Day Break: Taye Diggs Series to Return January 29th

Taye Diggs of Day Break on ABCAfter pulling Day Break from the ABC primetime schedule in December, the network said that it would release the remaining seven episodes online. Fans were shocked by the cancellation and then enraged when the episodes didn’t appear on the ABC website (reportedly due to online music rights issues). Then, to add fuel to the fire, the Day Break page was removed for the network site. Last week, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPhearson announced that the remaining episodes would be released by late February at the latest. It now appears Day Break fans finally have a pleasant surprise.

Sign the petition!ABC has now said that the previously aired episodes, as well as three new episodes will be streamed from ABC.com starting January 29th. A new episode will then be posted each Monday afterwards until all 13 episodes in the series have been released online. The series finale will be available on February 19th. It’s unclear if older episodes will be pulled as the new ones are made available (as NBC did with Kidnapped).

If, for whatever reason, you can’t view these Day Break episodes online and/or you’d like to see Detective Hopper’s story continue past the single season of Day Break, stop by our online petition and sign it. We’ll be sending it off to the network, production companies and Taye Diggs soon. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

lou February 20, 2007 at 7:49 am

Daybreak is great…the storyline, the suspense…ABC finally got one right…it’s not 24 but it is #2 in my book.

Spike February 20, 2007 at 12:10 am

regarding the last episode, the website used to say premiering 2/19 (check google cache) but now says premiering this week …

Michelle February 20, 2007 at 12:07 am

I have been looking all night for the finale of Day Break…..and NOTHING!!! I have been waiting since last week to find out what happens. IN ALL HONESTY, DID WE EXCPECT ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM ABC!!!! Once I see the finale of Day Break, I’m done completely with ABC. I’ve already blocked it from my TV remote. Maybe I’ll unblock it if Day Break comes out on DVD!!! We can only pray!

MUSTAFA February 19, 2007 at 5:36 pm

omg!!! they didn’t put up the LAST episode of DAYBREAK on!!!

ADF February 18, 2007 at 2:28 am

Daybreak is a better show than the crap ABC currently airs on TV. It’s suspenseful and very well written. If those ABC “geniuses” would try Daybreak at another day/timeslot, the it’s ratings would soar! Bring back DAYBREAK!!!

dmin February 15, 2007 at 5:32 pm

Day Break is a great show! At the very least release the first season on DVD!

Stan Skinner February 14, 2007 at 1:41 pm

Great showed.
Let it finish, and see how much support it gets.

Devon G. February 14, 2007 at 12:30 am

Cancelling day Break was the biggest mistake that ABC has ever done; That show was so intese,kinda like prison break. Another net work should pick it up if ABc doesn’t want it. I know that the way the show was fomatted,it would eventually dry out,but just a few more changes in the plot would make it last atleast 3 seasons. Am a writer and i can tell.

Luke February 13, 2007 at 6:17 am

Did anyone watch the latest episode online? There are some serious editing problems with it – ie, the commercial breaks bring you back at a different point in the storyline, then you pick up the missing part of the episode later (like a Tarantino flick). Couldn’t anyone at ABC have the decency to at least WATCH the online episode to realize that there is a problem? How much more can you disrespect your viewers? If they didn’t have Lost, I wouldn’t watch anything on ABC. Last year, after 1 season, they pulled Invasion, which I’ll admit, was a little cheesy, but a decent idea for a show, and left that storyline unresolved with a season ending cliffhanger… I agree with others that there’s no point in watching a multi-part continuation drama as you may enjoy it and it gets pulled.

Courtney B February 12, 2007 at 5:38 pm

I LOVED DayBreak!!! I can’t believe the network cancelled it! I looked forward to Wed nights every week. I was looking forward to them 10 seconds after one episode ended!! Please bring it back!! Or at least release it on DVD so those of us who really enjoyed the show can have it! I am highly disappointed in you ABC!!!

Dwight and Natlie Ducille February 12, 2007 at 4:26 pm

We are utterly frustrated with the stupidity of the executives at ABC. Daybreak was probably the only program that we may have chosen over 24. What were you guys thinking?!!! Our entire family was hooked on Daybreak and, as so many has said before, we will never watch another of your pilots for fear of you pulling it for foolish reasons. I would suggest if you ever want loyalty from your viewers, again, I would consider picking the series up from where it is left off. Though the producers may request twice the budget now. Goodluck and Goodbye!

Angela February 12, 2007 at 2:05 pm

I love, love, LOVE this show. I was so disappointed when it was cancelled. I have been watching it online every monday, and I am craving a second season of Daybreak. This show is better than all of the other ABC shows(I like LOST and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, but DAYBREAK is BETTER). This is truly my favorite tv show.

Morten February 10, 2007 at 3:44 pm

Also we from Norway loved Day Break! ABC sucks big time!

Andrew February 10, 2007 at 8:51 am

Pardon me if this may come off a bit offensive, but my intentions mean no harm. This is one of the only shows on television that had an African-American lead. As me being a white male, its a clear observation. Taye Diggs was most likely the only lead in a drama series that wasn’t a front runner for racial stereotypes. Why do those shows get to stay on? i.e. Living Single, Martin. Great shows, but obviously catered to a more stereotypical black lifestyle, or was a direct source of the black lifestyle. Regardless, their was finally a black lead that didn’t fit criteria for black satirism and six shows later he’s gone. Why? Because he didn’t say Yo and Homie. Dude! Come on. Stellar acting, pinpoint accuracy for the part and we can’t get over the race problem. Sure shows like Lost had black characters and Grey’s Anatomy has strong black characters, but, wait, there are ten to twenty white people in the show. I’m not saying I’m right, but look at Taye Diggs last program Kevin Hill. African-American lead, didn’t last one season, but 7th Heaven is still on.

Andrew February 10, 2007 at 8:51 am