CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Dawn Webster November 30, 2013 at 7:03 am

Can’t believe that the original CSI is still on and getting worse but they cancelled this one which was the best one! Always all about money and never about the fans.

Cathy Covert November 7, 2013 at 9:22 am

Why do U always cancel a show that is great. bring it back cancel the stupid shows U bring to the TV.

Sheree Yoder October 27, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I enjoy all cbs programming but I truly miss csi ny I keep hoping
you surprise me and bring it back. We were left hanging on the last few
episodes. I miss all the cast ,cant imagine Fridays without it.

emma hulme October 23, 2013 at 6:27 am

csi:ny keeps me busy and stops me from getting into trouble i think they’re wrong to cancel this because it is a stedy show loads of viewers im 15 years old been watching csi ny since i was 6 years old YOU SHOULD RENEW THIS SHOW YOU MAKING A LOT OF PEOPLE ANGRY PUT IT BACK ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE

Joyce October 15, 2013 at 4:50 pm

PLEASE, we miss CSI NY. Bring it back.

marlene October 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Renew CSI NY.

eileen October 7, 2013 at 10:03 pm

CSI New York is the best of the three with the original now being the worst…cancle that one…..any of the moronic real life shows etc. Thr great race….survivor…. the X factor….. the voice…. any number of mindless sitcoms…..but please leave NY alone……

Anonymous October 3, 2013 at 6:15 pm

csi ny best of all csi series bring it back

David G. Martin October 2, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Please do not cancel CSI New York. It is one of my favorite programs to watch and the main resign that I even turn on the TV on Friday night.

Anonymous September 29, 2013 at 6:21 am

PLEASE bring it back.

Marla Ellis October 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I agree that CSI New York is a great show. I have said that before. Maybe some of the stupid comedy show should go, but not Big Bang Theory. That Amazing Race, and Survivor show could go. I also agree that Friday night is a good night for the show.

Anonymous September 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Yes, renew for a 10th season

κωνσταντινα September 26, 2013 at 4:19 pm

ηταν τοσο ωραιο το csi νεα Υορκη και ειχε φθασει σε ωραιο σημειο επισης μάρεσε η αστυνομικη περιπετεια του.σας παρακαλω ας βγουν καινουργια επεισοδια.

Jackie September 26, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Love CSI NY! Please bring it back! Love all the CBS crime shows there very entertaining.
You can cancel Undercover boss Bad! Bad! Bad!

Marla Ellis October 3, 2013 at 9:17 am

I agree, as far as undercover boss goes. You can cancel that one. I only found a couple of those that I thought were worth watching.

Marla Ellis September 23, 2013 at 4:49 pm

So very disappointed and sad. My husband and I love that show, and never missed an episode. They take all the good shows off. Gary Sinise and the rest of the cast were great together. Just when Mac asks his lady to marry him and Lindsey and Danny are having another baby. My Friday nights are not going to be the same without my CSI NY fix. I still miss the CSI Miami cast as well. Two great shows gone. Thank god for reruns on other channels. Still wish there were new episodes of them though. Goodbye to Gary Sinise, Sella Ward, Anna Balknap, Carmine Giovanazo, and Eddy Cahill. I shall miss you all.

marc french September 23, 2013 at 11:34 am

Csy:NY is a great show. If you would leave the show on Friday nights at 10pm instead of moving it around it get more followers. Get rid of some of the stupid mindless comedy shows instead.