CSI: NY

CSI: NY Network: CBS

Episodes: 197 (hour)
Seasons: Nine

TV show dates: September 22, 2004 – February 22, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Anna Belknap, Robert Joy, A. J. Buckley, Vanessa Ferlito, and Emmanuelle Vaugier.

current TV show

TV show description:
A group of NYPD forensics scientists investigate mysterious deaths and other serious crimes.

The CSI team is led by Detective Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) who previously served as a U.S. Marine. Mac is plagued by insomnia and is haunted by the loss of his wife in the 9/11 attacks.

Other past and present team members include former child prodigy Dr. Sheldon Hawkes (Hill Harper) and detectives like strong-willed Stella Bonasera (Melina Kanakaredes), Brooklyn native Aiden Burn (Vanessa Ferlito), troubled Danny Messer (Carmine Giovinazzo), witty Don Flack (Eddie Cahill), and Midwest transplant Lindsay Monroe (Anna Belknap).

This spin-off of CSI:Miami is typically the most gory of the CSI franchise.
space

Series Finale

Episode #197 — Today is Life
The team investigates a case involving a police officer, Kevin Hopkins, who shot and killed a man named Timothy Brown while pursuing him for the burglary of a jewelry shop. Hopkins asserts that his actions were in self-defense as he claims Brown had pulled a gun and shot at him. Hopkins’ partner admits he did not hear an initial gunshot from Brown and Brown’s hands also test negative for gunshot residue.

Pressured by protests and riots from the public in response to the shooting, the CSI’s search for additional evidence and eventually find a bullet casing at the crime scene. A ballistics match to several open cases links the location of one shooting to the address on a summons sheet found in the pocket of the jacket left behind by the other burglar.

The team heads to the location and winds up in separate chases in which one of the burglars is shot down by Jo when he reaches for his gun and the other, a man named Ray Griffin, is taken into custody. Griffin admits to the robbery and to shooting at Hopkins before escaping, while Adam discovers that the jewelry Brown had on him was his own and not stolen from the store. Brown had just pawned some of his jewelry to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend.

Hopkins mistook Brown for Griffin since they were wearing the same clothes and shot Brown as he was reaching for his cell phone. Brown was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Inspired by Brown’s mantra to make the most of every day, Mac proposes to Christine and she accepts.
First aired: February 22, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the CSI: NY TV series? Are you upset that it’s been cancelled and won’t have a 10th season?

BK July 23, 2013 at 1:02 am

WHY??????????????????would CBS cancel CSI NY. One of the best shows on TV.
Are they crazy…. Bring CSI NY BACK…………………..I always look forward to the CSI shows. You have a good thing on TV and some dummies cancel them. The crime drama’s are the best [CSI’S, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, Law & Order, SVU and Crimnal Intent. Bring back CSI.

debbie July 9, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I think CSI:NY was the best of all of them. This is the one that should have stayed on the air. The original CSI can’t seem to keep the cast members. That one should’ve been cancelled instead.

tv buff June 18, 2013 at 7:10 am

WOW, BEST OF THE CSI SERIES.
BRING IT BACK, ENOUGH SAID, TIRED OF SEEING ALL 10+ SHOWS IVE WATCHED THIS YEAR GET CANCELLED.

sharon June 3, 2013 at 10:11 pm

CSI: NY i couldn’t wait forthat show to come i record if i fall asleep bring it back ,reality show are not for everybody let the people vote for their shows

Peter MH May 29, 2013 at 12:16 am

Yep sorry to see it go… one of the good series worth watching… but as usual in all long running series it slowly dies out so thanks to CSI NY for having something worth watching…

MILLIE May 27, 2013 at 12:15 am

SO SAD TO SEE CSI NEW YORK GO LOVE MAC TAYLOR BY FAR THE BEST CSI SERIES SINCE GRISSOM LEFT THE ORGINAL CSI

Heather May 18, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I am a 12 year old girl who has aspercas syndrome and ADHD and I have watch CSI:NY all 197 episodes it was part of my life I have seen every episode over 20 times and I love it the the same ever time I think it is the biggest mastake ever made in the history of the universe I cried for 2. And a half hours when I found out

Mark May 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm

This was a great show and it will be missed and the thing that sucks! the most all the Crew will be out of work now. we need to keep filming in L.A. and stop them going to other states.

