Dallas: Should the TNT Series Be Renewed for Season Three?

Dallas cancel or renewed for season 3?This evening, TNT airs the final two episodes of Dallas’ second season and, unlike the price of oil, the ratings have been down. Will the TV series return for a third season or will it be cancelled instead?

The new Dallas picks up several years after the original show ended. Time has passed but the Ewings and the Barnes are still at each others’ throats. And, though Larry Hagman passed away, there’s still plenty of drama at Southfork. The cast includes Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Judith Light.

Last season, the new Dallas was one of TNT’s most-watched dramas, averaging 4.42 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

This time around, the ratings weren’t so hot. The second season has averaged 2.64 million with a 0.8 demo rating. The numbers spiked for the JR Ewing funeral episode but they went back down the following week.

While the ratings admittedly haven’t been as strong this time around, Dallas is still TNT’s best performing show right now. Both Monday Mornings and Southland have only been averaging about 1.4 million viewers.

The cable channel also knows that the show is facing a lot more competition at this time of year — compared to when the first season aired last summer.

While TNT hasn’t cancelled or renewed Dallas yet, it seems very likely that the Ewings will return for another round of in-fighting and deception.

What do you think? Would you like to see Dallas return? Is the show as enjoyable as it once was? Should TNT move it back to summer?

Rhonda Collins September 9, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Lynnie Kelley August 31, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Because i like watching dallas very much. I like Bobby very much on dallas and his son on dallas. His son on dallas is very cute and good looking. And Johnross is cute and good looking to. And i like Bobby new wife on dallas. I am a very big fan of the tv show dallas.

Anonymous August 26, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Yes, please bring it back. I even bought the DVD’s of the first two seasons. That is how good the show is.

Anonymous August 26, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Please, bring Dallas back. The cast, outstanding and I believe the writers can come up with another villain to step in and do what Larry Hagman did or more. Dallas is the best thing on television.

madie August 3, 2013 at 9:24 pm

YES!!!Bring back Dallas. Our family watched every episode. We anxiosly waited for Monday night to come around to see what happened. It was one of our favorite show!!

Shar August 3, 2013 at 1:46 am

Please bring Dallas back! We watched it years ago and eagerly watched the new Dallas!

Kaitlyn July 27, 2013 at 11:47 am

Please bring it back. I watch it with my family every week and i cant wait to see whats in store for everyone of the characters.

Joyce July 17, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I loved the first two seasons. Please bring it back for another few seasons at least!

Anonymous July 3, 2013 at 1:01 pm

YES PLEASE, no other tv show is Worth Dallas, bus we’ll miss JR .
He was Dallas by himself.

Mattea June 24, 2013 at 8:19 am

Yes, please bring it back, I love to see the old and new cast.

Donna June 23, 2013 at 10:49 am

yes yes PLEASE brin back Dallas love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol May 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Love it. Looking forward to watching it all season again, Give me something good to look forward to.

Carol May 30, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I loved the show back in the 8o’s, along with Knoxlanding,. I love having this again. It does give me something to look forward to and enjoy.
Keep the series

Anonymous July 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I totaly agree with you

Marcia Cooper May 27, 2013 at 11:32 pm

YES>>> YES>>> YES. DALLAS..I waited to watch each week to see what would happen next on Monday nights…I even watched the reruns during the week…I have really gotten interested in the drama..so many of the new shows are so dull, and the comedies are foolish… I put aside all that I am doing to watch this exciting and captivating show… do not deprive all of us..I even gave up the Monday version of DWTS to watch this… Let us at least keep something good, and full of life…No more talk shows, and foolishness…Give us good shows with a story line and decent dialogue… I hate Southland…too, much profanity, and sometimes boring stories… Monday Morning was starting to grow on me and was well written and well cast…Some of us are over 45 and still are watchers…We are your more reliable audience…We are not hunting partners, or party nights…We are faithful..Think about us … We’ll give you ratings , if you give us something worth rating…Thanks

Jerome & Patricia May 22, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Love It! Bring it back looked forward to watch it every week!