Dallas: Should the TNT Series Be Renewed for Season Three?

Dallas cancel or renewed for season 3?This evening, TNT airs the final two episodes of Dallas’ second season and, unlike the price of oil, the ratings have been down. Will the TV series return for a third season or will it be cancelled instead?

The new Dallas picks up several years after the original show ended. Time has passed but the Ewings and the Barnes are still at each others’ throats. And, though Larry Hagman passed away, there’s still plenty of drama at Southfork. The cast includes Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Judith Light.

Last season, the new Dallas was one of TNT’s most-watched dramas, averaging 4.42 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

This time around, the ratings weren’t so hot. The second season has averaged 2.64 million with a 0.8 demo rating. The numbers spiked for the JR Ewing funeral episode but they went back down the following week.

While the ratings admittedly haven’t been as strong this time around, Dallas is still TNT’s best performing show right now. Both Monday Mornings and Southland have only been averaging about 1.4 million viewers.

The cable channel also knows that the show is facing a lot more competition at this time of year — compared to when the first season aired last summer.

While TNT hasn’t cancelled or renewed Dallas yet, it seems very likely that the Ewings will return for another round of in-fighting and deception.

What do you think? Would you like to see Dallas return? Is the show as enjoyable as it once was? Should TNT move it back to summer?

Nelson April 16, 2013 at 1:59 am

The new dallas is amazingly entertaining and better than the original. Please renew.

Elliot April 16, 2013 at 1:58 am

If the ratings were low, it is only because Dallas on TNT is a Summer show when it does not have to compete with most network shows. Bring it back to Summer and it will do we’ll again.

Michelle April 16, 2013 at 1:51 am

I love the new Dallas, I want more, let me live vicariously through their conniving, manipulative and deceitful lives, mine is just so common, give me lust, greed, and everything in-between. For that one hour I’m there on South Fork.

matt April 16, 2013 at 1:47 am

Yes the show and the Drama are great! Season 3 must come back!!! RENEW!

Suzie April 16, 2013 at 1:44 am

Absolutely renew Dallas. I love this show & hope it returns. Why in the world did TNT put it opposite DWTS ?

Faith Xamek April 16, 2013 at 1:41 am

Please you must bring Dallas back,it is one of the few great shows they decided to put on tv and it is superb.Forget all these terrible reality garbage shows.Why this is good is because is a reboot of when tv was great,20 years ago,great shows,evening great soaps like Dallas,Knots Landing,Dynasty,something to look forward to each week,not like tv today.
You better renew or else!I will be extremely Dissappointed and you people at TNT. Are just plain stupid.

Maureen Bryngelson April 16, 2013 at 1:40 am

For years DALLAS was my religion and my passion. Every Friday night the kids would go in there rooms so mom could relish in her one show she loved. When you brought it back I was so excited. The characters are all where they should be and the new members are awesome. If you don’t want hearts breaking all over the country, you will keep this show going. PLEASE.

Nancy April 16, 2013 at 1:38 am

Hope it is renewed. I have enjoyed every show! I have the whole series of the old Dallas!. Loved, Loved it! Please renew!

Brenda Joyce April 16, 2013 at 1:35 am

I love it. Just as good as the original. Do not cancel it. I am already waiting for next season

Robyne Roberson April 16, 2013 at 1:27 am

Dallas is by far the best show on TV. Please renew many more seasons!!!!!

Matt April 16, 2013 at 1:26 am

Just watched last episode. It sure seems like they set it up so it could be the end to me. They left a couple of twist with Elena and Cliff…..but they certainly wrapped up enough to end the series.

Tce April 16, 2013 at 1:22 am

Renew!

Marie April 16, 2013 at 1:22 am

Renew please!!!!

Nikki April 16, 2013 at 1:17 am

Love it..please bring it back for 3rd season

Angela April 16, 2013 at 1:16 am

I hope Dallas comes back on its Awesome show me and my dad enjoying every beat of it.