CW 2012-13 Ratings Averages [Week 25]

cw-tv-show-ratingsWeek-to-week gains: Nikita.
Week-to-week losses: The Vampire Diaries, Beauty and the Beast, The Carrie Diaries, 90210, and Cult.

Below are the CW TV show ratings averages as of the end of week 25 of the 2012-13 season (Sunday, March 17, 2013). Ratings are typically the best way to tell if a show will be cancelled or renewed.

Click here to see if there’s a more recent CW list or, to view past lists.

Want more ratings lists like this? Here are other networks:
ABC | CBS | FOX | NBC | HBO | Showtime

Want more info on recent/current/future CW shows? Check our latest CW network status page to see which shows have been cancelled or renewed, how many episodes there are this season, and when shows will be returning or premiering.

The CW
America’s Next Top Model (renewed) 0.5 (0.48) 1.23 cycle 18 ratings
Gossip Girl (ended) 0.5 (0.45) 0.90 season 6 ratings
90210 (cancelled) 0.4 (0.41) 0.84 season 5 ratings
Emily Owens, MD (cancelled) 0.4 (0.37) 1.27 season 1 ratings
Nikita 0.4 (0.36) 1.17 season 3 ratings
Cult 0.3 (0.25) 0.77 season 1 ratings

These charts incorporate the daily final CW show ratings (reported by Nielsen) and are sorted by the 18-49 demographic. Network advertisers typically prize those viewers most and so will pay more to reach them. There’s lots of information that the networks take into consideration when cancelling or renewing a TV series but the ratings are the biggest factor. The higher the ratings, the better chance that the show will be renewed. And yes, they take it into account when a show airs on Friday nights

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the averages? Which show(s) do you feel should be doing better or worse, based on their quality? Comment below.

MARY March 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Love Beauty & The Beast ! one of the best on the CW !!!

Donna March 26, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Please renew Beauty and the Beast, you have a very talented cast, talented writers, and the show just gets better every week. This is one show I tell everyone to watch! It is so good!!!!!

Liesl March 26, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Beauty and the Beast definitely deserves a second season. It has really evolved since the pilot and each episode gets better than the next. No other show has me this hooked and I would sacrifice every tv show if it ensured a second season. I recommend it to anyone who likes romance, drama and suspense. JT(Austin Basis) also bring a humorous side to the show and is a reliable sidekick for Vincent(Beast). The chemistry between Vincent and Catherine is amazing and they really know hot to heat things up!

Hamza March 25, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I really want Cult to have a 2nd seaaon. It’s the best among these shows. It truly deserves another chance

Conni Hall March 25, 2013 at 4:46 am

I think CW needs to renew Beauty and the Beast for a 2 season. The show is doing very good and it is one of my favorites. CW, give the show a chance.

sarah March 24, 2013 at 5:02 am

Beauty amd the Beast! I am such a fan of this show. Actually, I am ADDICTED to this show. This has never happened to me before. I love it. Please keep it going!

CLC March 23, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Love Beauty and Beast – GREAT Show – gets better every week; the chemistry between Catherine and Vincent is fantastic…Look at the rating; its right behind Supernatural.

So many people are fans; there must be 20 Facebook pages for the show; in the States and around the world!

Please give it a second season!!

RAF1 March 22, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Beauty & the Beast is renewed for another season. The concept changed mid-season with bringing in a larger cast and story arcs instead of a different story per episode. I do hope those viewers who started to watch then stopped, re-think their decision and give it another try – the show is definitely improving week by week – so CW should allow another season at a minimum.

There surely has been lots of shows that started off poorly and then improved overtime?

Let’s hope CW sees the potential of B & B and does re-new. I would be annoyed if it isn’t!

Sandi March 22, 2013 at 8:53 pm

The best show in the bunch is definitely beauty and the beast. Love the show so much deserves a second season. Please don’t cancel.

Anonymous March 21, 2013 at 10:56 pm

They better not even for one second think about cancelling Beauty and the Beast or Nikita, these two show are like the best and I’m really invested in both of them. so what ever it is you guys do to determine if a show should stay or not, re-think and re-think again! thank you.