Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

9/15 update: How’s this show been performing this season?

Glenn April 28, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Please renew DALLAS

Glenn April 28, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I love the new DALLAS.

Glenn April 28, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Bring back Victoria Principal, Pricilla Presely and more original cast!!!!!! I LOVE the new Dallas:))))))) xoxoxoxo

Glenn April 28, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Please renew Dallas. My grandmother and I watched all 14 years of the original show :-) and since her passing I watch the NEW series. It brings me and my family such joy the ewings back on tv. PLEASE make my MEMAS wish come true . RENEW DALLAS!!!!!!! I beg of you!!! Many people watch this shoe:))))))) Glenn

PETER DONA April 22, 2014 at 5:48 pm

THE SERIES NEVER FULLY RECOVERED WHEN JIM DAVIS DIED BUT LARRY HAGMAN WAS DALLAS AND WHILE WE HAD HIM DALLAS LIVED. WITHOUT HIM IT TRIES VERY HARD BUT NOBODY COULD REPLACE A FORCE LIKE HAGMAN.
I THINK IT’S TIME TO SEND DALLAS INTO THE SUNSET WITH A PROPER ENDING. MOVE BACK GARY AND VAL. HE WAS THE ORIGINAL FORMAN AND LOVED SOUTHFORK THE MOST. MISS ELLIE CALLED GARY A SOUTHWORTH AMONG EWINGS. HE AND BOBBY CAN RUN THE RANCH LIKE WHEN THEY WERE KIDS. HE ONLY LEFT BECAUSE OF JOCK AND J.R.
THE BOYS CAN RECLAIM THE EWING OIL COMPANY FROM EWING GLOBAL, HANG UP JOCK AND J.R.’S PICTURES IN THE OFFICE AND EVERYBODY RIDES OFF INTO THE SUNSET. LOSE THESE NEW BORING CHARACTERS AND BRING BACK EVERYBODY AND NOT FOR A 10 SECOND CAMEO.

Anonymous April 28, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I love the new Dallas and so do many many of my family and friends. My grandmother and I watched all 14 seasons of the original show and since her passing in 1990 I watch the new Dallas with her in mind with such a blessing on me!!!! Please don’t cancel Dallas I live for this show:) Bring back Victoria Principal Love Glenn Magdits. Long Island

patti boelke April 22, 2014 at 2:32 am

I love watching dallas can not waite for more to come good job.

jr yoo wing April 21, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Show is excellent but Bobby is under utilized and enough with a drunk Sue Ellen already. Been there, done that. The threesome was not expected so the shock value worked. Christopher’s girlfriend’s face is screwed up. Unload her character. Enough drug lords. Dallas is and will always be about Black Gold, aka Texas Tea, so get the pots revolving totally around energy companies back room dealing. Enough with Judith too. Get Ray Krebs more involved. Put it on Wednesday nights as well.

Colleen W. April 22, 2014 at 1:52 am

I so totally agree that enough with all the drug lords and cartels. Get back to what the show is all about –OIL! In this day and age that should provide enough material for the show for years. And I agree that enough is enough of a drunk Sue Ellen– I am a fan of hers for being strong and able to overcome-don’t drop her back into the same old, same old. You had her going in the right direction when she became more involved with the company business. Let’s keep it that way. As for the “boys”, John Ross and Christopher, there are just too many girls/affairs too soon. When does anyone get any real work done when they are always in bed with someone? This is how “Dynasty” lost out–by getting too branched out with too many story lines. Keep the show but sharpen up the writers!

BARB April 19, 2014 at 8:41 pm

CHRISTIPHER NO TV CHEMISTRY WITH ANNA LYNN MCORD BORING EMMA JR AND PSMELA WAS DISQUSTING BOY WERE THEY DESPERATE BRING ON JUDITH LIGHT

Angela W. April 21, 2014 at 10:51 am

I totally agree with you. This chick has too many issues with her personal life. I also did not like the threesome with Pamela, Emma & JR. I am kinda sick of Emma, her plot line is wearing on me, same old same old. I really love Judith Light’s character. I will continue to be a loyal viewer, but I hope the storylines get better.

drivankipling April 18, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I want Dallas to go on for years to come but I’m disappointed in Cynthia Cidre’s ‘vision’ so far this season. I hope TNT sticks with the series but it seems to CC needs some help at the helm.

Charlene April 19, 2014 at 9:36 am

Yes! I do agree. Hopefully, the show will be back for a fourth season. I want them to go into the old direction as the original Dallas was back in the day of stress free life.

Thanks.

Marcia April 18, 2014 at 10:47 am

I loved the season finale and am looking forward to seeing more in August.

diane April 17, 2014 at 10:22 pm

HOPEFULLY RENEWED!!

Charlene April 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I thought the ending of the mid-season finale, could use a little work. But, all in all, not bad.

Hopefully, The summer shows will be interesting.

Thanks.

Steve Holsten April 16, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I can’t wait for the 2nd half of this season. They hit a home run on this cliffhanger!

Anonymous April 16, 2014 at 11:51 am

what happened on Friday’s finale was disgusting. I don’t think I will be watching next season. That did it for me. The writers could have had anything happen but that with John Ross, Emma, and Pamela. I am a true fan, but that put the icing on the cake for me. I’ve had it with this show.

niles caldwell April 16, 2014 at 10:50 am

Great show. Watch it over networkl tv. Hope they get renewed for season 4.

Bobby Waddell April 15, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Best show ever!!!!!!!!

carmen fanzone April 15, 2014 at 9:25 am

It had better improve in story content AND ratings quickly or it’ll be history. Not cutting mustard at all. KILL SOME CHARACTERS OFF FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.