CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

Shawna February 26, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Please keep CSI:NY. I like the show and outside my bible reading and history homework, that is only thing I watch on television. Please keep it. I would like to see Mac and Christian married, and Danny and Lindsey have the baby. As for Hill Harper, I didn’t really like his character. I don’t see the team missing him. Please keep CSI:NY.

rhoda February 26, 2013 at 1:30 am

Dont cancel csi ny its my fav

Paulo Ara├║jo February 25, 2013 at 2:48 pm

it’s de better CSI i’ve seen. Don’t finish
Portugal

F. Coveney February 25, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Please do not cancel CSI:NY. Cancel Elementary – it stinks.

F. Coveney February 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Please do not cancel. The new shows that CBS is trying to shove down our throats are awful. The cast in CSI: NY are great and they deserve to come back. We like it much better than CSI Investigation, which we refuse to watch. This “Golden Boy” that you are advertising over and over to try to get our attention looks like it will join the no-go’s. Please, please do not cancel CSI: NY. We personally like the Gifted Man that was taken away after season and really not giving it a chance to take hold.

Nathan February 25, 2013 at 12:23 pm

It should stay for one more season. It’s not time quite yet.

Terry February 25, 2013 at 10:41 am

Sorry for the typo. I meant CSI NY.

Terry February 25, 2013 at 10:39 am

PLEASE do not cancel SCI NY. The season ending episode made it look like the last one forever. We have to see Mac get married, see Lindsey have her baby, see how Sid progresses, how things turn out for Adam and his girlfriend, etc., etc., etc. I was sad when CSI Miami ended but cancelling CSI NY would be a big loss. CBS: Think Before You Cancel.

JDM February 25, 2013 at 6:26 am

Please don’t cancel CSI:NY! It’s one of the best shows ever. CBS renew it for another season please!!

Christian February 25, 2013 at 12:22 am

I would like to see CSI:NY for more seasons. It has a more real feeling to it, I like the stories that are written, and we are seeing Mac and Flack develop relationships.

I felt CSI:Miami was unrealistic. The characters rarely changed clothes, implying that the case would be opened, researched, and concluded on the same day. NY changes clothes… more realistic with a crime, research, and prosecution.

I greatly prefer the science dramas over anything of a reality show nature, or what passes as comedy on TV. Please keep the show.

csinyfan2013 February 24, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I wish for CSI: NY to stay.

I myself have not seen anything that can measure up for Friday nights. I watched CSI back in beginning and think Ted Danson is ok and such.

But Friday nights as I am home need something good to watch. I like NY and Blue Bloods on Fridays.

I think Moving CSI Miami to Sundays for 2 seasons killed it due to Football and more. I would love for it to return at least for a 10th season. Isn’t that was season Miami ended with it’s 10th or did it go longer. Can’t remember.

But I love the stories with finding a new love interest for Flack and even Mac with Christine. Like a previous poster mentioned some stories we had this season need another season to flourish. But I have a feeling this will be it as Miami ended with all of them around at some club and more.

I just as said can’t see it being replaced on Fridays perhaps change things up or something as what they tried last year with NY’s short season as well didn’t last. Not sure what they will have on to go now either in place of NY. But I think CSI, Criminal Minds and the NCIS’s are only shows on CBS of dramas and such that I know of will be back.

If had to move NY to another night.

Why Watch February 24, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Of the three CSI’s, this is the only one I watched. Gave up on CSI years back and never enjoyed CSI:Miami. I think it’s gotten better with Seela Ward’s addition. I’d watch it next year if renewed.

Bette Roman February 24, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Please don’t cancel CSI: NY. I love the program and look forward to watching it every week. All the people on the show are great – especially Gary Sinise.

Peggy February 24, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Keep CSI NY & cancel CSI Vegas. Stopped watching Vegas seasons ago – so boring.

Dana February 24, 2013 at 5:45 pm

CANCEL criminal minds I don’t care about that show . I don’t watch it any more .

cbsneedstostop February 25, 2013 at 2:03 pm

i agree with everyone (except Dana) all of these crap shows (elementary, golden boy, etc…) are just a waste of space. DONT cancel criminal minds and DO NOT CANCEL csi ny!!! its that simple. they wouldnt have to make room for more (crap) shows if they… STOPPED MAKING CRAP SHOWS!!!!!! Although, if they continue putting people like alex blake (character name on criminal minds) on good shows they might as well cancel them…