Day Break: Taye Diggs Series to Return January 29th

Taye Diggs of Day Break on ABCAfter pulling Day Break from the ABC primetime schedule in December, the network said that it would release the remaining seven episodes online. Fans were shocked by the cancellation and then enraged when the episodes didn’t appear on the ABC website (reportedly due to online music rights issues). Then, to add fuel to the fire, the Day Break page was removed for the network site. Last week, ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPhearson announced that the remaining episodes would be released by late February at the latest. It now appears Day Break fans finally have a pleasant surprise.

Sign the petition!ABC has now said that the previously aired episodes, as well as three new episodes will be streamed from ABC.com starting January 29th. A new episode will then be posted each Monday afterwards until all 13 episodes in the series have been released online. The series finale will be available on February 19th. It’s unclear if older episodes will be pulled as the new ones are made available (as NBC did with Kidnapped).

If, for whatever reason, you can’t view these Day Break episodes online and/or you’d like to see Detective Hopper’s story continue past the single season of Day Break, stop by our online petition and sign it. We’ll be sending it off to the network, production companies and Taye Diggs soon. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Jennifer March 3, 2007 at 12:33 pm

Just watched the last episode of DAY BREAK. Awesome.

But who was that in the last minute of the episode? Any one know??

Arrington March 3, 2007 at 9:16 am

It’s up now. FINALLY!!! Man, this show was good. And the finale hurt more. Totally bittersweet. Although it did answer alot of questions, it also showed the potential stories, characters, and situations that could have been explored had it returned for another season. ABC messed up on this one, but if you think about it, it was doomed before it ever began b/c of advertising it as a LOST “filler” show. I admit, I didn’t like it when I heard the whole “groundhog’s day” theme, but when it premiered, and I actually watched it, I loved it. I think alot of people thought like me, but didn’t watch it to give it a chance. Had they done so, they would have found a surprisingly smart drama, with good plot points and a balanced cast.

MIKE March 2, 2007 at 6:08 pm

THE LAST EPISODE, (13) IS ONLINE TODAY MAR 2 ON ABC.COM
WUD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THIS SERIES. FINAL SCENE OF THE SHOW IS A KEEPER /

Anonymous March 1, 2007 at 11:09 am

Does anyone yet have ANY info as to when the last episode will be available?!!!

I Hate ABC February 28, 2007 at 8:25 pm

Screw ABC. Show was great.

Big Mike February 26, 2007 at 10:41 pm

According to Wikpedia, the last episode of Daybreak airs on the Internet site 28 February. That’s 28 February for the thirteenth and last episode of DAYBREAK.

Sandra February 23, 2007 at 11:22 am

Why is it that Blacks can star in situation comedies all day long. But whenever a dramatic series has a Black lead, the series is soon cancelled. Today DayBreak–will Lincoln Heights be next?!

DB fan February 22, 2007 at 5:27 pm

When can I see the series finale of Daybreak online?

Anonymous February 22, 2007 at 9:47 am

Does anybody know why the last episode, which was scheduled to be posted Feb. 19, is not available? I’m going crazy……………..

Kevin February 22, 2007 at 12:28 am

As Detweiller would say—for every decision there is a consequence…the consequence for their decision on killing a great show like Day Break…Im not watching anymore ABC tv!

Kevin February 22, 2007 at 12:08 am

I swear that every episode of the show got better and better…and I as MANY other faithful fans have been watching online and waiting for that final episode to come out…Why is it that the execs always cancel the good shows and put more crappy reality tv on the air? A few years ago it was Tru Calling on FOX and now just this yr alone its been Justice on FOX, 3 Lbs on CBS, The Nine and most notably Day Break on ABC…
Sorry to tell you execs, but your way of calculating ratings SUCK! I can’t watch every show so I watch one and DVR another to watch later…poor ratings…? Yeah, well you are going to get even poorer ratings by showing “According to Jim” and “George Lopez” or that stupid “Knights of Prosperity”…I mean how did that show even get on the air…? I hope ABC is happy cause now I’m no longer even watching ANYTHING on their network…and this for a thought, Law and Order wasn’t successful its first season either! Guess its back to Cold Case, Prison Break, Friday Night Lights, and Numb3rs…yeah..no ABC in there anywhere…They really dropped the ball w/ Day Break bc man was I hooked!

LaToya Sebree February 21, 2007 at 11:11 am

This is a GREAT show, why hasn’t ABC put up the last episode which was supposed to be online Feb 19th? We are waiting to find out what is going to happen. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda February 20, 2007 at 8:32 pm

What is the deal with you guys at ABC. You are freaking retarded. Are you gonna leave us hanging again??????? Where is the next show????? I’m getting sick of this crap.

Stan King February 20, 2007 at 7:14 pm

Where is the last episode? It’s Feb 20th unless no one noticed!

John February 20, 2007 at 1:47 pm

I’ve had it with ABC. I can no longer even remember how many times they broke their promises with this series. It’s clear they don’t give a rip about the viewers. I’ll never waste my time on a new ABC series, ever again.