CSI: NY: Season Nine Ratings

CBS TV show CSI: New York season nine ratingsLast spring, it looked like CSI: NY might be cancelled due to sagging ratings but it was renewed. CBS has again ordered just 18 episodes. Is the venerable TV show on the way out? Could it just be time for the series to go? Stay tuned!

The ninth season of CSI: NY typically airs on Friday nights at 8pm on the CBS network. The cast includes
Gary Sinise, Sela Ward, Carmine Giovinazzo, Anna Belknap, Eddie Cahill, Hill Harper, AJ Buckley, and Robert Joy.

Below are the TV show’s latest ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if CSI: NY is going to be cancelled or renewed for season 10.

Final season averages: 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.66 million total viewers.

Episode 09-17: Friday, 02/22/13 (finale)
1.2 in the demo (0% change) with 9.46 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 1.41 in the demo with 9.66 million.

Episode 09-16: Friday, 02/15/13
1.2 in the demo (-25% change) with 8.59 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 9.68 million.

Episode 09-15: Friday, 02/08/13
1.6 in the demo (+7% change) with 9.57 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.44 in the demo with 9.75 million.

Episode 09-14: Friday, 02/01/13
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 10.39 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.43 in the demo with 9.76 million.

Episode 09-13: Friday, 01/18/13
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 10.68 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.42 in the demo with 9.71 million.

Episode 09-12: Friday, 01/11/13
1.6 in the demo (+14% change) with 10.71 million (+17% change).
Season averages: 1.41 in the demo with 9.63 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 09-11: Friday, 01/04/13
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 9.13 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 9.53 million.

Episode 09-10: Friday, 12/07/12
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 9.95 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 1.39 in the demo with 9.57 million.

Episode 09-09: Friday, 11/30/12
1.5 in the demo (+7% change) with 9.86 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.38 in the demo with 9.53 million.

Episode 09-08: Friday, 11/16/12
1.4 in the demo (0% change) with 9.59 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 9.49 million.

Episode 09-07: Friday, 11/09/12
1.4 in the demo (-7% change) with 9.72 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.36 in the demo with 9.48 million.

Episode 09-06: Friday, 11/02/12
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 10.05 million (1% change).
Season averages: 1.35 in the demo with 9.44 million.

Episode 09-05: Friday, 10/26/12
1.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 10.09 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 1.32 in the demo with 9.31 million.

Episode 09-04: Friday, 10/19/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% change) with 9.48 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.27 in the demo with 9.12 million.

Episode 09-03: Friday, 10/12/12
1.4 in the demo (+17% change) with 9.48 million (+13% change).
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 9.00 million.

Episode 09-02: Friday, 10/05/12
1.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 8.40 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.25 in the demo with 8.75 million.

Episode 09-01: Friday, 09/28/12
1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.11 million total viewers
Season averages: 1.30 in the demo with 9.11 million.

Compared to last season’s premiere, CSI: NY was down by 28% in the demo (vs a 1.8 rating) and down by 14% in viewership (vs 10.68 million).

Reference point: The eighth season of CSI: NY averaged a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 9.94 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the CSI: NY TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 10th season?

Amazon.com Widgets

John March 7, 2013 at 10:00 am

If CBS says goodbye to CSI NY I’m saying goodbye to CBS for good. No more second chances. I’m permanently done with it no matter what they do. I’ll continue to watch original CSI but that is all. CBS will no longer be in my plans to watch TV.

Tammy Daniels March 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

Please do not cancel csi ny…. there are very few teevision shows i watch at all anymore other than keeping an eye on what my teenager is watching.Most television has become reality show haven and i for one do not watch tv for reality. I get enough of that in the real world … i watch television to be entertained and forget my own worries for just a little while. personally I was a bit perturbed when csi miami was cancelled and yet the failing original show csi or as many refer to it csi vegas was allowed to continue. Dont get me wrong i respect ted danson and think he has done an excellent job in stepping out of the sam malone type cast and into something more serious and he makes it work. Unfortunately i think with that one they are beating a dead horse. However csi ny with the new proposal from mac to christine… this has potentential.. and the show is still very solid with the characters .. the stories are still interesting and not washed out desperate last ditch attempts such as the episode of csi vegas where sara was being set up and the biggest focus of the show was omg shes cheating on grissom???? give me a break….grissom left… get over it already…. thats just my opinion be honest but dont hate me .

Deborah Humbert March 3, 2013 at 6:44 pm

One of the best showes on TV do not cut it

Harry Simms February 26, 2013 at 1:00 am

One of the best shows on TV. It keeps me watching CBS. Please don’t cancel this excellent program.

keith February 26, 2013 at 12:41 am

pls dont get rid of my fav show

Maureen February 25, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Really like CSI:NY. Never really watched the other ones. Like the actors and story lines. Will continue to watch if renewed.

Faith February 22, 2013 at 11:09 pm

CSI ny is one of the best shows on t.v. Very classy and sophisticated actors. Gary Senise is awesome. Please renew this show. CBS has by far, the best programming on t.v. With the exception of the ridiculous sitcoms, the programming is very entertaining and loaded with talent.

Myrie Lebron February 22, 2013 at 9:59 pm

PLEASE RENEW… this is my favorite CSI…. I love the whole cast…. don’t take them from me please!!!!!!!!! I enjoy everything about CSI NY…. RENEW RENEW RENEW

Tabitha February 17, 2013 at 10:46 pm

NOOOOOO!!! Don’t end the show, all the good ones are going away! RENEW please!!

SSimpson February 17, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Please renew!! My husband and I love this show! Don’t cancel it

Steph February 17, 2013 at 7:48 am

I agree. This show is a huge part of my life and I don’t know what I’d do without it! Please renew for season 10… I have to find out about/see baby Messer! <3

Adam Decker February 16, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I hope that it isn’t cancelled, but with ratings like that, it doesn’t look too good. I just hope that they have a good ending if it is cancelled. We can still hope for some sort of movie if it does end.

Susan Godshall February 15, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Please renew CSI NY for a new season. It’s part of my life.

Alexis February 10, 2013 at 1:16 am