Dark Blue: TNT Series Cancelled; No Season Three

Dark BlueAfter two seasons on the air, TNT has cancelled Dark Blue. No season three for Carter Shaw and his LAPD team.

Dark Blue stars Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover unit whose members are so covert that some of the members of the department don’t even know they’re involved. The rest of the cast includes Omari Hardwick, Logan Marshall-Green, Nicki Aycox, and Tricia Helfer.

The cancellation of the cop drama doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Despite a decline in ratings, the series was renewed for a second season last December. The second round of 10 episodes began airing in August and the numbers were worse than they’d been in year one.

Season two averaged a 0.6 rating in the key 18-49 demographic and 2.25 million total viewers. Those figures make the series the worst performer of TNT’s summer season and ripe for cancellation.

Dark Blue ended its run with two episodes on September 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the TV show has been cancelled? How would you have ended the series?

Anonymous September 26, 2011 at 1:48 pm

This was a pretty cool show. I’m shocked it got canceled.

Cheryl September 25, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Stop cancellung the “best shows”! Bring It Back……PLEASE!

Anonymous September 24, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Shitty u cancelled a great show….whoever wasn’t watxhing it is dumb as hell

Maureen Jenne September 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Disappointed! Dark Blue was a GREAT show!

John September 22, 2011 at 11:02 am

Disappointed the show was cancelled I was an avid Dark Blue fan, I hope they bring it back.

Dark blue don't die September 21, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I loved Dark Blue and sam so pissed they canceled it! BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris September 20, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I am pissed that you canceled Dark Blue I watched it faithfully. Bring it back and cancel on of the other boring shows or unrealistic show ex. Falling Skies leave that to the syfy channel

Will September 28, 2011 at 10:17 pm

What he said.

Dean Blue September 19, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Aaahhh! I really enjoyed that show. WTH! What do you gotta do to keep the good shows around here. Grrr!

Sarah September 17, 2011 at 7:20 am

Wow. I can’t believe they aren’t Doing more seasons. This tally ruined my day. Dark blue was different than most ‘cop tv shows’ it’s some thing different and new. I thought the tv show was awesome. I love the actors and all the under cover work was an adrenaline rush. I think this show is awesome.

Gaila Anderson September 15, 2011 at 11:00 am

I really enjoyed the show and looked forward to the next seasoon. To my dismay, that won’t be happening….BUMMER!!! Please reconsider????

Wadie September 14, 2011 at 5:39 pm

i think this Dark Blue was one of the best TV shows…. and its a shame you had to cancel.

jenn September 13, 2011 at 4:23 am

Worst decision ever. Character’s storylines were developed
! D.M. is fine! As Julia Roberts said in pretty woman on Big Mistake, Big Mistake!

your are out of your minds September 11, 2011 at 7:46 am

your are out of your minds

Ramona September 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I cant believe they would pull dark blue right when someone gets into it. Its not fair Im disabled and tv is escapism for me. The least they should do is wrap things up for us. To leave a plot line hanging to us very loyal viewers is just plain w-r-o-n-g.

Half September 8, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Bring it back!!! Bring it back!!! Bring it back!!! Bring it back!!!

I LOVED Dark Blue. I can’t believe the network cancelled the show. I was so hoping another network would pick it up, but I guess not!

I watched the show FAITHFULLY! and I really enjoyed the plots each week.
It amazes me how networks cancel the good shows, but keep the BS…..

Bring it back!!! Bring it back!!! Bring it back!!!