CSI: NY: Cancelled by CBS; No 10th Season

CSI: NY canceledTo little surprise, CBS has cancelled CSI: NY after nine seasons on the air. Unfortunately for fans of the series there won’t be a 10th year of Gary Sinise and company.

A. J. Buckley broke the news via Twitter and wrote, “Just found out #csiny has been cancelled :(.Thank you for the best 9 years with the best crew and cast. Sad day”

He followed that up with, “Really can’t belive it’s over. So bummed.”

The news doesn’t come as a big surprise as the venerable crime drama has been in danger of being cancelled for the past couple seasons. The costs of producing the show have risen over the years and the ratings have fallen.

This year’s ratings dropped to a 1.4 average rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.66 million viewers.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: NY won’t be back for the 2013-14 season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

41 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Becky says

What!!! One of the best CSI shows on TV. I’m so sick and tired of all the stupid reality shows and other dumb stupid shows on TV. Also all the cooking shows and competition shows. Also sorry took off Body of Proof which was getting better. Loved Dana Delaney’s character. Guess reality shows cheaper and more dumb so more people watch them. Don’t have to have much brains to watch them just stupid.

2. Rox says

So sorry CSI NY has ended. So looked forward to the weekly drama. Big mistake alot of fans will be disappointed.

3. SUZI says

IT FIGURES! GET RID OF GOOD SHOWS AND PUT MORE SO CALLED “REALITY SHOWS” ON. GUESS WHICH IS CHEAPER TO PRODUCE? MOST REALITY SHOWS ARE SO STUPID BUT THEN I GUESS THE ONLY REASON FOR THESE SHOWS IS THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE THAT WANT TO MAKES FOOLS OUT OF THEMSELVES IN PRIME TIME

4. Teresa says

It is a shame they cancelled CSI NY AND MIAMI! We waited each week to watch and not we are lost. But wish they would re run please October 12, 2012 show so I could see it for the first time. Mom Died on the 10th of October and we were on the road to NC to the furnual when we missed it. I got to see the Blue Bloods last night we missed.

So If any would send this message to CBS for me it would mean the world to me. I do not facebook or tweete or any of that stuff have limited computer time. No cell phone that does that stuff.
    Every show this is good is going bye bye I hope we are not giving up CSI CRIME OR NCIS AND NCIS LA or BODY OF PROOF OR CASTLE OR CRIMAL MINDSOR MENTALIST.

5. Deb says

I am BUMMED! I have been a fan since day 1. Too bad CBS, bad call. They should cancel some of the REALITY shows, which are as far from REALITY as you can get.

6. Sue Larkin says

I am really going to miss CSI NY and especially Gary Sinise. Maybe he will get another show. I will still watch the repeats on television.

• Anonymous says

Sue, i am really going to miss CSI NY too! it was one my favorites of all the CSI’s put together! i love d Gary Sinise and the cast. i wished they would have kept the show.

7. Lorene says

Devastated… was a good show I really enjoyed!!! of course it gets cancelled, Sick & tired of everything being tied to the 18 to 49 year demographic. This CSINY is a prime example of why it was cancelled.

8. Robert Pearson says

CSI: NY in my opinion has been weak on a the story lines. CSI Miami was a tad bet better than CSI: NY; the reason given for cancelling CSI: Miami was it was getting too costly…suggestion cut out the pastel look of the show. So, the producers have cut the fat from the pocketbook, please at least leave CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, (a.k.a. CSI: LVPD. However, I do tend to look for the History Channels’ Pawn Shop Stars starring in an episode. Maybe one of the perps TRIES to pawns off a circuital piece of evidence but is thwarted by the “Old Man” and “Crumly” calls Ted Danson.

9. Why Watch says

One of the few shows I enjoyed watching. And the only CSI show I did watch. Oh well, there are always books.

10. Clem says

That so sucks! One of the best shows on TV and the network cancels it! Is there no network out there smart enough to pick it up???

11. Thnunumber6 says

Alas, I shall truly miss CSI:NY. At its height, which to me was during the fifth and sixth seasons, the writing on the show was equal to or better than any of the other crime dramas on TV, including NCIS. At least we still have the reruns. As for Gary Sinise, aside from being one hell of a great humanitarian, he is an incredibly talented actor, so I’m sure we’ll be seeing him again. I’m also glad that the producers were able to write what is now the the finale of the show.