Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Liza August 29, 2014 at 3:51 am

Love the show! Keeps me wanting to see more every week. Can’t wait for Mondays to watch! Please don’t cancel. The actors are superb and the story lines are very interesting.
I also love seeing the original cast members of the old Dallas TV show. It would be really great if Pamela (Victoria Principal) came back.

Glyn James Davies August 28, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Love the new Dallas, needs to stay period, great story line and plot.

Marsola Esaw August 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I think Dallas is a great show. TNT !!! No more Threesomes!!! Dallas is known for their class. Keep that in mind. And please change the day, Monday night sucks. Friday nights at 9:00pm is much better. O!! and a tip John Ross needs to change his name for the season 4. TNT!!! We need JR!! Get it!!!

Betty Riley August 28, 2014 at 8:31 am

I really like Dallas. Of course it’s not as good as it would be with JR but it’s the next best thing. If it is not renewed, maybe they can have a reunion to end all storylines. Please do not cancel Dallas!

JR August 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm

This 2nd part of Season 3 is actually better than the 1st! In the Spring, there seemed to be a lack of semblance and things were a little scatterbrained — maybe too dense with too many side storylines going on all at once. This past Monday, August 25th, was SPELLBINDING! In fact it was stronger than the August 18th premiere.

I think the show will be renewed. Looking at ratings across TV land, Dallas is really only trumped by sports, Family Guy reruns, BB Theory, and Real Housewhores of Whatever. If the program had fewer than 1 million viewers, they’d be in trouble. I think it will stick around.

Rosemary Murphy August 27, 2014 at 12:57 pm

L O V E! Dallas ! Have followed the show from years back. This season is just as exciting as ever.
PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!

David Michaels August 27, 2014 at 11:16 am

TNT airs the show several times during the week, so the numbers can be a little misleading. I live in the eastern time zone and I DVR the show to watch at a later time, but I never miss it. The show is hitting its stride. The writing is solid and the actors are excellent. TNT should commit to the show for two seasons to let things develop. This year-by-year renewal hurts the show. PLEASE KEEP DALLAS!!

Nicholas August 27, 2014 at 3:02 am

Please do not cancel the show I absolutely love the characters and story lines. I feel it should not be on a Monday night.

Wayne August 26, 2014 at 6:31 pm

The live ratings are low. I would encourage everyone that reads the post here, if you want a 4th season email TNT and let then know…the more fan input the better…Email: michael.wright@turner.com

Morgan August 25, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I love Dallas!!! When season 1 came out my husband and I ordered all of the original episodes. Watching those made us love and respect the show even more. I think that canceling the show would be crazy. TNT needs to bring back some more of the original cast. Ray? Lucy? Bobby’s Daughter?? What ever happened to her? There are so many stories left open from the original series that TNT could bring back to life. If they did this it would make the original viewers of Dallas want to watch today’s Dallas.
Josh Henderson is a great actor and is making Larry Hagman smile down on him!!
Everyone keep watching!!!

Terri August 26, 2014 at 8:55 am

Well said! I love this show.

Maribeth August 25, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Needs to be cancelled. The ratings are not holding up. Nothing like the original.

charlotte August 25, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I really love this show, but to many questions are left unanswered. First Miss Ellie is dead, how? Why was miss Ellie killed off? I think the ratings would be much higher if she came back. Also i think southfork looks different, why is the original staircase missing? I think this show should be back for season 4 if only to answer these questions. I would like to see Katherine Wentworth back. Where is she at? Why does Lucy only appear with Ray? I think also it would be great to have Sue Ellen be pregnant. Linda Gray could really pull this one off. She is the best reason to watch right now. Having a little brother for John Ross to fued with would be fun. All in all i am satisfied with the direction of the show. I just wish some storylines were tied up.

Cindy August 26, 2014 at 12:28 am

Miss Ellie was not killed off the show, she died in real life. Sue Ellen is pretty much past her child bearing days.

robby August 26, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Charlotte I don’t know how miss Ellie died. They had to come up with something because barbrah bel Geddes passed away in 2003 or 2004 so they had to explain that miss Ellie had died in 2001 I think the should explain her death

Anonymous August 25, 2014 at 11:11 am

p-l-e-a-se dont cancel the show the actors are pristine ans 5he plot actually has some real meat 2 it for the love of god dont take away my generations chance 2 be fired up about dallas…ive actually been able to bond with my ‘baby boomer’ gen. parents..do not cancel ‘my show’ lol i watch falling skoies and the last ship but ill stop if my dallas goes belly up.

Maurine Montag August 24, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I love the show, both the original and the new. Hear a lot about having to watch it live to be able to be “counted”. I can’t due to the fact that I, like thousands of Americans, have to work at night. So I DVr it and watch when I can. I wish they would change the system so hard working people like myself that have no choice but to DVr a show won’t have one of the best tv shows EVER get cancelled.

vince August 24, 2014 at 10:26 pm

I read some talk about having to watch Dallas live in order for it to be “counted.” Actually, watching it within 3-7 days will show the network that there is still interest in the show. However, I believe if it’s after seven days, it won’t be “counted.” This was passed along to me by a Redbox senior officer.