Damages: Glenn Close on DirecTV Renewal

DamagesIt was recently announced that DirecTV had saved Damages from cancellation. The series’ ratings have dropped and, as a result, FX said that they were unable to continue the series.

On the show, Glenn Close portrays Patty Hewes, a very tough New York attorney, and Rose Byrne plays her protege, Ellen Parsons.

Of the Damages pickup, Close told ET, “It’s very exciting to still be teamed with KZK [Productions] and Rose while going into new territory with DirecTV. Damages is a great ride and Patty is a character who continues to fascinate me. I’m proud of the show and grateful for Sony’s undying support.”

DirecTV has ordered seasons four and five of Damages, totaling 20 episodes, to be aired over the next two years.

Canceled and renewed TV show

8 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Louise Bing says

This series is the best thing to hit the screen in a long time. The story is fascinating and the very complex mix of characters are marvelously acted. Gems. Only have the DVD’s and am in withdrawal waiting for Season Three to come available.

WHEN???

2. Eleanor Schilling says

I will miss not seeing Damages, but would never consider giving up Bright House Network to see any program.

3. says

Please someone pick up this excellent , TV Program !!
    We educated viewers have so little intelligent storyline s to view!!!
    I guess it is true you have to, advertize more , until the program becomes a known series !!!
    We have such a few intelligent programs , now to become a follower…
    We have been asking our cable company , Why ???
    So please do not drop this …..TV program …

4. Elaine says

Oh, I’m told that’s what was done with Saturday Night Lights.
    So it should be aired on regular tv after it appears on the satellite tv?
    I’m so anxious to see it. Considering all the sub par shows on regular tv
    it’s difficult to imagine this series not gaining popularity. The brains of the viewers
    will definitely be stimulated with this show.

5. Elaine says

I have been waiting to hear about this decision.
    So what channel is directv? This news really needs
    to be spread. That’s been the problem with this
    well written and acted show. Not many people know about it.
    Just look at the hype for Madmen. That’s what has to happen.
    I am so happy it didn’t end.

• Diane says

This has to be the best seriies in a long time./The twists and turns are great.I can’t imagine anyone even thinking to cancel the show.