Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

9/15 update: How’s this show been performing this season?

Miss Green September 19, 2014 at 11:25 am

Dallas TNT fans, LISTEN UP: We want our show renewed for a 4th Season & beyond! Email your support & request for Dallas TNT to be renewed to: info-tnt@turner.com
I have sent an email & it was well received. Believe me, TNT is listening & want to hear
from the fans. Dallas TNT Fans Unite!

Sharon September 18, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I LOVE THE NEW DALLAS & WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH….PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT!! DALLAS HAS A FOLLOWING WHO HAVE WATCHED BOTH THE ‘NEW’ & OLD DALLAS SERIES’! PLEASE KEEP US IN MIND WHEN DECIDING TO KEEP THE SHOW ON TNT AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU WILL GO BACK TO THE OLD DALLAS’ FIRST 5 SEASONS, YOU’LL SEE THAT AFTER JOCK EWING(JIM DAVIS) DIED, THE SHOW LOST VIEWERS, BUT QUICKLY CAME BACK TO THE SHOW. PLEASE, PLEASE, GIVE THE ‘NEW’ DALLAS A CHANCE!!

patricia sexton September 18, 2014 at 7:18 pm

YES, YES, YES, I WANT TO KEEP IT ON THE AIR, MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ALSO WANT IT TO STAY ON. MY SON AND I TALK THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE SHOW, AND TRY TO DECIDE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT WEEK.
WE THINK THE WRITERS HAVE DONE A TERRIFIC JOB IN KEEPING UP THE SUSPENSE, EVEN, YES, WITHOUT JR.
I HEAR THE MUSIC AND IT BRINGS BACK SO MANY MEMORIES. THE SHOW IS GREAT AND SO MUCH BETTER THAN ALL THESE TALENT SHOWS, PEOPLE MUST BE GETTING TIRED OF THEM!!! WHEN AMERICA’S GOT TALENT FIRST STARTED, IT WAS GOOD, BUT NOW EVERYONE HAS FOLLOWED, IT’S ALL GETTING BORIING!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW GOING, BESIDES, THESE BAD BOYS ARE SOOOO GOOD LOOKING. : )

Christine September 18, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Renewed

Frank September 18, 2014 at 11:43 pm

On a different note, anybody care to guess which Ewing dies in the season finale?
I am leaning towards one of the Ewings that make a rare appearance like Lucy or Gary.
I am curious to get other folks guess and how they arrived at their conclusion.

Lorraine September 17, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I love Dallas. I have been watching since 1978 when it started. I was so happy to see the show comeback. I think it should be renued.

Lisa Hull September 17, 2014 at 7:19 pm

It should be renewed!!!! Too good of a show to be cancelled. I loved to watch the old Dallas as much as I love to watch the new Dallas! I think the ratings would be much higher if Dallas were not on during Monday night football. Although, I don’t watch football I know it would get a lot more viewers on a different night.

patricia sexton September 18, 2014 at 7:21 pm

THIS IS TRUE.

wakeen September 17, 2014 at 5:17 pm

It should be renewed and stop this Mexico drug cartel storyline and get back to basics with USA back stabbing “earl” deals with other oil companies. Move it to Wednesdays from May-September as well and bring Ray and Donna in for a story arc.

Jen September 17, 2014 at 11:33 pm

I agree 100 percent! The show is best when it has more of a glamorous backdrop, instead of the “Silence of the Lambs” feel that it has taken on lately. It feels very dark and that is very disappointing. I have watched this show since the early 80’s, and have not missed an episode of the most recent seasons. However, as much as I love the show and the current cast, I will not be watching the rest of this season for the reasons above.

Stephanie September 17, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I LOVE DALLAS. I USED TO WATCH THE OLD DALLAS AND THIS SHOW IS EQUALLY AS GOOD. PLEEASE, PLEASE BRING US SEASON FOUR. I LOVE THE BALD GUY AND HIS MOTHER, JUDITH LIGHT IS A FANTASTIC ACTRESS, MORE OF THEM PLEASE!!!