CSI: NY: Has the CBS TV Series Been Cancelled?

CSI NY canceled?We’ve received several emails from readers who love CSI: NY and are worried that it’s been cancelled. Will the show ever return? The simple answer is, “Yes, it’s on hiatus until March 30th.” But, while the TV series hasn’t been canned yet, Gary Sinise and company could certainly be in their final season.

It’s no secret that the ratings have declined over the years and that’s probably one of the reasons that CBS moved it to a Friday night timeslot. It still brings in a respectable 10 million viewers each week but is one of the network’s worst performer in the prized 18-49 demographic, even when you adjust for the Friday timeslot. Year-to-year, the show is also down by 7% in the demo.

At the recent TCA press tour, CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler noted that, though she loves the CSI shows, “Nothing runs forever. How you handle it, the most important thing is how you respect your audience, how you respect your cast, and being incredibly sensitive to how you wrap up any show when it ends a successful run. But we are in those talking stages now (about how to end the CSIs).”

TV show supportIt’s unlikely that CBS will end all three CSI series this year but they could certainly drop one or two of them. Based on the ratings, the New York version would be first in line to be cancelled.

What do you think? Is this the last season of CSI: NY? Should the series be cancelled or renewed for one more season?

victoria November 21, 2013 at 2:07 am

why is it everything has to be about numbers , just because there is only 10 million people watching and not 11 million people watching does it mean the 10 million can’t continue to enjoy csi new York? If the 10 million people just quit watching CBS then the numbers really would matter, right ? Bring back csi New York and you will have 10 million happy viewers !!!

Krishna October 23, 2013 at 3:27 am

Please don’t cancel CSI NK my family love this show . Thanks for having great tv Tuesday,wed,friday

LisaG October 16, 2013 at 7:38 pm

This is my favorite show! PLEASE bring it back! In my opinion this is the strongest of the three CSI shows. I love love love Sela Ward and Gary Sinise.

Ed Cabrera October 16, 2013 at 8:06 am

PLEASE….at least, let me see the wedding of Mack and his new=found love! I have been waiting for all all summer long!!!!

sharon October 15, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I am with the others I love my CSI new York please bring it back I enjoy watching them solving the crime and the music that goes with it I love the actors/actress that is my favorite show thank you

Robert October 12, 2013 at 9:20 pm

At the time of that article you said CSI: NY would be cancelled first. But CSI: Miami was canned first. What happened?

admin October 13, 2013 at 8:10 am

If based on the ratings, NY would be first. They didn’t base their decision on ratings alone. As I recall, the NY cast was surprised they were renewed for another year.

Robert October 13, 2013 at 5:17 pm

But CSI: Miami’s already gone. As of last season.

admin October 13, 2013 at 5:19 pm

This article was written in February 2012. Miami was cancelled in May 2012. NY was cancelled in May 2013.

Kathryn Brookhouser October 9, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I have been a follower of the CSI Series since the beginning, and CSI NY is right up there with NCIS, the original CSI (Las Vegas). You have already dropped CSI Miami, I would hate to lose NY.

D.Grabowski October 8, 2013 at 12:26 am

I would like to see CSI NewYork back on the television and also CSI Miami. you can get rid of CSI Ido not like the stars you replaced it with TedDanson and Elizabeth do not know her last name, so now I will not watch that program. please put back CSI New York and CSI Miami

Lura Upchurch October 7, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I do not know who CBS is getting their ratings from. I have never answered a poll as to which shows I like. I love the CSI’s and I cannot stand “Reality” shows, and most of all on my list to go is, The Amazing Race! I want it to go away. I set my DVR for all my shows and what happens, The Good Wife & The Mentalist get moved because The Amazing Race runs over every week anywhere from 15 minutes up to the entire hour time slot. If they run over that should be their problem and the show should just be cut off when the next one is due to begin. The Good, mystery, crime solving shows get the boot & the trash stays on TV. How about you appeal to the 40 year old & up crowd! Leave the garbage for the kids. Show their stuff at 6 or 7pm and ours at the primetime 8 & 9pm.

M.P September 30, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Please bring back CSI Miami and CSI NY I love those shows. My sister was very upset when they took out CSI Miami without giving it a closing, I was very upset myself. They should bring it back and give it a proper closing. There is so much junk on tv these days but these shows are really good. Please re-consider and bring them back. Thank you.

alfonza lynn October 8, 2013 at 3:48 pm

why was csi miami canceled?

admin October 8, 2013 at 3:50 pm

The reason that almost all shows are cancelled — didn’t make enough money to justify producing more.

alfonza October 14, 2013 at 5:16 am

what happened to mike and molly.

admin October 14, 2013 at 6:28 am

Returns in November.

Diane Cuciak September 30, 2013 at 11:53 am

Can’t wait to see CSI NY again. Of all the CSI series, it is the best of all of them. Please bring it back. Don’t care as much this year for the original (with the new chief) but always loved CSI NY. Sincerely hope that it will come back!!

alfonza lynn September 26, 2013 at 6:24 pm

if you going cancel anything cancel big brother,survivor &the amazing race i’m really getting tried of them

alfonza lynn September 26, 2013 at 6:20 pm

why is csi:ny not on until march 30?

Don Steigelman September 26, 2013 at 9:49 am

Will CSI New York be on again for a new season? This is the 2013-2014 TV season now showing.

admin September 26, 2013 at 10:49 am

No, it was cancelled in May.

G.Jackson September 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Please don’t take CSI NY off and bring back CSI Miami. You could drop those nasty 1/2 sit-coms, I may have to cancel my cable if I run out of re-runs.