Sammi May 13, 2013 at 12:37 am

I have watched this show when I was 7 ad now I’m 13 and I’m sadend by this I think I’m actually crying I watched it with my cousin I watched this show when I was alone I watched it those scary nights in the hospital not knowing if I was going to be okay I loved this show. I like the parts with danny and Lindsay me and my cousin would play in the basement of my house and play CSI:NY I was Lindsay and she was Stella I hate that Stella left the show. One time in school we had to write a play and I used all their names; Lindsay, Danny, Don, Flake, ect. Then I used their real names Anna B.(sorry cant think of how to spell names at the moment I’m siting in bed bawling its over when I seen something on the Internet) Sela W., ect. I have had a ad day today worrying about stuff. In school I have never been the popular or cool or cute person I have always been the go get the answers of the geeks paper or what a loser or she is so ugly girls but with my cousin I could be me and same with her we loved the show. How could they just end the show with danny and Lindsay and Lucy stuff Mac and Christine stuff Don and sorry cant remember the girls name stuff and I have watched reruns new episodes and bloopers of the show behind the scenes.there is nothing to say except for I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!and please please please don’t end and I am crying right now because I love this show I know a lot about all the charecters and actor/actress’s and I don’t want it to end what other shows do I have no more last man standing or malibu country as a little kid I watched home improvement still love it and I watched Reba I loved Reba make tire so much I went to one of her concerts at age 6 and at her concert me and my big sissy hugged Melissa peterman and I hate change in school I hate getting new classes friends teacherslockers and it makes me so worried and I only have I few friends that I really can trust

Ken Derlatka May 12, 2013 at 1:34 pm

You cancelled CSI:NY? You leave crap like Hawaii%O, Two and a Halff Men, and Person of Interest, but you cancel one of the three best shows you have on? What the hell are you thinking?

Sammi May 13, 2013 at 12:39 am

I know I love this show and its like really all that other crap on tv and u cancel this awesome show that a lot of people love

debbie July 9, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I agree with the 2 1/2 Men. That show no longer has Jake and they have made Alan such an idiot. That show really has to go.

James Austin May 12, 2013 at 2:03 am

Why do they cancel the good shows and leave on all that reality crap or something like that Two and a half men. Which shows the world its ok to have sex with several people and never make any commitments. I live life everyday with stress and issues of life maybe a little mystery or excidment into the lives of someone else so I can forget my for an hour or so. I want to see if Mac and Christine make it and if the baby for Danny and his wife is ok. Come on bring it back and finish the story lines at least for us to know how it all ended. Then you can put on some boring reality show or more shows like Two and a half men that I will never watch. The rented movies or the good old shows you can buy or looking better all the time then network TV.

Corrie May 11, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I am sooooo disappointed that CSI NY will not be back!!!! It has turned out to be the best one of all! The grittiest and most realistic one of the three! Soooo Disappointed . . .!

rose May 11, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I think CBS is making a horrible mistake , the cacellation of CSI NY it was a real good show and all of those actors will be without jobs, dont cancell that show.

david osborne May 10, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I AM HIGHLY PISSED-OFF THAT THEIR WILL NOT BE A SEASON 10!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENS TO MAC AND CHRISTINE, AND TO DANNY AND HIS WIFE WITH HER BEING PREGNANT???? YOU CAN NOT LEAVE US LOYAL VIEWERS LIKE THIS!!!!!! GET YOUR WRITERS TO WRITING AT LEAST A FEW EPISODES SO WE KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!

anon April 5, 2013 at 11:14 pm

CSI: Miami was OK but too flashy for my tastes. If one of the three had to go, I agree with the choice to cancel that one, but I do miss it. CSI: NY and CSI: Vegas are consistently excellent productions that I will watch as long as they continue to produce them to their high standards. CBS has most of the great shows on TV now and these are high on the list. The curreht H50 is also quite entertaining, though it does give the impression that Hawaii is a dangerous place, which has not been my experience in the many times I’ve visited there – even Oahu. The only drama I regularly follow that is not on CBS is Grey’s Anatomy – another excellent production.