CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

kim February 23, 2013 at 6:31 am

I would cancel CSI NY, i will watch covert affairs, hawaii five o or ncis and ncis los angeles, CSI NY has run its course its time to cancel

Ann February 23, 2013 at 5:44 am

Renew it! I would love to know if Sid makes it or not…

Anonymous February 23, 2013 at 5:43 am

i do hope for a renewal!

corey February 23, 2013 at 4:45 am

Renew this show! Hawkes will be missed but replacing him with a CSI Miami cast member will bring more sizzle and fun! I can’t see Gary leaving the show yet

webruce February 23, 2013 at 3:14 am

Yes keep CSI:NY, some story lines are improving. I watch Covert Affairs, it will be interesting.

C121 February 23, 2013 at 3:04 am

We just love to watch CSI NY on Friday nites and then Blue Bloods both shows are just great. Gary Sinese is just great as Det. Mack Taylor. It doesn’t hurt either that he’s from Chicago. Most of the new shows now airing seem to be really bad for reason or another. Just watched the pilot of CBS’s of “Golden Boy” and didn’t care for it one bit. If they think they can replace CSI NY with it, I don’t believe it will work. I’d rather watch reruns of CSI Maimi than Golden Boy.

Julie February 23, 2013 at 12:53 am

Absolutely renew. It’s a great show, great actors. For a Friday night it has lots of viewers. Cancel the mentalist ( silly boring show) & the good wife. CSI/NY is awesome :)

Mark & Carla February 23, 2013 at 12:17 am

Yes, we CERTAINLY want CSI-NY to be reviewed. We love this program. One of our favorite. Great cast. Great writing. CBS should definitely renew CSI-NY.

Please send them our feedback,
Mark & Carla

Tracy W February 23, 2013 at 12:01 am

I love this show! I enjoy watching it with my 3 teenage kids.

Mary Self February 22, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Give CSI NewYork it’s 10th season. It is a great cast and show. You could not ask for a better person in Gary Sinese.

Laura February 22, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I think they should totally renew CSI NY, I felt the season was unfinished! We should get to see Mac’s wedding, and I heard in an interview we would get more Lindsay and Danny, and we didn’t! If anything give us a Season 10 and make that the finale season, something so the show can be properly wrapped up!

Bev February 22, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I think CSI NY should be renewed, as well as The Mentalist. The Mentalist was a top 10/20 shows for all of it’s seasons except when they stupidly put it on Sunday night, once that happens you can almost bet cbs will cancel the show. It was one of my favorite shows and if cbs does cancel it, I’l through with this station. This past season was a complete disaster with how they moved everything around, there was nothing to watch till 10PM most nights, now we are looking at other networks, I’m done with cbs. I sure hope they read this. How anyone can even look at the enforcer and think it resembles anything of a good show needs their head examined, and to think this is what got The Mentalist moved. cbs should fire their programmer because he really screwed up this season. It STUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perry Pope February 22, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I think CSI New York should return, it is a great show with a great and varied cast as well as good writing and plots.

Barb S February 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I don’t miss viewing CSI NY. Unfortunately, the shows I enjoy are becoming fewer and fewer. This show never disappoints me; there are so many more stories to tell. I love Gary Sinese.

Mike February 22, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Renew the show. It is great!!!