Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Jay April 7, 2014 at 8:29 am

I watched every single episode of the original and feel that this version, while fun to watch, especially when the original cast members stop by, is very lacking in its writing. Way too many twists and turns to the point that who knows who is good and who is evil from week to week. I mean turning Ryland into a CIA informant? Really??
At any rate, I do look forward to it each week and wish that it was taken more seriously by TNT than just leaving it as a sort of afterthought in their programming. 16 shows a season, with 4 months splitting up this season? Come on now. How does anyone think that it has a chance of gaining viewership by splitting 16 shows up like they are doing?

Gregg April 7, 2014 at 1:12 am

I am a very big fan of this show, a few boo boos in the history of the writing, but your viewers are waiting for the show to take it to a high that is not going to happen with new cast, plus you have all of the spin off from Knots Landing ie you have Gary s twins, Bobby – Betsy, Abby Ewing ” Donna Mills , – the lead viewers want to keep some of that twist going and you could use some of them as well in the mix of things to grab a lot of followers, which watch both shows. Which will bring more newer and younger viewers as well! It is some of the best I have seen on TNT, it is Iconic and you all have really done a great job in keeping to the past, no slips, and lets face it the first season with out JR, would be the hardest to follow ,, use the history more, and for god sake fix the set of southfork, it looks like a cheep Plano home and dose not follow the history very well, for god sake, its the Ewing’s . Please Please keep going , it will grab more old and new viewers, I know it. Don’t give up yet, Just look what happen the first time 2 great 14 year running shows, dig up some of the twist, from both and double you numbers….

Wayne April 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Best show on TV.

****** EVERYONE who reads this needs to write to the head of TNT programming and show your support and asked for a 4th season. The rating are not the best this year. The show is just now beginning to feel like the original. Write to Michael Wright at:

michael.wright@tnt.com

SAVE DALLAS!!!

Thomas Williams April 4, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I love this show but the wheels have fallen off this season. The biggest problem is John Ross and Pamela getting married they should be arch enemies with dueling companies battling each other. Another problem is the Ewings don’t have a consistent rival.Finally I am sick of the storyline of drilling on
Southfork.This has been going on since the opening scene in season 1, it needs to be resolved.

Debbie c April 4, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Love this show. Please renew.

jr yoo wing April 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Dallas is a great show with a breath of fresh air as opposed to the other garbage on tv. It belongs on Wednesday nights, not Mondays, and will do better August 18 when part 2 of season 3 picks up where it left off. I want less emphasis on Mexican themed drug cartels and more emphasis on oil deals with other companies. Infighting amongst the Ewings is too much now. They need Westar oil back and more time with Ray Krebs and Gary as well.

ron schneider April 3, 2014 at 4:45 pm

don’t know what you mean of my extended comment and suggestions but just renew DALLAS IF NOT ON TNT ON ABC BACK TO BACK WITH RIZOLLI AND TAKE DWTS THAT HAS OUT LIVED ITSELF IS THAT SHORT ENOUGH .DONT P-SS OFF THE BABY BOOMERS WHO MADE TV WHAT IT USES TOO BE

ron schneider April 3, 2014 at 4:31 pm

I am truly disappointed that there are only 2 more show this season . I thought there was going too be 15′ It was my favorite show of all time in the eightys and I was beyond happy when the old and new generations returned .Everyone misses LH but the writers have done a 5 star job . THE SHOW IS STILL GREAT ,please keep it going , lousy sitcoms, sick reality shows are destroying whats left of of TV .IF YOU WANT HIRE RATINGS AND MORE VIEWERS PUT IT ABC AND TAKE OFF THE TRASH. DWTS HAS OUT LIVED ITSELF .PUT DALLAS AND RIZOLLI BACK TO BACK THE RATINGS WILL GO THROUGH THE ROOF ON MONDAY PRIME TIME PS GET SUE ELLEN OUT OF THE DRINGING MODE AND THE MENTAL HOSPITAL . SHE STILL HOT AND I LOVE HER WHEN SHE IS SMART POWERFUL AND HELPING TO BURY JOHN ROSS .AGAIN DONT TAKE DALLAS AWAY FROM THE REAL TV VIEWERS THE BABY BOOMERS.WE WILL BE REALLY P -SSED

jr yoo wing April 8, 2014 at 6:50 pm

There will be 7 more episodes starting August 18 to watch the second half of the season.

