CSI: Season 14 Ratings

CSI: Las Vegas season 14With CSI: NY and CSI: Miami both having been cancelled, the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is the last of franchise on the air. After many years in the same Thursday timeslot, CBS has moved it to Wednesdays. Will the viewers follow the series or let it go? Will CSI be renewed for a 15th season? Time will tell.

The original CSI follows crime scene investigators as they try to solve cases as part of the Las Vegas Police Department. This season’s castmates are Ted Danson, Elisabeth Shue, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Eric Szmanda, Robert David Hall, Wallace Langham, David Berman, Jon Wellner, and Paul Guilfoyle.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

5/8 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The 13th season of CSI averaged a 2.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.43 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the CSI TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a 15th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

26 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Amy Jo says

Love ALL the CSI’s…. very upest when NY & Miami ended. I still watch reruns of both. I’m watching NY while posting this. Please keep the seasons going.

2. geegee says

Please…powers that be: keep this original CSI on and running. The cast is awesome. The cast is normal.!!! Smart, kind, really believable, stays focused in the science not the overly flashy, all sexed up story lines. Just good crime solving. I miss CSI ny, but this was/is my first CSI love.

3. brey 99 says

I love CSI. hope it stays for a very long time and bring back the old cast. rekindle the sara and grishan love story…

#<3CSI

4. cyndie says

csi new York gone, and Miami gone what will happen to CSI the original with now
    Ted dancer, didn’t think I would like it without grisson, Ted dancer has brought the show back to its original glory I want another series. #

5. JM says

I can’t say why but I just stopped watching police dramas a lot of years ago (last one: NYPD Blue) until I found Grissom and CSI. Have not stopped yet.

6. Anonymous says

Great show. Great cast. The actors on this show have a real understanding of “the silence.” They all seem to have such substance, it is a mind blower to see such an America cast work so well. 200th episode was grand. Loved seeing Prentiss. The writing, however, is getting a bit weak. I think of the episode, “Mosley Place,” wow! And great directing and acting-Bud Cort was so fine and Gubler did a great job directing.

Too bad we lost Strauss. Would have loved to see her and Rossi’s back story developed.

7. Anonymous says

This show needs some new writers to give it an injection of interest in the characters and story lines. Either bring back some of the old characters (Grissom) or promote the ones that have been there for a while to new positions or additional responsibilities.

8. Sarah-Jane says

I love CSI and I really do hope it can carry on. I was abit down that NY and Miami had to end, but what can ya do? #RENEWCSI

9. Lilacslily2014 says

CSI has been my favorite since day one, but the last two seasons, terrible! Storylines are so predictable, barely any science, or its overly scientific, why not just stop trying to overcomplicate it and do what was done in the beginning. Show more Sara, Greg and Nick, they ARE THE SHOW. Brass is not funny anymore, there has to be a little bit of humor to balance the darkness, writers also seem to be trying to make Shue into Catherine Willows character, its NOT WORKING, are the writers really that dumb that they cant come up with an original character for Shue and Danson? Its so sad because the potential of this show is huge, yet its hanging by a thread.

10. Dave says

I agree with George (Nick) this show needs some good writers!
    Why would you only have Jorja Fox (Sara) on air for seconds at a
    time, SHE is the star of the show not the new people.
    Last nights show was about a 3 on a 1 to 10 scale.
    HIRE SOME WRITERS, you have nothing to lose!

11. says

I have not been a major viewer in a spell but glad I dropped in. This had to be one of the most disturbing episodes in TV history. Nice play!! Well done!! I have watched the most blood thirsty, demented and horrific story-lines that writers with too much scotch and volumes of H.P. Lovecraft under their belts bring to our tables, and yet none of that could compare with this. Less blood mixed with more smoldering human rage; hardly seen by those close to the eye of the storm; is a true reality we live with and yet fail to identify, understand and deal with until it is too late. This was brilliantly crafted, well presented and is a lesson screaming to be addressed. Thank you.