearing and vid ny Only had 10 million loyal fans. I can’t believe the stats are so much higher. Please keep csi ny.

6. says

please do not cancel the csi ny tv series and the other csis. by the way when will all these reality shows going to end?

please do not cancel the csi ny tv series and the other csis. by the way, when will all these reality shows going to end?

7. carmela says

Please do not cancel CSI NY it is one of the very good shows on TV. As a matter of fact it was upsetting that you cancelled CSI Miami as well.

8. Kimberly Hayes says

Irrespective of the low ratings I look forward to this show CBS nor TNT has anything as this forensic team

9. says

Please CBS…….cancel one of your better shows so that there will be room of yet one more REALITY show!!! I am really sick of ‘reality’ or ‘talent’ shows, or some of those totally air-brained comedies.

10. Elena says

This cannot happen. I understand nothing last forever, but CSI NY should be the exception to the rule. I Love all three. Leave them alone please.

11. says

We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with useful info to work on. You’ve performed a formidable process and our entire community will probably be grateful to you.

12. says

I’m extremely inspired along with your writing talents and also with the layout for your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one today..