Cult: Cancelled by CW, Pulled from Schedule

imageThe CW has dropped Cult from the schedule and cancelled plans for future airings. There are six installments left unaired.

The low-rated thriller series was shipped to Fridays after a disappointing premiere and it’s performed dismally there, even for a Friday show.

There’s no word on what will become of the leftover episodes but CW execs supposedly liked what they saw.

Essentially conceding the cancellation, series creator Rockne S. O’Bannon wrote, “#Cult Sadly true. CW Execs once called the last 5 episodes “outstanding”. I guess too outstanding. You are great, SMART fans. Thx to u all!”

Reruns of The Carrie Diaries and Oh Sit!will fill the timeslot for the foreseeable future.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Cult has been cancelled? Would you purchase the show on DVD to see the unaired episodes?

Shylore June 27, 2013 at 2:33 am

I don’t get it?! Was an interesting show. Wish they would at least of given us the other episodes. You can keep Carrie Diaries and the like. Im going back to watching movies and reading. And to find also cancelled Being Human! Loved the UK version best but the US version was awesome too, and V.. The list goes on of the decent shows. Gone.

Nancy May 13, 2013 at 3:13 am

Boo!!! Robert Knepper is the ultimate bad-guy actor. He does creepy like rice does white. Would definitely buy a DVD!! VERY intriguing storyline

am May 11, 2013 at 11:10 am

i’m very disappointed & can only hope that it will become like Firefly…….. another show cancelled mid-season but which gained a HUGE following prompting both release of all episodes, including those un-aired, and a movie.

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 12:14 am

The show had a unique concept. Why cancel when it needed time to find a proper target audience?
Give it another shot or at lets finish what was started.

david powell May 7, 2013 at 12:25 am

I liked the show. Would usually dvr it. Like my dad always said, in America we get rid of good stuff and keep mindless dribble going. V, the gates, cult, reaper, and a few other shows all gone with a chance. SUCKS!!!!!!

Jimmy May 6, 2013 at 8:00 am

I am shocked to see that CW had cancelled this great suspense show, can you contnue to produce another season on DVD, I am sure cult fans would agree with me, or the execs might think of continuing the show, I am sure ratings and sponsors would increase. I would get the DVD’s.

Jen May 4, 2013 at 9:21 am

First secret circle & now cult. Not happy!!!

Anonymous April 30, 2013 at 4:35 am

I also agree with anonymous

Anonymous April 30, 2013 at 4:34 am

Im pissed personally. …I was looking forward to see the rest…and had no idea it was cancelled till just this minute……even if they try a new channel ..or advertise it a little more….or even make it an online show….idc I just want it to continue

JB April 30, 2013 at 12:57 am

Can’t say I’ll miss it. It had a juvenile storyline, tied together with some pretty awful dialogue. I guess the actors did their best with what they had but they turned in some pretty average efforts. I’m sure most of them won’t be putting that show on their CV. The writers should perhaps look to a younger audience for their next effort, maybe the Wiggles are hiring…

Peter April 26, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Sadly, the CW has made another grand error in judgement. Cult was a great show! As one critic said “…bordering on the horrific…” it was, perhaps, too spooky, too intelligent for audiences that will be better satisfied with reruns of mindless sitcoms. It should have been able to run its full season.

Susan April 21, 2013 at 3:05 am

I really liked Cult…hate to see it end and will forever wonder how it all turned out. I would buy the DVD to see the rest of the episodes. Why do I get into a series only to have it cancelled??? Every year its the same thing. It’s almost a waste of time to invest yourself into a series because it always gets pulled with no ending. Depressing.

Susan Ballenger April 20, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I would purchase Cult on dvd if there was closure.

Matyldakr April 20, 2013 at 4:02 am

I really loved it and if it would be on a DVD, I would probably buy it

Anonymous April 20, 2013 at 12:17 am

So sad it was cancelled I really liked it….wish it was back on again or at least the cw should of finished off the season before canceling it….cw you keep doing this and pretty soon nobody will be watching your network cause its not the first time that a show gets cancelled just like that…not good…. people won’t want to watch cause they will be why bother it might get cancelled anyway so why start watching it….totally disappointed

Jimmy May 6, 2013 at 8:03 am