Dark Blue: TNT Series Cancelled; No Season Three

Dark BlueAfter two seasons on the air, TNT has cancelled Dark Blue. No season three for Carter Shaw and his LAPD team.

Dark Blue stars Dylan McDermott as the leader of an undercover unit whose members are so covert that some of the members of the department don’t even know they’re involved. The rest of the cast includes Omari Hardwick, Logan Marshall-Green, Nicki Aycox, and Tricia Helfer.

The cancellation of the cop drama doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Despite a decline in ratings, the series was renewed for a second season last December. The second round of 10 episodes began airing in August and the numbers were worse than they’d been in year one.

Season two averaged a 0.6 rating in the key 18-49 demographic and 2.25 million total viewers. Those figures make the series the worst performer of TNT’s summer season and ripe for cancellation.

Dark Blue ended its run with two episodes on September 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that the TV show has been cancelled? How would you have ended the series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

378 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jasmine says

My husband and I loved that show, it’s hard to believe that the ratings weren’t good. It may have come on at the wrong times cuz I work Alot and I had to catch the 11:00 showing. I really hope you bring it back. Hard to believe the show Leverage got more ratings than Dark Blue

2. Mike Peccolo says

Another great show cancelled. Maybe the big shots should get rid of some of the stupid reality shows and other garbage on the air these days instead of cancelling another awesome show. A damn shame…..very disgusted!

3. juanita jones says

damn im pissed off..been wondering when it was coming back on…dark blue was a great show with excellent actors….& they still running rizzolli & isles BLAH BLAH BLAH

4. Tina says

The TV stations are always cancelling good shows. I agree with others promote the shows more. This and Human target were well done. I didn’t know either were cancelled till I just looked to see when it was coming back on. Two more good shows go down. What a shame.

5. ryan says

I am shocked they are cancelling it, is there any chance that the show will be back. It was one of my favorite shows. In my opinion you cant tell me this show is worse then burn notice or rizzoli and isles

6. stacy says

I have been waiting to find out when it comes on, very sad to see its over with. I hate when tv shows are changed with days and times and then “drop in ratings” is a cause for cancelation. How can ppl find the show they like when its changing when its on. I liked how it was different from all the other crime and good guy shows that are on.

7. Fernando says

Great show. I was looking forward to watching the next season. The show puts the viewer in the drivers set. Should bring the show back and promote it more.

8. Marcy says

I too am very disapointed that this show was canceled. I loved it and hope that it will return for another season.

9. Harold Glit says

The most infuriating thing is that all TV producers forget that lots of TV shows that are con sidered part of TV history did not get a large audience right away
    This ever increasing pressure for a show to be successful right from the start is causing a lot of good shows to go down too soon
    It is also forgetting that some shows get more successful when they are re-running on other channels and they generate good money later on

10. Don says

This was a good show! I never got to vote on this. How do they vote and when do they vote? This show was ten times better then those &*$# Teen Mom and Jersey Shore and crap like that shows.

11. Will says

I just found out it was canceled. One of my favorite shows. Great actors, good story lines. Not enough ratings? Another great show I enjoyed watching, Human Target(Jim put to my attention), was also canceled? For awhile now I’ve been trying to figure out why there hasn’t been commercials for either one for a third season. I had had them both on season pass along with the three CSI’s and criminal minds. I like crime series, makes me feel like I’m apart of the action. There can never be enough “cop shows”. But my opinion won’t matter.