Dallas: Season Three Ratings

Dallas on TNT: cancel or renew?This will be the first full season of Dallas without Larry Hagman’s JR Ewing. Can the cast and producers continue to draw viewers and solid ratings without their quintessential bad guy? Will the new Dallas be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned to find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Dallas continues to follow the machinations of the dysfunctional and powerful Ewing clan. The cast includes Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Juan Pablo Di Pace.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.92 million total viewers.

Reference point: The second season of the new Dallas averaged a 0.8 demo rating and 2.67 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Dallas series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Update: TNT has cancelled Dallas after three seasons. Details here.

brittney August 23, 2014 at 9:37 pm

i hope they will renewed Dallas for season 4 i love this show i watched every Monday i don’t miss it i love watching Josh Ross and Christoper i used to watch the old Dallas with my mom please tnt renewed it for a another season

Rose Murphy August 23, 2014 at 9:52 am

LOVE!!! The show. DON’T YOU DARE CANCEL!!!
Each generation has its faithful followers!!
LOVE ~Mitch Pileggi, Judith Light and more!!

cindy shaft August 21, 2014 at 9:26 am

This is the best show on TV. Great acting and writing. Dallas need to come back for a 4th season and many more as long as the writing is great. I only watch 5 tv shows a week and this is by far the best!

Dany Trang August 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!!
The new “Dallas” is clearly the best show on
television with the best writing AND fantastic
actors. Please renew this show for many more
Seasons!!

Heather August 19, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I hope they bring back Dallas and I really like it a lot.

wayne August 19, 2014 at 9:39 pm

With these ratings it is hard to believe it will be renewed. Most of us are not part of the nielsen ratings. EMAIL TNT and ask them to renew this show for another season, it has it loyal viewers. Email: Michael.Wright@turner.com

Jason August 19, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I agree! I love this show and want to see more. I will be emailing TNT myself.

Matt August 19, 2014 at 3:44 pm

This show is my favorite on tv. I love the fact it’s a continuation and not a stupid reboot. Def bring back for season 4 and many more.

Mary Ann August 18, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Yes to another renewal of Dallas. Here in Texas it has dedicated fan that love each weeks show. We watch the original and now are enjoying the next generation.

Mary Lowery August 10, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I love this show and it shouldn’t be cancelled. The viewers are loyal and that should speak volunes!

ira August 5, 2014 at 6:14 am

I believe the series would end if Bobby & Sue Ellen were pulled . it would NOT be dallas with out them. I love the new show but would stop watching it for sure if they were gone. also cliff barns has to stay. this is not a reboot with out these guys it would basically just be a different show. Get rid of them and its over. They actually need a few more members of the old cast to join up. Together with the great new actors and the cast from the past this could make huge television history and be a great success for tnt.

Val July 22, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Love the show! Keep it coming! Bring back old cast members for even better show especially Bobby’s love interests!

Wayne July 20, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Everyone who reads this…email the head of TNT programming and ask for a 4th season and also watch the show LIVE when it returns to get ratings. Write to Michael.Wright@turner.com

Marrisa July 10, 2014 at 9:44 pm

I would Love to see a season 4. However I would like to see Sue Ellen gone along with Bobby. They are way to old to be on the show. I would love to have more family episodes. I’m aware that miss ellie as passed away, but Jocks body was never recovered from the crash in the swamp. Maybe a new actor could play the part since jim davis has passed. I would love to see the character of Jock back as he battles with his grandson over controll of the business . I would also like to see Jenna Wade portrayed by Lisa Marie Pressley. I love this show so much. It shows a true view into the lives of the middle class americans. The show has such great moral beliefs that are lost in a lot of network programming. Can’t wait for the show to start back in august

Steve Holsten July 10, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I believe the series would end if Bobby & Sue Ellen were pulled just because of their ages. I’ll bet you’d be in a big hurry to put your parents in a nursing home too.

Anonymous July 15, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Good moral beliefs? Middle class America? What’s the matter with you? Jock Ewing would too old, besides there is no one that can play the role like Jim Davis. They tried that 30 years ago and it failed.

Steve Visek July 16, 2014 at 11:32 am

FYI, Jock would be 105!

Frank July 30, 2014 at 3:54 pm

You make no sense. Sue Ellen and Bobby are too old but you want Jock to come back? Sue Ellen is now the heart of the show.

sid August 11, 2014 at 10:36 pm

You DO realize Jock Ewing was 70 or so at time of his death and would be over 100 years old now? Ellie was a few years younger but not by much. So no, Jock wouldnt be an option. Only battle hed be doing is to see how fast he could eat prunes

Maribeth August 25, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I agree they are too old. Jock would be even older. I think Victoria Principal would be a good actress to portray Jenna Wade. Considering she doesnt want to play Pam anymore.

Rita Hooten July 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Dallas should be renewed for a 4th season. I watched the original and also the movies that followed. I like the new one just as well and though it is sad that Larry Hagman died, he wasn’t in the new one that much and with his advanced age would have not been as scheming or womanizing as he was in the original. May he rest in peace.

tdjenkins July 5, 2014 at 6:41 am

I agree, please renew dallas for a fourth season. It is one of my few favorite tv shows that i am currently watching. The original version was great, and this version is equally so. TNT needs to continue to run with this series for as long as possible.

Charlene July 5, 2014 at 11:36 am

Yes! I could not agree more. I hope Dallas is coming back for a 4th season. It is the best reboot EVER. Let us keep supporting our Dallas.

I love the this show. Please keep lobbing and Dallas will continue.