Dads: FOX Sitcom Getting Full Season Order?

Dads TV show on FOXDespite having the lowest ratings on the FOX network, Dads is reportedly close to getting a full season order.

Starring Seth Green, Giovanni Ribisi, Martin Mull, and Peter Riegert, Dads debuted to a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.76 million viewers. The sitcom lost more than 30% of its audience in week two but seems to have stabilized and even show signs of growth.

Last week, FOX’s other new sitcom, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, received a full season order and truthfully isn’t doing much better.

What do you think? Are you hoping that FOX ordered more episodes of Dads? Do you think the show is as bad as some people say it is?

UPDATE: FOX did it.

Tinkerbelle December 4, 2013 at 2:11 am

I love Dads. I laugh out loud every Tuesday. Please do not cancel. Fox remember Married with Children two a while to find it’s target audience. Give it time.

Richard October 30, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I truly think the show deserves more time to settle down. I love Giovanni Ribisi! Be patient!

Diana October 30, 2013 at 11:46 am

I think the show is really funny and well written. Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi have really great comedic timing and the storylines are racy, yet poignant. With so much reality television about dancing, singing, junk in lockers, and bachelors looking for love in the wrong staged places, let’s fight to keep actual entertainment programming with talented actors on the air!

Kate Fredericks October 30, 2013 at 8:29 am

I wonder which FOX network executive is best friends with which actor and which FOX executive’s family really likes this show? When numbers do not support the network renewing or continuing a show, I GUARANTEE it’s for personal reasons! They play with the finances to get the bad show that they like themselves renewed or continued. We think networks belong to us, but they are privately held companies. So, pretty much, as long as they can find the money, the bad show of their choosing can go on interminably and superb shows can get cancelled with far better numbers. Facts of corporate life, which I suppose is still better than the alternative…

Joe October 29, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Finally – a comedy that is actually funny! Amazing!

Rose October 27, 2013 at 8:54 am

I totally agree with what everyone has said so far. This is just an awful program. We tried to watch it twice… both times it was far from a comedy. No, wait, it was a comedy of errors! Martin Mull, what are you doing on this mess?

michael milton October 25, 2013 at 5:34 pm

and yet they couldn’t keep ben and Kate and that show was a lot better than this crap.

Mary D October 25, 2013 at 4:58 pm

If this disaster of a show gets a full season order it just proves that Seth MacFarlane has some kind of choke hold on FOX. I don’t care who the executive producer is, if a show is crap it should be eliminated. I guess standards at FOX aren’t very high.

Tha Critic October 25, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Yet they cancel shows that people like due to bad ratings? FOX no longer has the right to do that if they’re going to give a full season order to a show that not only has bad ratings, but is simply a bad show on its own merit.