Dallas: Should the TNT Series Be Renewed for Season Three?

Dallas cancel or renewed for season 3?This evening, TNT airs the final two episodes of Dallas’ second season and, unlike the price of oil, the ratings have been down. Will the TV series return for a third season or will it be cancelled instead?

The new Dallas picks up several years after the original show ended. Time has passed but the Ewings and the Barnes are still at each others’ throats. And, though Larry Hagman passed away, there’s still plenty of drama at Southfork. The cast includes Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Judith Light.

Last season, the new Dallas was one of TNT’s most-watched dramas, averaging 4.42 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

This time around, the ratings weren’t so hot. The second season has averaged 2.64 million with a 0.8 demo rating. The numbers spiked for the JR Ewing funeral episode but they went back down the following week.

While the ratings admittedly haven’t been as strong this time around, Dallas is still TNT’s best performing show right now. Both Monday Mornings and Southland have only been averaging about 1.4 million viewers.

The cable channel also knows that the show is facing a lot more competition at this time of year — compared to when the first season aired last summer.

While TNT hasn’t cancelled or renewed Dallas yet, it seems very likely that the Ewings will return for another round of in-fighting and deception.

What do you think? Would you like to see Dallas return? Is the show as enjoyable as it once was? Should TNT move it back to summer?

virginia April 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Please bring Dallas back for a Third Season. I love it very much. I like the whole new gangs

Marilee April 20, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Yes, bring it back for another season. It is the best show on TV! I look forward to the start of Season 3.

Gipper-fl April 20, 2013 at 9:07 am

Keep keep keep!!! Love it. Needs better marketing. I had no idea it was even on til anfew months ago.

Krissy April 20, 2013 at 8:28 am

PLEASE PLEASE! PLEASE! We NEEEEED a season three, four, five….. My parents, who were Dallas loyal in the original series, are even addicted again! I LOVE this show, I LOVE the characters, I LOVE the cast! PLEASE, don’t take this away from us addicts! Unless you plan on offering therapy sessions with Josh Henderson, you really might want to renew and keep going! I haven’t been this addicted to a show in a LONG time!

Colette April 20, 2013 at 1:38 am

The New Dallas is a keeper! Must have third season and beyond.

Staci April 20, 2013 at 1:25 am

Love it please bring season 3

Benita April 20, 2013 at 1:08 am

Yes bring it back there’s not much else on TV anymore that we can enjoy And yes move it back to the summer that would be great

jen April 20, 2013 at 12:02 am

Please renew. I love John Ross and Pamela relationship. I can’t wait to see how she deals with John Ross cheating….

scott April 19, 2013 at 11:49 pm

it should be renewed i been a fan of dallas since it 1st started in the later 1970s and i was only 6 years old then and was super excited to see it back and now its over? please renew it again.

Mark Misita April 19, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Bring back the Ewings…all time favorite show…even my teenagers are into it now

Leigh April 19, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Please, don’t cancel!!! Love it!!!

Nicole April 19, 2013 at 11:15 pm

They better bring it back for a third season or I would be very disappointed! This is the best show on TV right now! It’s certainly a lot better than anything else on TV now! If people aren’t watching then they are idiots then and don’t know what they are missing. Please do not cancel this show! It’s the best ever and the only show I even watch right now other than reality competition shows. Please bring it back! Over 2 million is plenty of viewers! Plus a lot of people DVR it these days. Are they even counting those people? I never watch it till later b/c I always haft to record it. Also, one reason the viewers might be down is b/c they moved it to Monday nights when other big shows such as Dancing With the Stars,The Voice and several other shows are also on. They need to move it to Thursday or Friday nights and I can almost guarantee that viewer number would go way up!

pumpkin April 19, 2013 at 10:58 pm

yes please do bring back dallas for summer dont cancel pleaae give dallas a third season

Joe April 19, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Love the show! Give “Dallas” a Third Season!!!

Laura April 19, 2013 at 10:36 pm

We made it through an entire year with only a one minute promo, so we can make it through however long we need to for next season! Forget network television, DALLAS is my main Monday night show. I need my weekly dose of the EWINGS, especially Ann, Bobby, and Sue Ellen.