Day Break: ABC’s Taye Diggs Drama is Gone

cast of Day Break on ABC As you may recall, ABC recently announced that they were reworking their Wednesday night schedule (in preparation for the return of Fox’s American Idol). That left fans of Day Break out in the cold as the Taye Diggs series would be pulled from the schedule after the December 27th episode had aired. There was some hope and speculation that the series would be moved to another night. We now know that’s not going to happen.

The Lost-replacing series Day Break has been pulled from the schedule even earlier than expected. The ratings for Day Break have continued to fall since its debut and the latest was no exception. The sixth episode, entitle “What If They Find Him,” attracted only 3.1 million households. As a result, ABC has yanked the drama effective immediately. Repeats of George Lopez and According to Jim will fill 8-10pm Wednesdays for the next two weeks (both sitcoms begin new seasons in January on Wednesday nights).

Sign the petition!There are seven unaired episodes and, as of now, there are no plans to air them on the network (joining fellow dramas The Nine and Six Degrees). The good news is that ABC has said they will post the remaining episodes online, with a new episode being posted every Thursday for the next seven weeks. They may decide to release the episodes for purchase online via iTunes but I’m guessing that will have a lot to do with viewer demand. TV Series Finale home page

D March 2, 2007 at 12:26 pm

C’Mon ABC, post up the finale!

simon March 2, 2007 at 1:35 am

Has the Day Break Season Finale been on ABC website yet

concerned March 1, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Where the heck is the finale.. they pushed it a week and again on the following thursday…nothing… wtf

anna March 1, 2007 at 6:24 pm

well its the 2nd of march nd still waiting for the 13th episode…what is going on…

Eric March 1, 2007 at 5:47 pm

It’s March 1 and Episode 13 is still not available online! What’s going on? I NEED TO SEE THE LAST EPISODE!!!

nhemesys March 1, 2007 at 4:55 pm

I am really and I stress really disspleased with ABC. I cannot understand the lack of respect that is being shown here. It is an insult to our minds and a complete disregard for us the viewers. I would motion to go on taye diggs website and voice our concerns.

JR March 1, 2007 at 2:50 pm

March 1 where is it, says premiering this week are they going to wait till midnight Saturday fairly disgusted with abc. Lost last night looked like it were done by fifth graders

Eric March 1, 2007 at 11:23 am

And Still there is no clousure. It is the 1st or March and the finale to Day Break has yet to be posted on abc.com. What are these people thinking.

Andrea March 1, 2007 at 10:41 am

OK, am I stupid or what? How come I am not able to watch the remaining shows of Daybreak? I have gone to all the sites that have been listed on here. Everytime I go to watch episodes 1-12 online it brings me to a site where all other shows like Men in Trees, Grey’s Anatomy ect is to be watched but not Daybreak?

Can someone help me as I have been dying to see the rest of the show.

wouty March 1, 2007 at 3:02 am

man…
ABC is teasing us!
Now it’s again:

Premiering this week
only on ABC.com
“What If It’s Him”

John Wright February 28, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Wednesday February 28th and still no last episode…. I hate ABC

Scott February 28, 2007 at 7:18 pm

Man is ABC really pissing people off! Today is the 28th of Feburary and still no sign of the 13th episode they keep promising will be online. What the heck is going on? I really wish there was a way to let ABC executives know what we think, or perhaps get some airtime on some other network about what is going on all the way back when ABC cancelled the show mid way through the series. I’m pissed, how about you?

NP February 28, 2007 at 1:16 pm

Eh… What’s going on? Why isn’t the show online yet? Honestly, ABC, I don’t think you’re being fair right now.

DEBBIE DEAVER February 27, 2007 at 9:56 am

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PUT DAYBREAK BACK ON.WHAT A GREAT SHOW IT WAS.DOES ANYONE AT ABC READ THIS?

Miguel Equis February 27, 2007 at 5:00 am

Such disappointing news. I just figured it had gone on hiatus like Lost had.

What a total disappointment for such an action-packed, emotionally charged show to be cancelled. How can a great show like this be cancelled, but According to F-ing Jim comes back every season like a zombie?

I just hope race has nothing to do with the lack of numbers. God help this country, if so.