CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Carol March 18, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I want to see CSI NY go on for another season. I love Mac Taylor I’m happy they finale found him a love Interest. We should get to see where that goes. I love CBSfri night line up. CSI NY then Blue Bloods. Please don’t Cancel the show.

HANNAH March 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

You’d have to be an absolute idiot to cancel this show, it deserves this series as it has gripped my attention throughout the whole series and I would love to see a few more great series to be made!

Elaine March 18, 2013 at 3:37 am

YES….of course renew CSI:NY! It is an excellent show! CBS “killed” CSI:Miami with Undercover Boss…you never knew when Undercover Boss would end and it was very frustrating trying to figure out when CSI: Miami would begin!! Talk about bad marketing!! To deliberately kill a good show? I agree about Golden Boy…it certainly is no substitute for either of the CSI shows, and I would hate to see CBS bank on it to cover. It would also hurt their line up follower: Blue Bloods. CBS has NCIS and NCIS/LA…why screw up a great track record by killing CSI: Miami, not renewing CSI: NY, hurting Blue Bloods in the process and substituting Golden Boy? Whose terrific idea was that?

mike March 17, 2013 at 9:57 pm

what the heck? am i the only guy that watches this show? why is everyone a girl?

Elizabeth March 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I’ve been watching since season 1. I love the characters & story lines. I was a big fan of CSI Miami as well & was sad that it was cancelled. Don’t cancel CSY NY!!

Rebecca March 17, 2013 at 9:19 am

i dont think any one should comment if they want the show canceled if your not a fan of csi ny you obviously dont appreciate awesome but thats just my opinion if you find it boring and unnecessary why do care if it gets canceled or not.

KimManring March 17, 2013 at 2:10 am

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL CSI NY, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
I am so sick of all the so called REALITY shows. Cancel them instead of the great shows like CSI NY!!!!!!!!!!

Liz March 16, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Please don’t cancel the show. CSI:NY is one of the many cop shows that I would actually watch.

Pat & Ralph March 16, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Please bring it back. I look forward to it every week. Good stories, great characters that we can get to know and love. What are you thinking? Nothing else that has been put on the air has been as good.

Mary March 16, 2013 at 10:50 am

Bring it back it’s a great show!

Sharon March 16, 2013 at 9:25 am

I’m from London, I’m not sure if the views count but I love the show, I want it to stay…It can’t go…I’ve managed to watch all the episodes in the last couple of months since ’04 and I’m 16 now, it’d be sad to see it go. KEEP IT!

cdffit March 16, 2013 at 6:03 am

I love the show. I always have and I love all the CSI shows. I was devastated the way that CSI: Miami ended. Please keep the show going and create a new CSI show in a new city. Now that would be a way to get great ratings.

Glenda Bates March 16, 2013 at 1:27 am

PLEASE RENEW THE SEASON. I always look forward to watching it on Friday night before Blue Bloods. PLEASE NO MORE REALITY SHOWS! THEY ARE AWFUL!

Lexi March 16, 2013 at 1:04 am

I am still getting back into the show, after not watching it for a few seasons. I’d hate to see it go, especially with all the new developments between Mac and Christine, a new baby for Lindsay and Danny. I hope it gets a 10th season, even if that means it’ll be the last.

ALICE March 16, 2013 at 12:30 am