CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Canceled and renewed TV show

395 Comments on "CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?"

Notify of

Cynde
Cynde
September 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Please renew CSI NY. Great show. Looked forward every week to watching it.

Cyndi
Cyndi
September 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Cancelling CSI:NY was a foolish move! With what is being spent on development, marketing and salaries on the shows that CBS had tried to replace it with, they could have continued with a solid, well-loved show! How many failed shows will CBS try to air before they realize that a mistake was made. Also, moving the show to one of the worst times slots, how can you expect viewership to increase?? Bring them back and stop trying the subpar shows you have put in it’s place.

Linda Byrd
Linda Byrd
September 8, 2013 12:17 pm

Please don’t cancel CSINY!!! It is a fantastic show and the best of the CSI’s!!!

Kathy
Kathy
September 6, 2013 10:47 pm

CSI NY needs to come back. Great show?

Sherry Sadler
Sherry Sadler
September 6, 2013 12:26 pm

Please renew CSI-NY.. It is the most real show, exciting and very loving.. Your Characters are so heart warming. Continue with Season 10 … Thank You

Ed Hansen
August 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Renew it please, don’t cancel it. I really love CSI NY.

rebelswoman
August 27, 2013 9:21 pm

I know several people who are upset about the cancellation of the show, my husband and I included. The writers of the story didn’t even have a chance to end the show with letting us know what Lindsey and Danny have as their second child. A boy or a girl.
Just like Walker, the Texas Ranger, the fans were left hanging about the officers private lives.

Lovin my CSI-NY
Lovin my CSI-NY
August 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Please, please, please don’t drop my CSI NY!!! I always wait for Fridays to watch it! Please keep it on TV! Its a great show! I would miss it sooo much. So would a lot of my family and friends….

Kathie Talbert
Kathie Talbert
August 15, 2013 1:22 am

Oh My, Please renew CSI-NY.. I love all three CSI’s and losing CSI- Miami was so sad.. please do not take NY away as well… I watch all the episodes even the reruns on other channels.. Save my show!~!~!

alice salabsky
alice salabsky
July 19, 2013 1:30 pm

please let csi stay on. this is the best tv series I have ever watched. all the other new series stink. they try to be like csi but cant hold a candle to csi. all the actorsplay their parts well. I am begging you to renew csi. cant live without my csi.

Deppy
Deppy
July 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Why do you doing that?? Get it back please…im not from America but i see here in my country an have the best viewers!!! Please get it back!!!! PLEASE!! Dont cancel it you can move or something!!! RENEW IT!!!!

Tiffany rose
Tiffany rose
July 12, 2013 6:09 pm

please renew the show it one of my fav. shows

Elsa Baez from PR
Elsa Baez from PR
July 8, 2013 12:33 pm

Please renew the next seaon , dont cancel its one of my favorite shows it can be moved to another day of the week or a different time, people would be able to watch it like Thursday or saturday night, please I will like very much of it to continue.

Kim collins
Kim collins
June 27, 2013 4:56 am

renew it please dont cancel its one of my favorite shows theirs not many left like that one if u move it to another day of the week and a different time people would be able to watch it like Thursday @8pm i think it on to late for some people to catch it

Amber Stotelmyer
Amber Stotelmyer
June 26, 2013 11:01 pm

PLEASE don’t cancel this show!!!! It’s the only reason I watch CBS any more. I never cared for the regular CSI – CSI:NY imho has better stories, better characters (especially since Sela Ward came aboard), and better location (I LOVE NY πŸ™‚ ). CBS has tried running several new shows that are ‘cheaper’ to produce than CSI:NY, and they have all failed miserably. If CBS wants to keep saying that it’s the number one network, they can’t cancel one of their best shows. Honestly, that makes no business sense at all. Save CSI:NY!!!!!

wpDiscuz