Dark Blue: TNT Series Cancelled; No Season Three

Dark BlueAfter two seasons on the air, TNT has cancelled Dark Blue. No season three for Carter Shaw and his LAPD team.

Dark Blue stars Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover unit whose members are so covert that some of the members of the department don’t even know they’re involved. The rest of the cast includes Omari Hardwick, Logan Marshall-Green, Nicki Aycox, and Tricia Helfer.

The cancellation of the cop drama doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Despite a decline in ratings, the series was renewed for a second season last December. The second round of 10 episodes began airing in August and the numbers were worse than they’d been in year one.

Season two averaged a 0.6 rating in the key 18-49 demographic and 2.25 million total viewers. Those figures make the series the worst performer of TNT’s summer season and ripe for cancellation.

Dark Blue ended its run with two episodes on September 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the TV show has been cancelled? How would you have ended the series?

Jo September 30, 2013 at 10:57 am

They NEED to bring back this series!!!!! It was awesome! Maybe bring it back on a different Network? Or at least bring back the episodes like they do for all the other ones and run them as re-rums. At least we would be able to enjoy the Series again. Bring it back, Bring it back, Bring it back!!!!!!!!

Alex August 17, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I cant believe they cancelled this show. It was way better than anything else that’s out there today(and that includes TNT). I’m a 28 year old male living in Southern California and I know for a fact that all my friends and I loved watching this show, and that’s both male and female friends. So if any of the network executives out there are listening you need to bring this show back asap.

Jessie February 27, 2013 at 7:14 am

I really wish this series would continue!!!! It is AWESOME!

Sherry Lewis February 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Yes it sucks. All you networks seem to cancel all the good shows. Then to top it off you leave everybody hanging.

JT December 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I love this show more than many other shows that i have watched!! I cannot believe that they cancelled it! Give it another shot and publicize its return more, im sure people will watch!!!

Carlos Blanco October 13, 2012 at 8:31 am

The problem with the show was the timing. The network needs to view other networks program line before they put a show on the air. It was a good show and Ted Tuner should have put more money into its advertisement; placing adds on other networks. I guarantee that if you promote that show again with proper advertisement and a not so strong line up it will generate a lot of viewers. Take my word for it, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

jodi March 12, 2014 at 8:22 am

I would have done everything in my power (if I had any power) to keep this show up and running!!
What a disappointment. Hot looking cast! Backdrops awesome. Acting and plots right up my ally!!!!
Why?why?why?
Wish they would bring it back!!! Please bring it back?!!!
I totally agree with Carlos Blanco….smarten up people…great show…scrappy advertising…whose problem is it?
Soooo, bummed!

Myrna October 2, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I was into Dark Blue, I was very sad when it was canceled, I say bring it back…plsss.

JT December 28, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I totally i agree. I just started watching and am totally in love with it!!

Big Zed September 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I can’t believe they canceled this show… It was one of the best cop shows on TV by far!

darkblueaddict August 20, 2012 at 1:34 pm

cant believe it scored that low.. it is an amazing show :)

JAZZY K August 18, 2012 at 7:10 am

ME AND DAUGHTER BOTH CAN BELIEVE DARK BLUE IS NOT COMING BACK. WE DIDN’T KNOW THAT. WE WENT LOOKING FOR IT AND THIS IS WHAT WE DISCOVERED. BRING IT BACK PLS.

Sharon August 1, 2012 at 4:28 pm

After all this time I still miss Dark Blue. Wish it could come back with all the great actors.

jon July 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm

This honestly was a great show! Ratings and reviews seem bias and overly critical! There’s way worse shows like Blue Collar that stay on air, with worse plots & character dimensions. BRING DARK BLUE BACK!!

Marcia Shivar June 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I was so disappointed Dark Blue was cancelled! Loved it and watched it every week! I can believe others weren’t as into it as I was!

nnkkie June 5, 2012 at 1:34 am

Can’t believe this series is cancelled.I have watched it back to back like 3times
I still can’t v enough of it.pls uncancel it.am patiently waiting 4 the season 3.the
Series is awesome 4 real.