Dads: FOX Cuts Sitcom’s Episodes

Dads episodes cutThe network giveth and the network taketh away. FOX has decided to clip their full season order for their Dads sitcom.

FOX had initially ordered 13 episodes and then gave the low-rated sitcom a full season order, bringing the total to 22 installments. The network’s plans for early 2014 were announced a couple weeks ago and they included Dads leaving the schedule in February, leaving multiple episodes unaired.

Now, FOX says they’ve cut the season order down to 19 installments because they simply don’t have room on the schedule for 22. Still, Dads is FOX’s lowest-rated new sitcom and it seems highly unlikely that the show will see a second season.

New episodes of Dads will start airing on January 7th.

What do you think? Do you like the Dads sitcom? are you surprised by the episode cut?

Alayanna March 5, 2014 at 2:36 am

THIS IS RIDICOULOUS!! I LOVE THIS SHOW DONT CANCEL IT!!! It seems to me FOx wants more dirtier shows. They dont know good tv if it hit them in the ASS

fred george January 22, 2014 at 4:17 pm

best new show on t.v. VERY FUNNY!

scott January 19, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I almost didn’t watch this show, but im glad I did. It is funnier than all the other comedys! It just makes you laugh. If it gets cancelled , I hope tbs or someone picks it up.

GinaV January 16, 2014 at 10:58 am

Said it before and I’ll say it again – this is a FUNNY show. Well written episodes (the “rhythm” and delivery of lines is awesome) the ensemble cast work like they’ve been together much longer than one season. The main issue is the network – it’s surprising they gave the go-ahead for a show so outside their narrow little box (and views – don’t even get me started on that…) Maybe if another network picked it up and gave it proper advertising more people would find this little gem.

patty January 1, 2014 at 8:19 pm

My husband and I rarely watch tv. This is one of few new programs that we actually look forward to watching. I really hope they continue with the program. We are so tired of all the reality shows on now. I have no idea why they are still on the air honestly. I want to relax and have a laugh when I watch tv and Dads is one of those programs that you can relate to. Give it a chance.

George March 20, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I really like this show really sorry to see it go much funnier then a lot of programs on television these days

Al December 10, 2013 at 8:12 am

McFarlane should have used the initial idea as an animated cartoon, would’ve worked better

Hugh December 7, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I really like this show and hope it makes it next season. Watch it before you judge it.

Beaker December 7, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Seth MacFarlane has a lot of clout with Fox…but that wasn’t enough to save this awful thing.

Sharon December 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Beside Bones nothing else is worth watching on Fox. I really liked this show

ellen December 6, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Wow. It is such a poor show. Can someone explain why it wasn’t cancelled after the first few episodes. It is dreadful.