CSI: NY: Cancelled or Renewed for Season 10?

CSI NY cancel or renew?Here we go again. Tonight, CBS airs the ninth season finale of CSI: NY. Will the long-running show be cancelled so that it ends up also being the series finale as well?

As with any show, the network has to look at the costs to produce CSI: NY versus the revenue it generates. CSI: NY has been on the air for nearly 200 episodes and so the costs have risen over the years. Unfortunately, the ratings haven’t gone up as well.

In season seven, CSI: NY averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.03 million total viewers. Last season, the show averaged a 1.6 demo rating with 9.94 million. This year, it’s averaged a 1.4 rating with 9.68 million viewers.

Is it worthwhile for the network to keep producing more episodes or should they try something new? They haven’t had any luck launching new dramas on Friday nights — Made in Jersey and A Gifted Man, for example — so trying to replace CSI: NY might be a tricky proposition.

As Gary Sinise recently told Larry King regarding the ninth season renewal, “It was a 50-50 toss-up. We have a good solid show but I know from a business perspective what they’re thinking about, looking at. Has our show run its course? Can they find a new show that’s cheaper to make than ours that can do as well? They have to take a lot into account but we’re a solid show.”

If CSI: NY does return it will be without one castmember. Hill Harper, who’s played Sheldon Hawkes since the show began, is leaving. He’s becoming a series regular on USA’s Covert Affairs drama starting with season four.

What do you think? Has CSI: NY run its course? Should CBS cancel it and replace it with an existing drama or something new? Would you like to see it come back for a 10th year?

irishtoy March 13, 2013 at 3:40 pm

PLEASE KEEP CSI-NY IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS AND ALL OF THE ACTORS ON THE SHOW. YOU TOOK VEGAS OFF TO SHOW “GOLDEN BOY” AND IT STINKS AND THEN TOOK CSI-NY OFF TO REPLACE IT WITH “GOLDEN BOY” ON FRIDAY NIGHT. I REPEAT THE SHOW STINKS. PLEASE LISTEN TO THE FANS.

IRISHTOY

Anonymous March 13, 2013 at 12:14 pm

RENEW IT! I need more of Jo Danville and less of Christine. Nuff said. After the dissappointing finale, we want this show to go out with a bang.

Ellen March 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm

CSI,NY should definitely be renewed for season 10. As I said before Gary Sinise is a great actor.HIM and the rest of the crew have good chemistry together,just as every one was getting to have their own lives the show ended season 9. I would like to see what happens with every one,I really enjoyed how the season ended,no one getting killed off.You guys did a great job I liked how CSI Miami ended also ,it was a happy ending which proves people don”t have to always get killed off to end a season. All my shows are getting cancelled.First CSI Miami,then maybe CSI,NY.I hope not.
RENEW CSI,NY SEASON 10.

mary knapp April 5, 2013 at 10:03 pm

to whom it mat concern: of all the C.S.I.’s…CSI,N.Y. was my favorite!!! maybe because
I moved from Oregon to NYC for 3 yrs while my husband, attended THE NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH…Culture shock for sure, since I grew up in Lake Oswego , 97034…a small bedroom town approx. 15 miles south of Portland. I worked as an R.N @ NY. State college of Medecine up in Valhalla. In the Pshch Unit for the chronically ill….give me a schicophreinic, or Bi-bolar and I’m in heaven.
I loved New York,my work and the culture!
To this day I believe NYC has the best food in the world! My daughter was a huge fan
of kay thompson’s “ELOISE” when we walked into The Plaza for the 1st time and saw a huge pictue of Eloise I can’t tell you what a trill that was hr.

Sher March 12, 2013 at 4:25 am

RENEW IT!!! One of the best shows on TV! I enjoy it immensely!

Lauren March 11, 2013 at 10:43 pm

KEEP IT!!
This is one of my favorite shows on Friday after I get home from work along with Blue Bloods. Please keep this show and do another season!!

Lynne March 11, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I just read that if csi going on 10th season it will be less Hawkes, i felt disappointed, i ‘d still prefer the complete cast but if we really need to make a choice so be it, i hope the program comes back, i never missed any single episode from season 1-9, a big fan of mac taylor, it broke my heart when syd got diagnosed of cancer, and adam the funny genius man had a sick dad, i’m happy for lindsey and dan having their second baby, i hope i’d still get to see it. Flack with angel is a cute romance…

I just hope for another season….

Thanks..

Carolyn Berry March 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Please just renew it. Friday night is just wonderful with CSI New York & Blue Bloods. Until they came on Friday night we watched reality channels. Don’t mess up a good thing.

Helga Münch March 11, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Last it was only one soap opera. This does not fit for this series.

Helga Münch March 11, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Please Renew it! But without Christine. Please ,more interesting inquiries.Last it was only one soap opera. This does not fit for this series.

Roberto hernandez March 11, 2013 at 11:50 am

What it back is the best show. Yes I what it back

Chad March 9, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Renew it…Gary Sinise is amazing. The cast works well together, and the shows storylines have NOT gotten dull to say the least.

Sandi March 9, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I really hope that CBS keeps this show!

Jan Figueroa March 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm

DEFINITELY KEEP IT!!!!! IT’S ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON TV. WE WATCH IT EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT.

tracey March 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

Renew it. It’s a great series, the chemistry between the characters is great and I’m not ready to say goodbye to them yet!

Elizabeth D. Butler March 9, 2013 at 10:17 am