Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.92 million total viewers.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Update: TNT has cancelled Dallas after three seasons. Details here.

Canceled and renewed TV show

649 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Please renew Dallas. My grandmother and I watched all 14 years of the original show :-) and since her passing I watch the NEW series. It brings me and my family such joy the ewings back on tv. PLEASE make my MEMAS wish come true . RENEW DALLAS!!!!!!! I beg of you!!! Many people watch this shoe:))))))) Glenn

2. PETER DONA says

THE SERIES NEVER FULLY RECOVERED WHEN JIM DAVIS DIED BUT LARRY HAGMAN WAS DALLAS AND WHILE WE HAD HIM DALLAS LIVED. WITHOUT HIM IT TRIES VERY HARD BUT NOBODY COULD REPLACE A FORCE LIKE HAGMAN.
    I THINK IT’S TIME TO SEND DALLAS INTO THE SUNSET WITH A PROPER ENDING. MOVE BACK GARY AND VAL. HE WAS THE ORIGINAL FORMAN AND LOVED SOUTHFORK THE MOST. MISS ELLIE CALLED GARY A SOUTHWORTH AMONG EWINGS. HE AND BOBBY CAN RUN THE RANCH LIKE WHEN THEY WERE KIDS. HE ONLY LEFT BECAUSE OF JOCK AND J.R.
    THE BOYS CAN RECLAIM THE EWING OIL COMPANY FROM EWING GLOBAL, HANG UP JOCK AND J.R.’S PICTURES IN THE OFFICE AND EVERYBODY RIDES OFF INTO THE SUNSET. LOSE THESE NEW BORING CHARACTERS AND BRING BACK EVERYBODY AND NOT FOR A 10 SECOND CAMEO.

• Anonymous says

I love the new Dallas and so do many many of my family and friends. My grandmother and I watched all 14 seasons of the original show and since her passing in 1990 I watch the new Dallas with her in mind with such a blessing on me!!!! Please don’t cancel Dallas I live for this show:) Bring back Victoria Principal Love Glenn Magdits. Long Island

3. jr yoo wing says

Show is excellent but Bobby is under utilized and enough with a drunk Sue Ellen already. Been there, done that. The threesome was not expected so the shock value worked. Christopher’s girlfriend’s face is screwed up. Unload her character. Enough drug lords. Dallas is and will always be about Black Gold, aka Texas Tea, so get the pots revolving totally around energy companies back room dealing. Enough with Judith too. Get Ray Krebs more involved. Put it on Wednesday nights as well.

• Colleen W. says

I so totally agree that enough with all the drug lords and cartels. Get back to what the show is all about –OIL! In this day and age that should provide enough material for the show for years. And I agree that enough is enough of a drunk Sue Ellen– I am a fan of hers for being strong and able to overcome-don’t drop her back into the same old, same old. You had her going in the right direction when she became more involved with the company business. Let’s keep it that way. As for the “boys”, John Ross and Christopher, there are just too many girls/affairs too soon. When does anyone get any real work done when they are always in bed with someone? This is how “Dynasty” lost out–by getting too branched out with too many story lines. Keep the show but sharpen up the writers!

4. BARB says

CHRISTIPHER NO TV CHEMISTRY WITH ANNA LYNN MCORD BORING EMMA JR AND PSMELA WAS DISQUSTING BOY WERE THEY DESPERATE BRING ON JUDITH LIGHT

• says

I totally agree with you. This chick has too many issues with her personal life. I also did not like the threesome with Pamela, Emma & JR. I am kinda sick of Emma, her plot line is wearing on me, same old same old. I really love Judith Light’s character. I will continue to be a loyal viewer, but I hope the storylines get better.

5. drivankipling says

I want Dallas to go on for years to come but I’m disappointed in Cynthia Cidre’s ‘vision’ so far this season. I hope TNT sticks with the series but it seems to CC needs some help at the helm.

• Charlene says

Yes! I do agree. Hopefully, the show will be back for a fourth season. I want them to go into the old direction as the original Dallas was back in the day of stress free life.

Thanks.

• Charlene says

I thought the ending of the mid-season finale, could use a little work. But, all in all, not bad.

Hopefully, The summer shows will be interesting.

Thanks.

6. Anonymous says

what happened on Friday’s finale was disgusting. I don’t think I will be watching next season. That did it for me. The writers could have had anything happen but that with John Ross, Emma, and Pamela. I am a true fan, but that put the icing on the cake for me. I’ve had it with this show.