Day Break: Taye Diggs Series to Return January 29th

Taye Diggs of Day Break on ABCAfter pulling Day Break from the ABC primetime schedule in December, the network said that it would release the remaining seven episodes online. Fans were shocked by the cancellation and then enraged when the episodes didn’t appear on the ABC website (reportedly due to online music rights issues). Then, to add fuel to the fire, the Day Break page was removed for the network site. Last week, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPhearson announced that the remaining episodes would be released by late February at the latest. It now appears Day Break fans finally have a pleasant surprise.

Sign the petition!ABC has now said that the previously aired episodes, as well as three new episodes will be streamed from ABC.com starting January 29th. A new episode will then be posted each Monday afterwards until all 13 episodes in the series have been released online. The series finale will be available on February 19th. It’s unclear if older episodes will be pulled as the new ones are made available (as NBC did with Kidnapped).

If, for whatever reason, you can’t view these Day Break episodes online and/or you’d like to see Detective Hopper’s story continue past the single season of Day Break, stop by our online petition and sign it. We’ll be sending it off to the network, production companies and Taye Diggs soon. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

96 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

I love Daybreak and also wish it was brought back. I just wonder if we are preaching to the WRONG choir.

Maybe we should be writing to the companies that are advertising online during DayBreak and, if they are known, the advertisers who had ad’s DURING the on air epispodes. They are the ones that are paying for ABC to air DayBreak and if they realised how ABC blew it for them, or they were willing to pay for the air-time, it might get some serious backing rather than from just us consumers.

Daybreak is now my #1 show and I want it BACK, this season AND NEXT..

2. Michelle says

I just found out today from a text message my daughter sent to everyone saying that they brought Day Break back (at least online).
    I’m glad that there is an opportunity to finish watching the series. I agree with what a majority of posters have said that ABC didn’t give this show a chance. This show leaves you wanting more….just like 24, but better!!!!!

3. Matt Marvitz says

Wow ABC is seriously blowing a big one. Anyone else remember Baywatch? Made quite a bit of ratings when they brought it back.I’m Disappointed they just got rid of my favorite show, I guess I’ll stick to Heroes, Smallville, and Supernatural. You guys are ruining Great potential by letting this show go though

4. sami says

I was burned before by shows that are yanked before the end, so I tivo everything, I’m very happy they are going to replay the old episodes ’cause I never watched them when originally aired when the show was cancelled I just erased them. Thank goodness for second chances.
    I just hope that ABC follows through.

5. Jesus says

Im happy that they brought the series back at least to finish off this season. It would be great if they continued with the season. That would be awesome. I also think they should release the season on DVD.

6. says

Is the tv network insane!!!! This is one of the most exciting shows ive seen since invasion. The acting and characters of this show was perfect, the storyline is out of this world.If left with the choice of lost of day break being pulled i would choose lost,and vote to save day break, bring it back to tv,use more advertising to get people to watch it…believe me will show will out wit prison break and bring in the viewers

7. says

It never ceases to amaze me that ABC continues to pull its best shows off the air without even giving them the slightest chance to succeed. Does this network EVER clue in to the fact that some shows, no matter how good they are, take a little longer than others to find an audience? Come on ABC…Give your loyal viewers a break and put this show back on the air. There’s a reason that your best shows don’t always have viewers right away…It’s because of your too-quick “trigger finger” that many of us have a hard time giving ANY new program a chance for fear we will get hooked on it and you will pull it. In this age of iTunes and “TV on DVD,” many people figure that instead of investing themself in a new show, they will wait to see if it is a success and will “catch up” on Season 1 once they are sure the show has been brought back for a second season. That way, they don’t have to walk around ticked-off because their favorite new show got cancelled just as they were really getting into it. To this day, I am STILL completely irritated that you pulled the EXCELLENT series, “Eyes” after just THREE episodes! How do you expect ANY show to find an enormous audience after such a measly offering? Get a clue, ABC…Pretty soon, you won’t even be able to find an audience for the NEXT mega-hit like “Grey’s Anatomy or “Lost.” Viewers like me are just going to give up on you altogether. Give “Day Break” another chance.

8. Twilight61 says

What a waste of our times to have it pulled away. I was a avid fan and read the reviews (which were excellent I might add) before the series begin.

BRING DAY BREAK BACK!!

9. Bob says

I watched the premiere of this series, liked it, but then could not follow up. Wrong hour for me and no tivo. Then I started watching it on my computer and then one day it just disappeared. So promising! I was playing with the ABC site today, when I saw it again. I want to thank all those who pressured ABC to make it available again. This is excellent stuff. Cannot sleep. I dont know how these choices are made and what affects ratings, but what a loss! Thankyou again.

10. Michael says

How in the world did you decide to pull this show!?!?! It’s great. I just watched the unaired episodes, and I’m even more hooked now than I was before. You have got to sell this on DVD or let me download it.

11. Will says

I have to say, it’s commendable that ABC is fulfilling their promise that this show would be solved in 13 episodes, even though the show was cancelled.
    In addition, ABC’s online show player is by far the best of the major networks. I appreciate what they’ve done, though I completely disagree with their decision to end this show. It’s too bad it started so rocky. The episodes really became significantly more intriguing as time went on. I think it really could have found an audience. The writers did too much goofiness in those first few episodes – I think people just couldn’t stomach it.

12. Gary says

Networks suck now its lame reality or a gameshows from here on out. How about sticking with a show. They already paid for it and shot it. Air it then instead of lame reruns!!!