CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

roberta May 2, 2013 at 4:29 pm

renovar claro.
e a melhor série.

simone May 2, 2013 at 2:12 pm

e muito triste ver uma serie ser cancelada assisto csi new york desde o inicio,nao seria justo ela ser cancelada!

Connie May 1, 2013 at 9:23 pm

I truly love all 3 CSI’s….. so sad that 2 have been removed! I don’t get to watch much TV with 3children.. but I looked forward to sitting down 3times a Week for my CSI time… please please please bring them back!!!!!!!

jenny fricks May 1, 2013 at 8:24 pm

CSI NY is my favorite of all the CSI shows. Gary Sinise is not only a fine actor, but a fine man and I would watch him in anything! Please do not cancel this show. I watch CBS prime time almost exclusively. You will lose a loyal follower.

Bill April 30, 2013 at 11:07 pm

CSI-NY is a great show!! PLEASE don’t take it off the air. There’s plenty of trash that needs to be taken off the air. CSI-NY is not one of them. If CBS would put it in a better time slot, I think the rating would improve. I really, really like this show and would be VERY disappointed if CBS made the bone-head move to cancel the show.

Linda April 30, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Please Renew. I love that show.

Shannon April 30, 2013 at 9:32 am

I am ok without CSI: Miami but I really enjoy CSI: NY. The crimes are always original. The original CSI is a favorite as well, although it is not the same without Grissom and Catherine it is still enjoyable. Definitely renew CSI: NY.

Lysa April 29, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I wish they would cancel CSI Vegas!!!!!!!!! The show has not been the same since Grissom left. LEAVE CSI:NY alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna April 30, 2013 at 10:37 am

PLEASE do NOT cancel CSI New York. It is a great show with great characters and actors. CSI Miami needed to be cancelled as David Caruso was an idiot and played an arrogant idiot on the show. CSI Vegas is good but not as good since Peterson and Hellenberger left. Gary Senise is great and needs to be kept on the air. There are so many shows on today that are truly not worth watching. All of these “reality shows” suck and it seems networks are putting more and more of them on these days. We do not watch any of them. THANKS!

Gina April 29, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Please bring back the shows csi NY & csi Miami . These shows are as close to reality as it could possible become. Please find that my nephew actually went into CSI schooling because.of how important to, today’s time to learn how to correctly solve issues. And really that is really a way of our times these days,but to make an impact on the younger people wanting to learn that should tell your writer something.
Same goes for CSI Miami it was so reality you would think that alone should say something.
PLEASE BRING THESE SHOWS BACK, and you can take tat Vegas Show back to the drawing board. I can only hope that some actually reads these comments.

Sincerely,
Gina

Anonymous April 29, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I love CSI NY

Susan April 28, 2013 at 10:36 pm

RENEW IT you already got rid of CSI MIAMI I LOVE CSI NY SO KEEP IT

Tonja April 28, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Please don’t take off CSI-NY. I would like to see where Flacks and Mac’s love life lead. I also think that moving the show to another day would help the ratings. Friday’s are not the best time for shows. That is the end of the work week and people are out spending time with family and friends. Please consider moving it first before you take it off the air. Really do like the CSI and NCIS series.

Carrie April 28, 2013 at 9:06 am

RENEW! No question. Since the season finale, I have tried to find a substitute. NCIS, CSI Las Vegas and CSI Miami are pathetic in comparison and I could not get into any of them. The acting, writing, and filming of CSI: NY is by far the finest on television and one of the only shows that the entire family sits and watches every single Friday. If it is cancelled, I will not watch another show, I just will not watch. CBS already cancelled Gifted Man; if they cancel CSI NY, I am done with CBS!

rita April 28, 2013 at 8:44 am

If cbs cancels CSI New York I won’t watch anything on CBS again. There are enough other stations to watch. I love the personal stories of the charaters

air jordan release dates true blues April 27, 2013 at 6:53 am

Terrific! Been looking for this info , thanks for posting, HCG.