CSI: NY: Cancelled by CBS; No 10th Season

CSI: NY canceledTo little surprise, CBS has cancelled CSI: NY after nine seasons on the air. Unfortunately for fans of the series there won’t be a 10th year of Gary Sinise and company.

A. J. Buckley broke the news via Twitter and wrote, “Just found out #csiny has been cancelled :(.Thank you for the best 9 years with the best crew and cast. Sad day”

He followed that up with, “Really can’t belive it’s over. So bummed.”

The news doesn’t come as a big surprise as the venerable crime drama has been in danger of being cancelled for the past couple seasons. The costs of producing the show have risen over the years and the ratings have fallen.

This year’s ratings dropped to a 1.4 average rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.66 million viewers.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: NY won’t be back for the 2013-14 season?

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 6:50 am

Bring it out on DVD instead I need my csi fix !!!

jeff gabel May 11, 2013 at 12:27 am

I really hoped it would be picked up for 2014. It’s had it’s ups and downs, but is still a well produced show. Please CBS, reconsider your decision and bring it back. I saw the Lt. Dan band here in Pueblo, Colorado last May, great concert. Can’t help but wonder if the cancellation of CSI NY will hurt Gary and the band’s popularity. There are many cop shows on tv, but this one is bettet than some others that I won’t mention. I realize the bottom line is advertising and ratings, but with the economy the way it is, CBS just put many people out of a job. Negotiate and cime to an agreement and please renew this wonderful show. Thanks.

Cheryl Middendorf May 11, 2013 at 12:15 am

I love that show. I love Gary Sinise. They kept moving it around which I always think screws a program up. Look at the days gone by. Bonanza was always on the same night same time, Gunsmoke same. mASH same.I’m so disappointed. What a bummer.

Danny Gottlieb May 10, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I play drums in Gary’s band, and he announced it to a massive audience in Tampa tonight, as we played a concert to raise money to build a home for a wounded soldier. It was the first time we heard about it, and he handled with poise and humility. I think CBS is foolish, as he was the one actor out there promoting good causes AND the show. Gary’s do good deeds made the CSI NY show a partner , in a way , of these great causes. Instead of bailing I wish they had put their efforts into promoting the show,and developing better episodes, instead of sticking it on Friday night. They had a winner, could have kept it going, and chose to let it go. But..it was a great 9 years, and it allowed Gary the freedom to accomplish alot of good in the world. Maybe some smart network will allow him to stay visible, or maybe he’ll get back to movies. He’s a great actor. …Just watch Truman.

Anonymous May 10, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Goodbye CBS!

Kat May 10, 2013 at 10:23 pm

This is horrible news.there are only 2. Tv shows that I must watch. Hawaii 5-o and Csi NY. Guess now except for H5-0 we will be watching cable?

Chris May 10, 2013 at 9:58 pm

let me guess, CBS is going to replace it with another lame competition show.

Ally May 10, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Just goes to show how loyal CBS is to there viewers
Can’t believe it. ;( I don’t want to see it go wish they’d givin them one more season and say hey this is it season 10 give it a good ending but no they left them with half of the story’s untold.
Goodbye CBS!.!.!

Linda May 10, 2013 at 9:10 pm

One of the best shows on tv and also my favorite. Should have known it would be cancelled. Television is getting as bad as Walmart. As soon as you find something you like they quit handling it. Sorry to see the show go.

marji May 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm

this was one of the saddest moments; i know stuff gets cancelled all the time, but i thought this was one of the best written and acted shows on the air. they’ll probably replace it with another unwanted reality show

Angelica May 10, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I can’t believe CBS cancelled CSI NY, I loved that show so much and always waiting patiently for Friday to get here to watch. Now there’s nothing good on tv but my other shows like NCIS, Criminal Mind and CSI but watch CBS cancel those shows also. CBS needs to come up with better shows then the once it’s showing now there not any good. CBS you need to get you producers to come up with better shows cause once you cancel those I’ll stop watching your station and only watch the News

Nancy May 10, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I love CSI: NY and the complete cast. They are fine actors, there is great chemistry, the stories are well thought out and well done (not the usual formula garbage) and the stories espouse good old fashioned American values. They also feature musical talent thanks to Gary “Lt Dan Band” Senise who gives all the proceeds to veterans. It’s a class act all the way.

Jeremy Rynek May 10, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Right when I heard about the crossover. I swear every May, there is more bad news than good.

Anonymous May 10, 2013 at 10:18 pm

That’s the only show I really watched!

Sheri May 10, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I’m very sad to see them go, but glad they ended it with an episode that gives us an ending instead of with story lines hanging. I’ll miss this show. It’s one that went out while it was still good!

Kate May 10, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Absolutely gutted that it’s over, so many unanswered questions left behind, gutted is not the word. Big shoutout to those who were in it for the last 9 years, and for making it the success it has been, thank you