CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Julie March 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I love CSI NY!!

Ann March 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I really like this show and have watched it since it began. It is one show I look forward to watching on Friday nights along with Blue Bloods.

Tlh45 March 28, 2013 at 8:44 am

I hope CBS renews CSI NY for a tenth season. It’s the best show on Friday night and my favorite show. I looked forward to coming home from work and settling in to watch.

Roy and Kathleen March 28, 2013 at 5:10 am

Please leave CSINY on because it is one of the best shows on Friday nights that people can watch. You can get rid of Blue Blood that show sucks I would rather watch CSINY any time. CSI Miami should also come back my husband and I are retired and can finally watch some TV and you take the programs we like off the air please tell us why. You leave some of the other shows on that people like us really don’t like and they stay on.

Harry March 27, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Since I’m retired now and don’t go out on Friday nights I have grown accustomed to watching CSI NY and Blue Bloods every week. These shows are very entertaining and fills the time Friday evenings. I hope you will renew these shows for another season. I like the actors in these series. I can’t stand reality shows.

Irene March 27, 2013 at 6:26 pm

This is one of my favorite shows. Please do not cancel it. It seems all the good shows are getting cancelled for the “reality” (which is not really reality) shows or some Dracula or devil shows. CSI NY is just a real down to earth Cop show with very talented actors and a great story line each show. A great lead in to Blue Blood another one of my favorites. You can kill Criminal Minds because that’s just tooooo graphic for me. There is enough crazies out there we don’t have expand on them.

rita March 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Bring CSINY back. It is a show that is interesting and educational at the same time.

Windy City Ann March 27, 2013 at 10:42 am

Please keep CSI NY! It is the perfect lead in to Blue Bloods and is a solid, well-crafted show that deserves one more season. Pretty please?

Patrish March 27, 2013 at 12:21 am

Please bring CSI: NY back. I love the show and believe it has a lot of good stuff left. Sorry to hear about Hill, but I think they can go on without him.

janelle klucznik March 26, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I want the show to stay on because it still has.a lot of story lines left to keep the show going.

Judy March 26, 2013 at 11:12 am

I too, love the show and the people in it. Don’t cancel just because of some stupid demographic. You’ll all be in a different demographic some day. See how you like being written off. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT. Thank you.

Ellen March 25, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Renew CSI,NY. Gary Sinise is a great actor.I would like to see how each member gets on with their lives,hopefully having each one with a happy ending.I liked the way CSI,Miami ended. No one got killed off.It was great.

eileen March 25, 2013 at 6:21 pm

love the show. please don’t cancel

Sherrisa March 25, 2013 at 10:25 am

I love the show. I think it should continue. I love CSI: Miami also and they got rid of that show also. I’d rather watch these shows that the reality shows anytime!!

Anonymous March 27, 2013 at 9:58 am

Same here, I prefer this over any reality show, except for the Amazing Race of course :)

Bobby March 25, 2013 at 8:11 am

I Love the show and hope they keep it going, I wasn’t too sad about CSI: Miami, I feel it had definitely run it’s course, how many times can you get rid of a cast member and then work them back in to the show? They did that way too much! But I feel as though CSI: N.Y. has a long way to go before they should go away. I will miss Hill Harper, but I think it’s strong enough to go on without him!