CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Riffit February 24, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Please. Do not cancel this show I love this show very much

Cris February 24, 2013 at 9:33 am

CSI NY is a good cast of characters, and I love the fact that it is “alot” of lab, that’s what CSI’s do!!! The science is FANTASTIC, and gets you to think so much more than any other show.

Jim February 24, 2013 at 7:26 am

Totally agree with meena.
This season was the MOST BORING of all times!!!
Thankfully the original CSI was/is interesting enough to get us through the year:)
Please CANCEL CSI NY. This is no more a crime drama. It’s becoming a soap opera that it’s painful to watch!

meena February 24, 2013 at 3:30 am

CSI NY should have been cancelled instead of CSI MIAMI!!! NY is so boring…..all lab without showing much else, including the crime!

Anonymous February 24, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I completely agree. CSI: Miami was the best. I won’t miss NY.

pat February 24, 2013 at 2:26 am

please don’t canc this show. I wish you would bring back csi Miami . Get rid of original csi its been on long enough Had to many charter changes

Elizabeth February 24, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I hope they dont cancel csi ny this only show thats left after csi miami cancellation Now that csi miami is gone this is only show i watch now and as well csi vegas please dont cancel csi ny bring back for season 10.

julia warner February 24, 2013 at 2:23 am

I think cbs should keep csi:ny. I enjoy watching it every friday. I don’t think any show could compare it csi:ny. A replacement just wouldn’t be as good.

Jay February 24, 2013 at 1:49 am

I think CSI new York is much better than CSI with its current cast. Season 10 should def happen! Great cast!

Gary February 24, 2013 at 1:01 am

CSI NY should be back for at least one more season.

Dawn February 23, 2013 at 10:41 pm

CSI NY is one of my husband and my favorite shows. I don’t believe you should cancel the show. You keep canceling shows that are good and you wander why people start watching another networks. Move it to another night and you will see the difference. Friday nights everyone goes out and that means Friday nights are a kiss of death for shows.

Jeremy Rynek February 23, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I love the whole CSI franchise, but them doing that cross-over was a death sentence written in stone. They did it because this season was gonna be the last season they could. They know that one of the CSIs is out of here come May. Obviously this is more likely to go, but one of them is out.

Kristin February 23, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Please keep it around! I’m sad enough that this season was short, please don’t end it!!

Patti February 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Please do not cancel CSI NY, it is one of the best crime shows on TV and the best CSI series.

Jennifer February 23, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I love CSI NY bring it back.

Marty February 23, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I think that they should renew this show. Like previously stated, there are too many things that are unsolved: Danny and Lindsay’s new baby, Sid’s cancer, Mac and Christine’s engagement, and (thought not as huge as the others) the relationship between Flack and Lovato. There are so many things that we need to see involving these characters and storylines, it would be a shame to cancel it now. I think it should return for at least one more season (though I’d like more).

Virginia Calabrese February 23, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Please give Gary Sinise, and all the cast of CSI NY at least one more season. It is such a good show, we care about the stories and the people!!!! You already took CSI Miami away, don’t take this one too!!!