Colleen W. April 3, 2014 at 8:33 am

I really enjoy the “new” Dallas. I do not like that so many new characters have been added or continue to be added. I would rather see the current or recurring characters develop or be more fully explored. Give the characters time to develop and grow.

Michael Gunner April 3, 2014 at 5:26 am

GREAT SERIES!!! LUV IT!!!

LaDonna Mills April 3, 2014 at 2:27 am

I love it!! Please renew it. Maybe some original characters and a litte more marketing of actors such a Judith ..but it is AWESOME!!!!

Wayne April 5, 2014 at 8:15 pm

write to the head of TNT programming and show your support and asked for a 4th season. Write to Michael Wright at:

michael.wright@tnt.com

AlaskanPrincess April 2, 2014 at 6:07 pm

The ‘new’ Dallas has taken us to new levels of treachery – and added more intrigue to the
Barnes-Ewing feud. When Cliff was arrested for J.R.’s death – who didn’t hear the echo of his protestations of innocence “I did NOT shoot J.R.” “I didn’t do it” and flash back to the “Who Shot J.R.” (original Dallas) cliff-hanger episode when he just as loudly proclaimed his innocence. [Original Dallas viewers will remember Sue Ellen's sister, Kristin, was the real culprit. ]
And who doesn’t see the echoes of the past of the marriage of Pam Barnes to Bobby Ewing…to the current marriage between Pamela Rebecca Barnes & John Ross Ewing?
At this point, I wonder if this Pam knows her father was ‘framed’ before – and if it’s even crossed her mind (despite all the ‘evidence’) that he’s innocent? Once she finds out about John Ross’ dalliances – well, the phrase “Hell hath no fury…” comes to mind.
Add the ‘new’ characters: Elena Ramos…..Nicholas Trevino….Drew Ramos….Emma Brown….Judith Brown Ryland….Harrison Ryland – and now the emergence of the grandson of Carter McCay (who initiated the range war on the original Dallas) – who will he side with, and for how long??? Nicholas Trevino – [Juan Pablo Di Pace] a superb actor – this series is really fortunate to have him.
IF this show ‘fails’ it will be the fault of TNT. Period. We can’t change the approach the writers took, but we’ve made it through 3 seasons now – and it seems the show has really found its footing. IMHO TNT’s promotion of this show has been lacking, changing nights hasn’t helped, and what – 10 episodes to a season?? (WT????) So, the fans waited almost 10 months for only 2 months of shows???
This should be a blockbuster series. TNT – PROMOTE this incredible series! Give us a full season – and show it on the night that will give it the best chance of surviving. [and remember, with recorders, and other ways to view, fans don’t always have to watch the shows ‘when they air.’

Angela W. April 6, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Alaskan Princess I agree with every word you said. DITTO DITTO DITTO! You and I are on the same page. I agree, that there should be way more hype for our favorite show. Thank you for a wonderful comment. You go girl!

sheila April 2, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I would like to see Punk and Mavis Anderson come back. I would like to see Jenna Wade, (Morgan Fairchild). I think the show should bring back some original characters. I think the character of Elaina would be better suited for an actress such as Catherine Zeta Jones or Connie Seleca. I love this show and hope it continues.

Nancy Langford April 2, 2014 at 1:06 am

Please do not cancel Dallas. It’s my favorite program ever to watch. I look forward to Monday Nights to watch my Dallas. I want to see a 4th Season of Dallas

Wayne April 5, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Write to the head of TNT programming and show your support and asked for a 4th season. Write to Michael Wright at:

michael.wright@tnt.com

SAVE DALLAS!!!

Ray W April 1, 2014 at 4:08 am

“Dallas” is a great show with very talented actors. I’m not sure Monday nights is the best time for it, however. I look forward to Season four and beyond!