Dads: Seth Green TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Dads TV show on FOX canceledTo no surprise, FOX has cancelled Dads, their low-rated freshman sitcom. The comedy ran for 18 episodes, from September 2013 until February 2014.

Dads revolves around two successful video game developers (Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi) whose lives are turned upside down when their fathers (Martin Mull and Peter Riegeret) move in. The rest of the cast includes Brenda Song, Tonita Castro, and Vanessa Lachey.

Despite largely negative reviews, Dads started out strong in the ratings with a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.76 million total viewers. Those positive numbers didn’t last however and the ratings dropped more than 30% in week two — and they kept falling.

There won’t be a second season but at least all of the episodes were broadcast. The same can’t be said for Enlisted, another FOX comedy that has also been cancelled.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Dads has been dropped? Do you think it should have been given a second season?

anon September 1, 2014 at 7:45 am

OH SURE. KEEP GLEE BUT CANCEL SOMETHING GOOD. FOX SUCKS.

Anonymous August 31, 2014 at 1:54 pm

This was my favorite show. I would make any network that brings it back, my favorite!!! Please!!!!

Anonymous August 30, 2014 at 10:08 pm

fox you cunts

me August 29, 2014 at 6:08 am

The idea to cancel this show was s dumb one.

Dub V August 25, 2014 at 10:34 pm

How could they!!!! It was a riot to watch with a very good cast to boot!!!
FOX you will regret this decision DADS was (IS) funny and a Money Maker!

Cassie Vanhorn August 20, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Not accepting this! This is one of the best new comedies I quite a while! Give the series a second season!!!

Darlene August 17, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I can’t believe this show was cancelled. Iv’e been looking for the show to return for another season and when I didn’t see new episodes schedules, I googled dad’s and found out it was cancelled…………..What???? It was hillarious and maybe should be picked up by ABC, NBC or CBS because this show is laugh out load funny………………BRING IT BACK!!!!

Anonymous August 14, 2014 at 2:04 am

Awesome show, I can’t believe not enough people watched it to keep it going when I see so many shit shows going on forever…

rg7cable August 13, 2014 at 9:55 pm

this show was just getting good around the 5th episode and it has a few of my favorite actors in it and FOX had to go an cancel it because the rating where dropping.So many crap shows on now a days and they cancel a good one that could have a good chance of getting better.Hopefully they will come across forums like this one and see how many people really like the show.

Synthia August 12, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Loved Dads. I never saw any advertizing for it. It was an accident that I saw it. I don’t watch alot of television, just a few choice shows because I don’t have time, but this one was funny. Loved the geek guys. (needed a little tweeking with the maid’s lines that were written for her) Otherwise Loved the geek guys and loved Martin…………Give it another chance. I need comedy and I am tired of the “friends” type shows. Geeks Rule!!!!

Fallon August 10, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Funniest show I’ve ever seen. Fox has kept much worse for much longer. I can’t believe this.

Anonymous August 7, 2014 at 8:57 pm

It was a very very very nice Tv show, why them made that?!

Anonymous August 7, 2014 at 11:42 am

first episodes was a bit boring, but on the secon half it was astonishing and great show I’m sad to hear about that :(

Anonymous August 6, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Are you kidding me! This was our very favorite show. So so funny! Very disappointing, Fox. So much crap on but you cancel a great show like this.

Anonymous August 4, 2014 at 7:03 pm

What the hell. Dads was a great show. Cancel a great show like that. What are you people thinking.